It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Martin refused leave 'because of risk to burglars'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well Im glad SOMEONE is worried about the health and safety of the criminals...

Tony Martin, the farmer who killed a criminal who broke into his house, has been denied a preparatory home visit before his release on parole next week because he is considered to be a "danger to burglars".

In a meeting last week with the wing governor at his prison and Annette Stewart, his probation officer, Martin was told that he had been refused a trial three-day home release because the authorities felt that he might reoffend even during that short space of time.

It is normal practice for prisoners awaiting release to be given a few days outside to introduce them gradually to the prospect of regaining their liberty.

It had been thought that Martin had previously not been given the home visit because of fears over the security of his property. Concerns have been raised about Martin's safety after his life was threatened by friends of the teenager he killed.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/07/20/nmart20.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/07/20/ixhome.html

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Well Im glad SOMEONE is worried about the health and safety of the criminals...

Tony Martin, the farmer who killed a criminal who broke into his house, has been denied a preparatory home visit before his release on parole next week because he is considered to be a "danger to burglars".

In a meeting last week with the wing governor at his prison and Annette Stewart, his probation officer, Martin was told that he had been refused a trial three-day home release because the authorities felt that he might reoffend even during that short space of time.

It is normal practice for prisoners awaiting release to be given a few days outside to introduce them gradually to the prospect of regaining their liberty.

It had been thought that Martin had previously not been given the home visit because of fears over the security of his property. Concerns have been raised about Martin's safety after his life was threatened by friends of the teenager he killed.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/07/20/nmart20.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/07/20/ixhome.html

so rather than go after those who threatened his life (which would be the normal and right course of action) they are essentially punishing him for the threats.

well excuse me if i find it hard to muster any sympathy for burglars who get killed caught in the act. i feel less sorry for their friends who threaten the guy with physical harm for protecting his home.

what kind of world do we live in where we lock up people because they kill criminals who break into their house and do nothing to those who threaten to kill others???

the world is now doomed thanks to REAL criminals being protected and home owners being punished for defending their homes from being sieged and ransacked.

i know the end cant be far off now. or i've been sent to bizzaro world.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere of a British police officer who was engaged in a shootout with 3 armed robbers in a highly populated area, and the bad guys had at least 1 hostage. The cop managed to shoot and kill all 3 robbers (who were in no way going to surrender, and were very interested in killing the cop) without endangering any bystanders and without injuring the hostage.

In the US, this would be considered an act of marksmanship, and would likely recieved a commendation at ending what would otherwise have been a very deadly rampage. Instead, the cop was fired, publicly disgraced, and put in prison for several years. When he was finally released, he was often called a "murderer" and could not find employment.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I remember reading somewhere of a British police officer who was engaged in a shootout with 3 armed robbers in a highly populated area, and the bad guys had at least 1 hostage. The cop managed to shoot and kill all 3 robbers (who were in no way going to surrender, and were very interested in killing the cop) without endangering any bystanders and without injuring the hostage.

In the US, this would be considered an act of marksmanship, and would likely recieved a commendation at ending what would otherwise have been a very deadly rampage. Instead, the cop was fired, publicly disgraced, and put in prison for several years. When he was finally released, he was often called a "murderer" and could not find employment.

Damn thats a really sad story. I wouldn't want to be a cop in the UK if thats the thanks they get for doing their job.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Good thing we are keeping the burlers safe. if we had more people like him, we'd have total anarchy!

and they felt that he might reoffend

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
When I first read this, I thought that it was an example of some kind of weird British humor. Then I realized that this was a serious article. The really sick thing about it is that if the burglars had killed Tony Martin, the UK government would have defended their rights, made sure that they received free education while in prison, and then released them after two years. It seems that the only way to get legal protection any more is to be a career criminal. The really sad thing is that this way of thinking (protecting the criminal rather than the victim) is now spreading into the US.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Dragonrider!!!!!

I know this story of old, and totally agree with what Tony Martin did!

4 words???

"THE LAWS AN ASS"

BLACKWIDOW

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Im surprised some neighborhoods dont want him to move in... might scare the burglars away.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
One question. What is wrong with you tea drinkers?????

WTF! That guy would have been given a pat on the back and been asked are you ok sir?, Anyone else in there?, by the cops in America, not
"You are under arrest for protecting your property, you have the right to be shafted by the British government, you will be granted a lawyer, if you cannot afford one we will find the dumbest most idiotic one in the country to make it easier for us to bend you over and thrust."

Anyways, what the F again, so he won't be a repeat offender and all? I hope he does become one, kill the numb nuts who breaks into your house, don't go
"Hey, you need help with that? It took me and two other guys to get it in, so no way you can get it on your own. While you're at it, here is the combination to the safe. Any thing else to make your stealing go easier?"

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   

A charity backing Tony Martin has produced badges featuring the jailed farmer's face and two crossed guns to raise money for his appeal fund

The design is based on a poster put up by a Fenland landowner with a picture of two crossed rifles and the words: "Warning - This Property is Protected by Tony Martin Security Services."

John O'Neill, from Cambidgeshire, said although the poster was a joke it helped deter burglars who had previously broken into his outbuildings and a scrap metal yard on his land.

The badges feature Martin's face, the guns, and the words Tony Martin Security Services - although this firm has never existed.

The charity said the guns represented the desperation of Martin supporters in rural areas who claim a lack of police protection means they have had to take the law into their own hands.

www.ananova.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Tony Martin is being released later this month/or early next month

Also the police have set-up a mobile-police office on his land??????? want to make sure he's alright now, didnt give a sh.. when he was up in court though!

OH !!!

And dont forget ------- the burglar that didnt get killed, actually sued Tony Martin, for mentally hurt (something like that) and won!!!!!!! 15,000 (thousand pounds) now thats English Justice???????????

Im with Tony Martin !!!!

blackwidow

[Edited on 26-7-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Orange County Register, Santa Ana, CA, 12/31/93
State: CA
American Rifleman Issue: March, 1994
On the lam from a massive police manhunt after an armed robbery, a convicted felon grabbed Nadav Joshua as he stepped out the front door of his Cypress, California, home and took him hostage. Joshua ordered his wife to run, but she screamed for help and, armed with a knife and antique gun, attacked her husband's abductor without effect. But neighbor Mike Weiser rushed across the street with his shotgun. He ordered the abductor to freeze. When the warning went unheeded and the man raised his gun, Weiser killed him.

The Tribune, Salt Lake City, UT, 10/21/91
State: UT
American Rifleman Issue: January, 1992
Her family taken hostage by her daughter's ex-boyfriend, Barbara Holt of Kearns, Utah, and her husband were threatened with death, then forced into the bathroom of their home. When the man, armed with a rifle, went into the kitchen with her daughter, Holt slipped into the bedroom and got her .22 pistol. "I was hiding in the corner and when he came out of the kitchen, I just pulled the trigger," Holt said. Her single shot hit the man in the head and stopped the attack.

www.nraila.org...

Just a few of the thousands of stories of force being used to stop violent criminals. Maybe England should take a lesson???

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, on BBC News, it's been said that the Gypsy family of the burgalers have a �40,000 bounty out for Tony Martins life. This was set by a "Gypsy Court of Law", or so they say. I feel sorry for the guy

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Now thats odd?

In The sun newspaper in the wk, the family of the boy killed have said there would be no reprisal, as far as they are concerned, Tony Martin wasnt to blame for their son's death, but the other bloke who took him there was at fault and that Tony Martin had done his time!

And its very rare that REAL gypsie's would say there was a bounty on his head (I know this, being a Romany Gypsy myself)

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
See people, when used in a lawful way, a safe way, and the way they are suppose to be used, they saved lives. Of course, you still have the peacenicks and Nazi's(the Nazi's supported gun control) going

"Well, two weeks ago, a kid who's dad never taught him gun saftey took a gun and shot his dad, so all guns bad and should be banned."
Or
"Well, a criminal bought a gun illeagally and used it to rob a 7/11, so the robbery is the guns fault, not the person commiting it, so ban all guns."

Hello people, guns don't kill people, criminals kill people. If not a gun you have bats, screw drivers, knives, forks, cars, fists, chair, table, rocks, shards of glass, hammer, gasoline bombs(you can buy gasoline just about everywhere and yet people die due to arson/bombs all the time) and of course, my favorite, dogs. So, should we ban all bats, screw drivers, knives, forks, cars, fists, chairs, tables, rocks, shards of glass, hammers, gasoline, and dogs? Well, they kill when used in the wrong way, so they should be banned just like the guns that kill when used wrong. Well, usually when wrong. You sometimes just injure or kill them but using it the right way(like in the examples given or by police)

Anyways, stupid British government/justice system. This is why America is great. You kill a criminal, cops wrap a blanket around you, check for shock, wounds, give you a pat on the back, ask if there are more inside and what not. In America, you kill a criminal, you a hero. Unless you white and the person was a minority, then you racist. Like the case where minority kills a guys wife, rapes the daughter, then when shot(not killed) sues because the father/husband is racist, wins, doesn't spend a day in jail.

So, America government/justice system has it's flaws to, but still, this is BS!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
Now thats odd?

In The sun newspaper in the wk, the family of the boy killed have said there would be no reprisal, as far as they are concerned, Tony Martin wasnt to blame for their son's death, but the other bloke who took him there was at fault and that Tony Martin had done his time!

And its very rare that REAL gypsie's would say there was a bounty on his head (I know this, being a Romany Gypsy myself)

blackwidow

Well blackwiddow, I really hope your right.......I don't like to think of anyone having a bounty on their head. But I really did hear it on the BBC NEws.......though they're not always right as you know.......

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
chebob

thanks for that, but then the papers arent always right are they?

I mean, do we really believe what they print nowadays????

as for the bounty? very strange that - but you never know.

watch this space (see what I can find out - on the inside?)

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here you go blackwidow, this was on the Guaardians website:

Martin, whose case has been seized upon by campaigners keen to give homeowners greater powers to protect their properties, has been warned that a �60,000 bounty has been placed on his head by members of Barras's travelling community.

Here's the full article - Tony Martin

Seems like ti could be true after all.....

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
. In the past, police had confiscated firearms from Martin, who had been described as a 'reclusive' man who had it in for burglars.

Heh... And people are upset that he took out a burglar???

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
chebob

well, if Im wrong, Im wrong and will hold my hands up

but will look up the article in the morning lov, got to go now

but will be back

more to follow ........

blackwidow

top topics

<<   2 >>

join