It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas Instantly Shuts Down Anti Israel Protests

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

most of the people around Columbia chanting such things were outside the campus and not part of the organized protest.

bolded the critical part of your statement.

Doesnt matter if its 5 or 500, if the organizers allow it they are at a minimum not against the statement.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Gee golly.

Sounds like insurrectionist talk.

AAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-long covid cough-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't understand their point. The left had violent protests for years now, the left mandated the vaccine that cost people jobs while vilifying the right for 2 years, the left has been protesting the border for years, the left has been protesting 1000 genders and men should be allowed women personal spaces, The left is now protesting at colleges screaming at anyone that may look like a jew...

And some people here are calling it a Left-Right thing?

Geez

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes, there is heavy indoctrination happening in liberal college campuses. Actually, the indoctrination starts in K-12....no...it starts at birth.

Yes, the brainwashing is severe. But you're not brainwashed.. right?

It's always the other side.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The left- right dynamic stems from both sides supporting severe measures delved out by authority figures when it comes to cracking down on the opposition.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Yeah, I was just making fun of you spelling “hamas”😜

If you think hamas is bad wait for hummus, they are worst....

edit on x30Thu, 25 Apr 2024 19:00:08 -05002024115America/ChicagoThu, 25 Apr 2024 19:00:08 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
The left- right dynamic stems from both sides supporting severe measures delved out by authority figures when it comes to cracking down on the opposition.

So how has the right been doing that? Especially in comparison to the left these last 10 or so years? Where is all the anti-Biden protesting?
edit on x30Thu, 25 Apr 2024 19:00:44 -05002024115America/ChicagoThu, 25 Apr 2024 19:00:44 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: CriticalStinker

most of the people around Columbia chanting such things were outside the campus and not part of the organized protest.

bolded the critical part of your statement.

Doesnt matter if its 5 or 500, if the organizers allow it they are at a minimum not against the statement.

Again, slippery slope.

We all know when there are heated protests with the right and left… the left will have some nut job BLM types, and there will be neo Nazis claiming to be part of the right.

I’ve not once tried to imply the whole of the right is sympathetic to that hyper minority. But the media clings on to it.

At the end of the day, the over generalizations of whole swaths of people only sticks because of how polarized the country is, and the feeling of retribution from such.

We all know that most people on the right have solid values. And I’m sure most here would be quick to say everyone on the left is commie Jew haters, but let’s be real. Many of us have friends and family who lean left, many of them are sensible and just have a different ideology.

It’s a shame we let these tropes continue to stick just because many want us to be divided.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You don't understand. From a boomers standpoint, its screwed up.

As an older millennial I can’t exactly afford to completely give up.

But I disagree with many of my elders that there is a lesser evil. The only path in my mind is a new one… not the shell of a party that either represent.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Do you support establishing anti-Semitic laws in this country prohibiting what's termed as "hate speech? Do you support the crack down happening on the college campuses? Because it's probably going to continue escalating. And like I said, I predict it's going to culminate to a terrorist attack (FF) on US soil. Will you support any emergency measures that will be put in place if that happens? All for your own safety, of course.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Threadbarer

I gave you a link to the school rules. The students broke the school rules. Therefore, they can be arrested for unlawful assembly and trespassing. The school has that right.

You're darn right they do!

Remember back when Covid first started and companies were shutting down free speech in online media sites? There were certain people screaming that those companies had a right to shut down "free speech" because it was their company and their rules.

Now that same certain group of people are in this thread screaming "free speech" and claiming these companies can't stifle it like the University of Texas is doing. What is the difference? They're both considered "public places."

So, which is it, Lefties? Free Speech or not Free Speech? You can't have it both ways.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Do you support establishing anti-Semitic laws in this country prohibiting what's termed as "hate speech? Do you support the crack down happening on the college campuses? Because it's probably going to continue escalating. And like I said, I predict it's going to culminate to a terrorist attack (FF) on US soil. Will you support any emergency measures that will be put in place if that happens? All for your own safety, of course.

I'm against limiting any hate speech. Its a stupid concept.

Also, there is protesting and then there is protesting where I just want to whip their asses. Do you know the difference?
edit on x30Thu, 25 Apr 2024 19:28:00 -05002024115America/ChicagoThu, 25 Apr 2024 19:28:00 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We all know that most people on the right have solid values. And I’m sure most here would be quick to say everyone on the left is commie Jew haters, but let’s be real. Many of us have friends and family who lean left, many of them are sensible and just have a different ideology.

It’s a shame we let these tropes continue to stick just because many want us to be divided.

Let's just say a big swath in the middle on both sides has solid values, the problem is the left has been a little thinner than the right lately.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Is like everything they do, they screw up and blame somebody else always.

Typical

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Gee golly.

Sounds like insurrectionist talk.

AAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-long covid cough-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't understand their point. The left had violent protests for years now, the left mandated the vaccine that cost people jobs while vilifying the right for 2 years, the left has been protesting the border for years, the left has been protesting 1000 genders and men should be allowed women personal spaces, The left is now protesting at colleges screaming at anyone that may look like a jew...

And some people here are calling it a Left-Right thing?

Geez

Yeah

lol

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   

www.google.com...

apnews.com...

www.insidehighered.com...

news.sd.gov...

apnews.com...

The misbehaving tools screw it up for everyone else again.

I’ve said it before, if you blame the government for everything you end up putting the government in control of everything.

Someone needs to shove the tools back in the toolbox.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   

www.google.com...

apnews.com...

www.insidehighered.com...

news.sd.gov...

apnews.com...

Great Ok?

You don't like it move to another state, there are many reasons I really dislike CA for example. There are also other parts to the hate speech like adding threats too. Saying Jews suck is not illegal hate speech.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

www.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

The misbehaving tools screw it up for everyone else again.

I’ve said it before, if you blame the government for everything you end up putting the government in control of everything.

Someone needs to shove the tools back in the toolbox.

I'm not going to research it, but I think you need threats too with the speech. As to tools, we can't just kick their asses...These kids in college are linking arms walking in a line then saying if you touch them that is assault. Or do something like scream FU over and over in your face and you can't do a thing about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   

www.wsj.com...

With its takeover of Gaza after the 1967 war with Egypt, Israel tolerated and at times encouraged Islamic activists and groups as a counterweight to the secular nationalists of the PLO and its dominant faction, Fatah

Yeah so, what has that got to do with 2024? We fought WWII with Russia, does that make us responsible for how they are today?

In the Middle East, you try to pick a side that will benefit you, but they all end up extremist. The US and Israel didn't make extremist and already are.

edit on x30Thu, 25 Apr 2024 20:33:37 -05002024115America/ChicagoThu, 25 Apr 2024 20:33:37 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join