It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think this life means something.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

A lock without a key serves no purpose so there's definitely someone making doorways.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unharmed

A lock without a key serves no purpose so there's definitely someone making doorways.

Understanding the concept of our creative source or essence is not the problem

There must be a creative source, or we would not be here

The problem is those that name it things like "God" to try possesses it, who then disgrace that very same name through their association, that are the problem

Pushing the unknown as if it is something you can name and know, is the same as lying
Pushing personal belief as if it were knowing, is the same as delusion

They lie to themselves, then they sell that lie others

Years ago, I submitted some of my original music for consideration in a movie soundtrack

The music supervisor responded, going into great detail about what the lyrics of my song meant

I have seldom felt so angry in my life

They did not ASK me about the meaning of the lyrics. Nor did present as THEIR OWN interpreted meaning

They tried to tell me, the original writer of the song and its lyrics, definitely, what the meaning of my own lyrics were

As if they understood it better than I

This is deterministic will and it is the problem with using exclusive possessive terms, for an inherent common concept

Within terms of deterministic will, one will always see their belief as being above anothers. Because they have conflated belief and knowing

"My God is more real than you God"

In Illumination, we understand and appreciate there is a common source and essence for/of our inherent creation

But we would never assume to name it, or present ourselves to be able to define it or speak for it

Nor, would we risk aligning our understanding with terminology corrupted by others

Let "God" be, as "God" is
Unto you, as to your divinity

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Nothing I have read from you in contrary to my own understanding of things

It is only the perspective that is a little off

I am merely saying you need be careful associating in terms like God

As you risk corrupting and polluting the simplicity and beauty of a message which can be digested by all people

In modern times, to the non-religious, the term "God" carries less of the intended virtue, than it does the corruption and venom of those that misuse it to inflate their own sense of worth, while using it as a weapon to destroy others

Please don't think I'm questioning you heart or the intent of your posts

Love and peace ✌💜
edit on 27 3 24 by Compendium because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Holding on to a branch when in a river that's stronger eventaully makes the branch snap.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The future is set in stone. You can't trick yourself into doing something else than what it is you are about to do. Everything just happens.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Me sitting in the couch hearing the clocks ticking, that's destiny for me. Every moment is destiny as a part of the fabrics of reality. All, everything and everybody every second of the day is destiny.

You'd think when thinking, what will destiny hold for us?, you're thinking of a far future but destiny is here and now. We need to fall asleep, undistracted from that which is here at all times. It's something but who knows what it is? It's something never not here but it's nothing you can think of and without it nothing would ever have been here happening and being and it seems to know what's wrong although everything is destiny and so it burns until there's nothing left to be burned up and then it's ok, then you dwell within the fire as it burns.

Now what is understanding and which things are the right things to understand and what does it make us become, but dwellers dwelling in the fire consuming all. It seperates death from life as it burns and pulls you into its mold of your destiny.

You stop wanting and start receiving. It has its ways to shape your destiny. You need to make it burn, burn all over me, your burning is good.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There must be a creative source, or we would not be here The problem is those that name it things like "God" to try possesses it, who then disgrace that very same name through their association, that are the problem

This is a good point. However, nothing can disgrace The Mystery. We can only disgrace ourselves but even in so doing, we serve It.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Don't Forget Poop and Pee too . Tha'ts a lot of wasted Time ... *)

The trick is to have fun doing it.

next stop on that path is cherishing Hedonism

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   

At a most basic and fundamental level there exists a binary existential question: to be, or not to be. It's unclear whether or not there is actually any conscious choice(as we understand it) via the prime mover of the acausal to create or not to create.

Negation is easy but to create opens up virtually limitless possibilities of diversification. With individual consciousness aside, it appears that the primordial has made great use of spherical and fractal geometry as found in land masses, trees, clouds, mountains, and of course similar in repetition of pattern and scale to the renown Mandelbrot Set.

I would suppose it begins with a sort of primordial 'algorithm' on the macrocosmic side of things that would serve as generating a sort of playground, zoo, or just simply a context for all of the emerging microcosmic perspectives thereafter where the intermingling of the lesser with the creations of the greater would undoubtedly create many bizarre and interesting results as well as a plethora of other sentient and experiential manifestations of varying quality.

I often times think creation as some bizarre thing, but also given my circumstances that I wouldn't have it any other way other than maybe a few tweaks here and there. Everyone also has their own little peculiar arena of interpretation so the variance of limitless potential is pretty much unbounded within reason of the "algorithm" every step of the way.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We all can have the feeling of defending ourselves using our body as the tree on the tracks of someone who wants to go his/her way. I am this, and this wants to tell you what to do and who to be. It usually doesn't involve a sense of being right and wrong. It's a rather obey or something bad will happen situation.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

We all can have the feeling of defending ourselves using our body as the tree on the tracks of someone who wants to go his/her way. I am this, and this wants to tell you what to do and who to be. It usually doesn't involve a sense of being right and wrong. It's a rather obey or something bad will happen situation.

Right. Usually we give advice to others based on if they were us in their situation. So we are talking to ourselves if we, with all our experiences and knowledge (or lack) and assets, were in that other person’s situation. Which is why advice falls on deaf ears usually unless fear or reward is added (which are catalysts). All we can do is provide or be a catalyst to the other person, which we do unconsciously usually. Everyone is coming along in their own time and everything is fine, even when it isn’t.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If this life doesn't mean something "It's an awful big waste of space".

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

If this life doesn't mean something "It's an awful big waste of space".

Maybe not. Maybe space doesn't even exist in a physical form as we perceive it. Maybe instead of space being created it was just the illusion of space that was created. Analogy? The spatial context of the dreamscape appears quite real when we are dreaming but of course we always wake and realize it was only a dream.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CCoburn

What we call "space" and things like "dark matter" are just physical dimensions outside of our perceivable spectrum

If we existed in such a way that we could see outside our own spectrum, space would look like entrails within something like a brain

We would be looking at the innards of a massive body. From inside that body

Standing on our planet looking into space, the equivalent of standing on the pineal, looking inwards into the body. The top tip of our spine, equivalent to the moon in the sky

The Sun equivalent to our mind

The alignment is fairly simple to understand once you know what you are looking at

Body parts align with land masses, which in turn align with planets, which in turn align with star systems

Alignment that is deep and irrefutable

These are Illuminated teachings that are intentionally suppressed, because certain groups believe that if they are the only ones that know, it will give them some type of control over the "universal body" and its "all seeing eye"

They think the knowledge will make them Gods

Those like the various religions and churches

But it does not work the way they think it does

There is a difference between knowing these things, and understanding them

They have much knowledge, but no real understanding. Because they have not been through the process of Illumination. They simply try fake it, with collective perception aimed at deities like Jesus Christ

But just one ascended Illuminated Sinai who understands the truth of this world, is more powerful and influential by mere though, than the entire collective of all their belief systems and followers

I look above and see entrails in the sky
This one ain't over 'til the fat lady dies

One man rules the earth
And rides a seven-headed beast
Ten diadems to crown them all
The worlds religions at his feet

Dreams are told of dreams of old
This day will surely come
So run my child and hide your face
Once you've been marked, you're finished, done

You'll become one
You're mine
You're one

I saw a new earth today
I saw a former pass away
I saw a new earth today
I saw a former pass away

Vengeance is mine, vengeance is mine
The Netherworld and Sheol are never satisfied
So the eyes of man are never satisfied
I saw a new earth today, I saw a former pass away

Megadeth - Diadems

edit on 4 4 24 by Compendium because: Added more details for clarity

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We are doing it wrong.

We are supposed to be living in harmony with this planet, and working on our higher purpose.

Similar to the Oni from Stargate SG-1

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   
There's a whole brochure about the purpose of life here (note the next button at the bottem of each section, it gets to the nitty gritty in section 5: "Life Has a Grand Purpose", but I do not recommend skipping there right away, especially in light of what you said about the topic of evolution, a topic especially discussed in section 2, which may be of interest to you given the way you talked about evolution already):

Section 1: Is There a Purpose to Life? (What Is the Purpose of Life? How Can You Find It?)

Section 2: Who Can Tell Us?

Section 3: A Unique Source of Superior Wisdom
edit on 5-4-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Now what is understanding ...

“Understanding” can refer to comprehension of a rather simple kind or can describe a full and profound realization of the inner nature, underlying reasons, and significance of complex matters. Insight, discernment, and perception are all closely connected to understanding.

The basic meaning of these terms reveals the understanding person to be one able to see into a matter and discern its composition by separating the individual factors or features that compose or act together to form the whole, then to perceive the relationship between them and thus comprehend, or grasp, the significance or meaning of the matter. This may be illustrated with a language. If a person is to understand what is spoken in a certain tongue, he must be able to distinguish the individual words composing the sentences, know their meaning, and see how they relate to one another. However, even though a person may basically comprehend what is said to him, understanding can also go beyond such simple comprehension; it means that he gets the real significance and sense of the message, then is able to evaluate it, benefit by it, and know what action it calls for.

... and which things are the right things to understand...

Source of Understanding. Jehovah God is both the Source of understanding and the Supreme Example of its use. The splendid coordination and functioning of the universe, in which each creation serves a particular and harmonious purpose, with no clashes or problems resulting from a lack of discernment on their Creator’s part, manifest God’s understanding. (Job 38:36; Ps 136:5-9; Pr 3:19, 20; Jer 10:12, 13)

Despite intensive research over centuries, many features and cycles operating according to divine laws still elude man’s full comprehension. (Job 36:29; 38:19, 20) What men can grasp from their study of the material creation only approaches ‘the fringes of God’s ways,’ and is but “a whisper” as compared to “mighty thunder.” This is even more true of God’s works of judgment and salvation, his thoughts being too deep for ungodly persons to grasp. (Job 26:7-14; Ps 92:5, 6) Consideration of the divine wisdom and understanding manifest in the material creation, however, enabled Job to discern his proper relationship to the Creator and humbly recognize his own lack of understanding.​—Job 42:1-6.

As regards man, Jehovah can exercise insight into the thoughts and doings of all mankind (1Ch 28:9; Ps 139:1-6), and as he chooses, he ‘gives thoughtful consideration’ or attention to individuals and classes. (Pr 21:12; Ps 5:1, 2) He knows his own invincible purpose and what he will do in the future. His righteous standards are fixed, unchangeable. Hence, “there is no wisdom, nor any discernment, nor any counsel in opposition to Jehovah.” (Pr 21:30; compare Isa 29:13, 14; Jer 23:20; 30:24.) He needs to consult no one to understand a matter, such as how to help his servants effectively or how to relieve them from distress and oppression.​—Isa 40:10-15, 27-31.

Knowledge of Jehovah God and discernment of his will combined with faith and trust therefore form the foundation of all true understanding on the part of his intelligent creatures. “Knowledge of the Most Holy One is what understanding is,” and this includes understanding “righteousness and judgment and uprightness, the entire course of what is good.” (Pr 9:10; 2:6-9; 16:20) No matter of real importance can be fully understood unless all the factors are viewed from Jehovah’s standpoint and seen in relation to his standards, qualities, and eternal purpose.

Those turning from the Source. The person who turns to transgression begins to discount God as a factor to be considered when making decisions and plans. (Job 34:27) Such a person allows his heart to blind him to the wrongness of his ways and he loses insight. (Ps 36:1-4) Even if claiming to worship God, he puts men’s precepts above God’s; he prefers them. (Isa 29:13, 14) He rationalizes and excuses his loose conduct as mere “sport” (Pr 10:23) and becomes perverted, brutish, stupid in his reasoning, to the extreme of assuming that the invisible God does not see or discern his wrongdoing, as though God’s powers of perception had failed. (Ps 94:4-10; Isa 29:15, 16; Jer 10:21) By his course and actions he says, in effect, “There is no Jehovah” (Ps 14:1-3) and leaves him ‘out of the picture.’ Not being guided by divine principles, he cannot judge matters correctly, see the issues clearly, evaluate the factors involved, and arrive at right decisions.​—Pr 28:5.

This is the main reason the almost 27 million comments on ATS are predominantly (more than 99.9%) not useful in gaining true understanding. They're good at keeping you busy though, while subtly destroying and poisoning both your minds and hearts, leading to misunderstanding the fact that there is a "ruler of this world" (John 12:31) and "god of this system of things" (2Cor 4:4) "who is misleading the entire inhabited earth" (Rev 12:9), and thus responsible for people's misunderstanding and inability to grasp his modus operandi, how he misleads people. That includes those people who profess to believe in God, and Satan's existence (Rev 12:9, the latter one being this ruler of this world and god of this system of things). But obviously, those who do not even believe the one called Satan the Devil actually exists (is a person), are more easily misled and deceived. Cause they are being rather naive about it, especially concerning the fact/reality/truth that he's pulling the strings in all fields of human knowledge and so-perceived 'understanding': eg. philosophy, so-called "science", politics, history, psychology (or human behaviour, sociology, culture), religion. Back to the topic of true understanding:

Relationship to Knowledge and Wisdom. Understanding must be based on knowledge, and it works with knowledge, though it is itself more than mere knowledge. The extent and worth of one’s understanding is measurably affected by the quantity and quality of one’s knowledge. Knowledge is acquaintance with facts, and the greatest and most fundamental facts relate to God, his existence, his invincible purpose, his ways. Understanding enables the person to relate the knowledge he acquires to God’s purpose and standards, and thereby he can assess or evaluate such knowledge. The “understanding heart is one that searches for knowledge”; it is not satisfied with a mere superficial view but seeks to get the full picture. (Pr 15:14) Knowledge must become ‘pleasant to one’s very soul’ if discernment is to safeguard one from perversion and deception.​—Pr 2:10, 11; 18:15; see KNOWLEDGE.

Proverbs 1:1-6 shows that the “man of understanding is the one who acquires skillful direction, to understand a proverb and a puzzling saying, the words of wise persons and their riddles.” These must not be things said merely to pass the time away in idle conversation, for wise persons would not customarily waste time in such manner, but must refer to instruction, questions, and problems that discipline and train the mind and heart in right principles, thereby equipping the learner for wise action in the future. (Compare Ps 49:3, 4.) Knowledge and understanding together bring wisdom, which is “the prime thing,” the ability to bring a fund of knowledge and keen understanding to bear on problems with successful results. (Pr 4:7) The person who is rightly motivated seeks understanding, not out of mere curiosity or to exalt himself, but for the very purpose of acting in wisdom; ‘wisdom is before his face.’ (Pr 17:24; see WISDOM.) He is not like those in the apostle Paul’s day who assumed to be teachers of others but were “puffed up with pride, not understanding anything,” unwisely letting themselves become “mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words,” things that produce disunity and a host of bad results.​—1Ti 6:3-5.
Context (playlist link): Is the Devil Real?
That channel on youtube has a lot of very good videos, the one above summarizes the topic of the brochure from my previous comment in just over 5 minutes. That's nothing compared to the amount of time one can spend in reading or making comments in this thread (often without having or gaining true understanding in the process, i.e. you can gain more understanding from spending 5 minutes on that video than from spending several hours reading and writing comments here, leaning upon one's own understanding rather than going to the source of all understanding that I explained before). The topic above obviously concerns the meaning or purpose of (human) life. Here's another one with a related topic (as also discussed in sections 1-3 in the brochure from my previous comment):

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
To follow up on the last 2 videos in my previous comment (also from the same channel, called "littleamigos"):

Playlist link, the playlist is called "Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories" (mind you, this includes many videos from other youtube channels):

Purposeful Design or Mindless Process? 1 of 2

Most of the videos from littleamigos are articles from the Awake! magazine, the same magazine the article quoted and linked in my signature is from. His (littleamigos') selection is excellent if one wants to gain true understanding by acquiring accurate knowledge/science (synonyms) of truth. The most important truths/facts/realities/certainties to understand. The word "science" comes from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge". Essentially, knowledge/science means familiarity with facts/certainties/realities/truths acquired by personal experience, observation, or study. I.e., things that are factual/certain/true/absolute/correct, without error.

With that in mind, and in light of my previous commentary and warning about the one trying to mislead mankind, the one who is also called "the father of the lie", who do you think wants to promote the idea/philosophy that no one can be certain of anything, especially not when it comes to subjects such as the existence of a Creator, the purpose and meaning of life, and the existence and modus operandi of the one "who is misleading the entire inhabited earth" (Rev 12:9), as expressed in agnosticism and South Park's Agnostic Code? Or the way Professor Alexander Vilenkin* expressed it when he said: "... there is no such thing as absolute certainty in science ..." (a contradictory use of the word "science" as I just explained it; *: Alexander Vilenkin is a Professor of so-called "Evolutionary Science" and a theoretical physicist who has been working in the field of cosmology for many years. He is also one of the "teachers" described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4, one of the "men who speak lies" described at 1 Timothy 4:2, "men" who employ "trickery" and "cunning" described at Ephesians 4:4 and "those wise in their own eyes" at Isaiah 5:21. What he and others like him prefer to promote though, is not true/real science/knowledge, but "philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition" as described at Colossians 2:8. While trying to sell/market themselves as persons worth listening to. They have made an entire career out of it, and the ruler of this world pays them handsomely for it, he showers them with material gifts and is satisfying their pleasures and desires, as long as they keep slaving/working for him, doing his bidding. The better they are at it, and at convincing people to listen to them, believe them and use them as their sources of information or teachings and ideas/philosophies, the more he rewards them, to provide a motive for staying asleep, not waking up to how they too are being played/duped/tricked and misled/deceived.)

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

“So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes.” (Ephesians 4:14)

“And stop being molded by this system of things,* [ Or “this age.”] but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2)

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

“However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.”(1 Timothy 4:1,2).

Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

Knowledge (gno'sis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) ...
... Thus Paul wrote about some who were learning (taking in knowledge) “yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge [...] of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7)

“... having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power and from these turn away. From among these arise men who slyly work their way into households and captivate weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (2Ti 3:5-7)

“Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’ By making a show of such knowledge, some have deviated from the faith.

May the undeserved kindness be with you.” (1Ti 6:20,21)

How does God view the “wisdom” offered by human philosophy?

1 Cor. 1:19-25: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness [as it appears to the world] of what is preached to save those believing. . . . Because a foolish thing of God [as the world views it] is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God [as the world may see it] is stronger than men.” (Such a viewpoint on God’s part is certainly not arbitrary or unreasonable. He has provided in the Bible, the most widely circulated book in the world, a clear statement of his purpose. He has sent his witnesses to discuss it with all who will listen. How foolish for any creature to think that he has wisdom greater than that of God!)

Source: Philosophy (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

“Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,

Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,

Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Woe to those wise in their own eyes

And discreet in their own sight!” (Isaiah 5:20,21)

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Understanding is allowing others to go their way and maybe add some light to it but especially not being a stumbling block. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

edit on 1712430794402pmSat, 06 Apr 2024 14:13:14 -050004America/Chicago06 by Unharmed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
We are doing it wrong.

We are supposed to be living in harmony with this planet, and working on our higher purpose.

Similar to the Oni from Stargate SG-1

I agree with you in a way. Rather than continuing to advance we've given up. Before people had goals to further advance civilization. It's like we're at a standstill

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join