It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smoke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My dad cut up straws and sucked on them to imitate a cigarette, he stopped after he swallowed one. I think it worked for a while

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I found it easier to quit trying to quit.

Seriously though...good luck to you. I smoke for the welfare of the souls that live with me...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The easiest way for me has been to get rid of all of my tobacco/products (papers/filters/drum tobacco/pipe etc.), and go cold turkey. But this may require will-power as well...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I quit once, for about 5 months. Then I went to college and started up right away. *kicking myself for smoking again* BTW, I am about to light up. It is hard to quit.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would come un-glued if I quit. I'm shuddering just thinking about. I've smoked for 20+ years. It hasn't *cough* *spit* *wheeze* affected me at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Some say it's harder to quit cigarette than it is to quit coc aine or heroine ( I don't truly believe that ).

What's the trick? There's no "trick". The straw one is a good one. Some people use patch. Some use gum.
But they're just accessories. Some people use accessories to practice magic. But magic can be practiced with out accessories.

To effectivly quit smoking, you just need to REALLY WANT IT. Can I make it more clearer? I don't want to annoy anyone. But I tried several times to quit in the last years. Now it's been 6 month I quitted. But this time, it was just easy as 1-2-3. Hell, I had smokes in thoses 6 months, but it never pushed me to start again, most of the time it didn't even tasted good.

When in the first tries at stopping, I couldn't stand to SEE people smoking, or to smell it when I was in bar or clubs. That was reallly though. Now people can smoke right next to me, and I just don't give a flying #.

Anyway, good luck again. Just ask your self, what are the reason you want to stop. Are they valid? Are they important enough TO YOU, enough to actually get you throught the process of stopping and getting your brain back to a normal level of nicotine? If not, well maybe you're not ready, or maybe you should find other reason to boost your will power.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks for your input, stories and good luck wishes, guys.
Me and my gf are still smoke free. We went the cold turkey way and we've got a lot of cleaning done lol
I still badly want to smoke a cigarette but we keep each other strong when the other is weak.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The big test is if you can stake smoke free after several drinks.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Last time I tried to quit I lasted about, hmmm, a day. I have since learnt my lesson that I have no willpower and any attempt to quit smoking is futile. But if I DID have willpower........I still wouldn't quit. There is nothing finer than a smoke and a cup of coffee to wake you up.....NOTHING!!!

Good luck though

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There is nothing finer than a smoke and a cup of coffee to wake you up.....NOTHING!!!

Amen brother........
Or after a good steak and salad dinner. Sorry Mrdead,here you are trying to quit,and we are talking about a good a smoke can be. I'll just go away now and be quiet.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
you know those metal poles in you r basement or garage that hold the celing up? well when ever somebody pisses you off when you're trying to quit just go to your garage or basement (take a pipe wrench with you) and just start beating the living # outta the pole with the wrench.

Example.

Your Friend or Wife: "hello honey how was your day?"

You: (Pick up wrench and heads down stairs) "Ill give you 'how was your day!' '' *PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING*

there fore you run less risk of saying or doing something that you might regret

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

There is nothing finer than a smoke and a cup of coffee to wake you up.....NOTHING!!!

Amen brother........
Or after a good steak and salad dinner. Sorry Mrdead,here you are trying to quit,and we are talking about a good a smoke can be. I'll just go away now and be quiet.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
LMAO, that IS good WillOneSac...... but, in todays world of scientific genius, everything causes cancer, AND, everything cures it....or so they say.

BTW, anyone who doesn't smoke, DON'T START! I'd hate to think that my glorification of smoking would make someone else lose vast amounts of cash to the government....

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LMAO, I like that.
Most likely I will drop dead long before cancer sets in. Could be wrong though,never thought I would see 30. I'm doomed no matter what I do. For 10yrs, I was a finisher. Worked with lacquer,varnish,accetone,xylene etc. I figure before long I should start glowing.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i have been smoke free for about a year now...but why should you guys care...im just a minor...i don't know anything

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Last time I tried to quit I lasted about, hmmm, a day. I have since learnt my lesson that I have no willpower and any attempt to quit smoking is futile. But if I DID have willpower........I still wouldn't quit. There is nothing finer than a smoke and a cup of coffee to wake you up.....NOTHING!!!

Good luck though

Umm, not to be gross, but the coffee/cigarette combination in the morning has certain effects. I hope you are near a washroom.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join