It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARTHQUAKE NOW! Feeling it here in WIlmington DE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I have family in Vermont, and they felt the shock wave. Thats why I had to ask.

EDITED BELOW:
I meant they felt the Tonga blast, I haven't talked to them about todays event yet. They'll most likely will call me during dinner because that's what they always do.
edit on 5/4/2024 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I just read they were getting rid of the rest of Joe's Documents....

on the real, hope everyone is safe!

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I felt in Northeast Jersey earlier when I was leaning on my fridge--it shook!

And I'm saying, oh ___ an earthquake?

Then I saw it on the news...

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

My daughter is in Burlington, VT and my son is in North Conway, NH.

My son said that a lot of cell towers were badly affected so phone service was verklempt and he had to get to a place with Wi-Fi to call and text me.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
a reply to: Guyfriday

My daughter is in Burlington, VT and my son is in North Conway, NH.

My son said that a lot of cell towers were badly affected so phone service was verklempt and he had to get to a place with Wi-Fi to call and text me.

NY Governor Hochul said that in some places the cell network was overloaded--not meaning like an electrical overload, meaning there was so much traffic the network couldn't handle it and there were disruptions. That happens sometimes during major newsworthy events, especially something that affects a wide area.
edit on 5-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I had turn off my XM news radio this morning because the major networks are based in New York, so anytime something happens in New York, even though there is no large-scale death or destruction, they talk about it for hours on end.... Forgetting all about the rest of us.

The weather channel does the same thing whenever there is an event in or near Atlanta, because that is where they are based. They suddenly forget the rest of us don't care if 1 inch of snow fell, and snarled traffic for hours.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
To: FlyersFan

I am glad everyone is okay but is it really over? I'm just reading where the U.S.G.S. believe that the moon's position/perigee has nothing to do with tremors/earthquakes, but other experts are saying that it does. The upcoming solar eclipse will feature a supermoon. A supermoon is named because it is the moon's closest approach to the Earth. Now how can the Earth not be affected by that?
edit on q00000014430America/Chicago5353America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Typically if it its a foreshock the subsequent quakes will creep up in magnitude. At least thats my understanding of it...so if there are any more that have a higher magnitude at could be the signaling of a way worse one to come once the pressure really gives the slip.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
FOX News

A 2.0 magnitude aftershock was recorded about five miles west of Bedminster, N.J., at 11:20 a.m. Isn't that Donald Trumps golf course? That link also shows the fault lines that run through that area.
edit on 4/5/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
FOX News

A 2.0 magnitude aftershock was recorded about five miles west of Bedminster, N.J., at 11:20 a.m. Isn't that Donald Trumps golf course? That link also shows the fault lines that run through that area.

I don't think you can even feel a 2.0.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Interesting location indeed....Trump’s Bedminster Golf Club was in the epicenter. LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

I've felt a 2.0 when I lived in Japan. It was really very slight and you had to be sitting still doing nothing in a rickety building that was easy to shake. I was out walking the dog during this 2.0 and felt nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well, there was that one person here that pointed to the New Madrid earthquake of 1812 happened after two full eclipses occurred in the US, and they were predicting one this time around. So maybe?

You can predict an earthquake like this happens every day, because they happen every day. It's almost as reliable as predicting that the sun will come up.

Right, because they get earthquakes like this everyday in that region.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That bodes well that this wasn't any sort of foreshock. Not that I really thought it was...but this confirms that pretty well.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
All the national news says "felt in parts of..." then goes on to list not much in NY north of White Plains. I'm on the edge of Schenectady and Saratoga counties and definitely felt and heard it, it's all over the local news because the last time we had anything seismic that could be any kind of felt was when I was in high school 25+ years ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea2

TV News said it was felt from Boston to Baltimore.
I've heard people online talking about feeling it in upper New Hampshire.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Magnivea2

TV News said it was felt from Boston to Baltimore.
I've heard people online talking about feeling it in upper New Hampshire.

Some say Maine and I think someone even posted Georgia earlier in the thread. I'm skeptical. Once people hear there was an earthquake, it's not uncommon to get false reports. People start imagining things or just misidentifying some other rumble or vibration they felt as the earthquake.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Well, there was that one person here that pointed to the New Madrid earthquake of 1812 happened after two full eclipses occurred in the US, and they were predicting one this time around. So maybe?

You can predict an earthquake like this happens every day, because they happen every day. It's almost as reliable as predicting that the sun will come up.

Right, because they get earthquakes like this everyday in that region.

Right, because I said that.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I've felt a 2.0 when I lived in Japan. It was really very slight and you had to be sitting still doing nothing in a rickety building that was easy to shake. I was out walking the dog during this 2.0 and felt nothing.

I stand corrected then.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join