It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President BIDEN Vows to Make Americans Pay More Federal Taxes in 2025 - Political Suicide.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
Biden's inflation is already like a huge tax hike on the American people...but, hey, that forgiven student loan debt won't pay for itself.

I’m sure Trump running up almost as much debt as Obama in half the time and printing trillions of dollars had anything to do with inflation.

So same question to you...
Were you financially better off under Trump or Biden?

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Biden's inflation is already like a huge tax hike on the American people...but, hey, that forgiven student loan debt won't pay for itself.

I’m sure Trump running up almost as much debt as Obama in half the time and printing trillions of dollars had anything to do with inflation.

If I get a job that earns me less revenue while increasing my spending and opening up credit cards… I can project the illusion I’m financially better off than before. But that won’t last long will it?

I won’t argue there was a brief period under Trump where people had more disposable income.

But I also don’t think that was going to last.

The inflation would still have happened. The interest rates still had to go up after being near zero.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I won’t argue there was a brief period under Trump where people had more disposable income.

You mean...before covid?

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You mean...before covid?

Spending was still increasing while taxes decreased before COVID.

Do we give Bush a pass for his policy because of 9/11? No, because there were clearly glaring mistakes like Iraq.

Do we give Obama a pass for 08’ and his reckless bailouts and fiscal policy to follow? No.

Candidates run for president, we don’t draft them. And most of them have crisis they’ll have to deal with. They’re going to be judged harder on that than they are policy when times are good.

People are hell bent on making excuses for Trump while creating a narrative he was a mastermind.

He did well at keeping foreign policy calm and fixing the VA. But his fiscal policy as president was just as bad as any recent president. Acting as if the short period of time where people may have saved 2-3% on federal taxes (not social security or Medicare), was some golden era worth the costs to follow is just folly.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You mean...before covid?

Spending was still increasing while taxes decreased before COVID.

Do we give Bush a pass for his policy because of 9/11? No, because there were clearly glaring mistakes like Iraq.

Do we give Obama a pass for 08’ and his reckless bailouts and fiscal policy to follow? No.

Candidates run for president, we don’t draft them. And most of them have crisis they’ll have to deal with. They’re going to be judged harder on that than they are policy when times are good.

People are hell bent on making excuses for Trump while creating a narrative he was a mastermind.

He did well at keeping foreign policy calm and fixing the VA. But his fiscal policy as president was just as bad as any recent president. Acting as if the short period of time where people may have saved 2-3% on federal taxes (not social security or Medicare), was some golden era worth the costs to follow is just folly.

and when you weigh his term against others, you may notice things overall were better. So it stands to reason that we have yet to have a perfect president, the two legitimate choices exist, and one is clearly better than the other. Unless there is another option who can win I'm not factoring in.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

and when you weigh his term against others

If we weigh just the period he was president, maybe. But if we factor in the ramifications I would disagree.

As for the two options now, I won’t argue that Biden is better. But I also don’t see a compelling enough case to throw my vote to either of them.

Trump was the first and only R or D I’ve voted for president. I did so based off of his campaign on fiscal policy. This was coming off of the record spending of Obama. I got burned and learned my lesson.

I’ll go back to independent and third party. I’ll take the accusations I’m throwing away my vote from the two parties who continue to run the country into the ground. I’ll wear it as a badge of honor.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I suppose we all see what we want to see. Of the two options, I'll go for the option that has less wars, less lunacy, and more America.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I suppose we all see what we want to see. Of the two options, I'll go for the option that has less wars, less lunacy, and more America.

I pointed out that his foreign policy was more calm.

But I don’t see how anything I noted about his fiscal policy was off.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't know anyone who would say they are financially better off under Biden than they were under Trump.

...and I know a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You know you're in clown world when half the thread is people saying that what's worse than Biden raising taxes is Trump cutting them.

☣️

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

I’ve been critical of every president in my lifetime.

Just because not everyone subscribes to a narrative he was some super president doesn’t mean they’re emotionally driven.

The goalposts have moved with him. All of a sudden debt and spending don’t matter, and if they do he’s magically the first politician we give a pass to because a crisis happened under his watch.

It’s like we’re supposed to use a different grading system with him because he said some funnies against the libs and establishment.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
You know you're in clown world when half the thread is people saying that what's worse than Biden raising taxes is Trump cutting them.

☣️

More like hearing only what you want to hear.

And interpreting it to mean what you want it to mean.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

☣️

You know it’s a clown world when the only “fiscally responsible” political party doesn’t couple their tax cuts with reduction in spending.

If interest rates go near zero, they have to go higher than they were before near zero to balance out.

If you cut taxes, you have to cut spending or raise them later on.

Very few people pretend the left has ever been good with money. It’s no surprise they’re opting to raise taxes instead of cut spending.

But if we don’t cut spending or raise taxes, option three is print money, which is very likely. And then we’ll see more inflation which is just taxation that didn’t have to get voted through.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

More like hearing only what you want to hear.

And interpreting it to mean what you want it to mean.

Yes. You're bad at that.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

All of a sudden debt and spending don’t matter.

and Biden's student debt payoffs and the unconstitutional spending to forgive it which adds to the national debt?
Does that matter?

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

and Biden's student debt payoffs and the unconstitutional spending to forgive it which adds to the national debt?
Does that matter?

That does matter, as you can see in one of my first comments I pointed out that’s buying votes.

The only difference between that and tax cuts (without reducing spending) for buying votes is forgiving student loans is far more selective in who benefits and pays. Which I will say is worse… but ultimately the two are playing the same game and neither have any sensible plan to better our situation.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Does that matter?

That does matter, as you can see in one of my first comments I pointed out that’s buying votes.

The only difference between that and tax cuts (without reducing spending) for buying votes is forgiving student loans is far more selective in who benefits and pays. Which I will say is worse… but ultimately the two are playing the same game and neither have any sensible plan to better our situation.

Letting me keep more of what I earn through tax cuts...is certainly not the same as cancelling debt I voluntarily agreed to pay for services rendered.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Does that matter?

Letting me keep more of what I earn through tax cuts...is certainly not the same as cancelling debt I voluntarily agreed to pay for services rendered.

Which I pointed out.

Though, again, not to sound like a broken record… keeping tax dollars while increasing spending is temporary. We all still pay.

But I’m starting to come to the conclusion people actions don’t care about economics, and the very real cause and effect of them.

At the end of the day this is just team sports. The actual rules don’t matter, nor do the outcomes as lone as “we” win.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

HONESTLY,,.......they got their tax money anyways.
EVERYTHING we buy gets taxes, or
the guys getting paid working there, pay on what they buy,
those sellers gotta pay taxes on income and paymints
so on, and so on
it never ends until that last cent becomes tax eventially
correct?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join