It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous officers hurt in active east Charlotte shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Charlotte NC shooting spree today.

Police Officers shot.

Ongoing ..... Please post updates.

☠️☠️
CMPD: ‘Numerous’ officers shot as active gunfire continues in east Charlotte, roads closing

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) — Multiple people were rushed to hospitals, and residents, along with anyone in the area of an east Charlotte neighborhood, are asked to avoid the area as active gunfire continues Monday afternoon, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.

'Numerous’ officers hurt in ‘active’ east Charlotte shooting, CMPD says

CHARLOTTE — “Numerous” law enforcement officers have been shot Monday in what police are calling an “active” situation in east Charlotte.

2:33 p.m.

According to a source at the Atrium Health hospital in Uptown, a mass casualty response has been called. Atrium Main is the Level 1 trauma center and every trauma surgeon is being called in.

2:23 p.m.

CMPD’s SWAT team arrived at the scene and was working the scene of the incident.

Police said the scene was still active.

Channel 9 learned several highways were closed, including Interstate 77 at Interstate 277/John Belk Freeway.

another source
www.foxnews.com...

edit on Mon Apr 29 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD NOTE second link would not load, so offering this one

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Queue the gun grabbing liberals that will neglect to read any further into this issue other than it was somebody shooting people.

Hope all ends well and they get what they have coming to them.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that's the "darker" side of Charlotte. It will be swept under the TV stand.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I mean, at this point since it appears that only cops have been the victims so far, I would not be surprised by that in the least.

But, if civilians start getting shot, they might change their mind on that pretty quick.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

One officer has been killed, a Deputy U.S. Marshall, numerous law enforcement officers have been shot. Unconfirmed sources said up to 15 officers have been shot and taken to two different hospitals. Unconfirmed.
WSOC Charlotte TV Video

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   
After finding out the Trump documents may have been planted I was wondering how big an event was going to happen to take the heat off of corrupt DC branches. These 'events' are becoming too predictable. All it takes to set one off is a bit of liberal internal corruption to set one off.

I hope they get things under control swiftly and no more LEO lives are lost.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nothing on MSM other than idiot protesters.

Are there multiple shooters?

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Two shooters, both barricaded, one is wounded. Law enforcement is only confirming three wounded and one deceased so far.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Strange not seeing this anywhere on legacy outlets.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: xuenchen

Queue the gun grabbing liberals that will neglect to read any further into this issue other than it was somebody shooting people.

Hope all ends well and they get what they have coming to them.

Most shootings are instigated and carried out by liberals and its country.

"The research from the National Institute of Justice found that most mass shooters were troubled by personal trauma and in a state of crisis at the time of the shooting, rather than being motivated by a political agenda. The data showed that most mass shooters obtained their guns legally, and were insiders of the targeted institution, such as employees or students. There is no evidence presented that mass shooters were predominantly liberals or Democrats. In fact, the Politifact article states that Mass shooters are rarely motivated by a political agenda, experts told us. The New York Times article also indicates that right-wing extremists were responsible for around 75% of extremist murders in the US over the last decade, while left-wing extremists accounted for only 4%. This contradicts the claim that most mass shootings are instigated by liberals."
PerplexityAI

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There are Mass Shootings....and there are criminals. Some reason along the line they have been blurred.

Sandy Hook - Mass Shooting
Ambushing Cops - Criminal Shoot Out

The issue that is occurring way to often is the ambush shootings of officers. There is no way I would be a cop In a Major Red City right now.

I hope it ends with dead perps and the rest of the officers make it home.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
They fact a US Marshal was involved tells me its likely the shooter/shooters are fugitives. Marshals don't typically do much other than transport prisoners and hunt down fugitives. I'm gonna guess they tracked someone/someones down that was wanted and they noticed before the trap could be sprung.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

My thoughts exactly. They know something or someone is coming so they strap up. It is reminding me of LA and NY in the mid 80's when things got real out of hand.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Unconfirmed reports say law enforcement is clearing the residence. I think it has ended but probably looking for booby traps, evidence, etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   
4 officers working for U.S. Marshals task force shot while serving a warrant in North Carolina, officials say

Officers working with a U.S. Marshalls task force were shot Monday in Charlotte, North Carolina, including a U.S. deputy marshal, according to two law enforcement officials.

The deputy marshal was in surgery Monday afternoon, and three local officers were shot while serving a warrant, one official told NBC News.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Monday afternoon said that “numerous” law enforcement officers had been shot.

edit on Apr-29-2024 by xuenchen because: ☠️

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

It's because some people did something and some other people don't want people to see it 😉

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Astrocometus

It's because some people did something and some other people don't want people to see it 😉

Was it a "mostly peaceful" mass shooting?

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

Politifact

The New York Times

So...no reliable sources.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join