It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Spike in Brain Activity after Death in Brain Dead Coma Patients

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is so amazing and freaky.

Long term coma patients that were shown to be brain dead for years all of the sudden have an amazing amount of brain activity in their minutes after death.

Minutes *after* death.

Wow!

There is so much we don't yet know...

Massive Spike in Brain Activity in Brain Dead Coma Patients

edit on 3/24/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
That was VERY interesting.

10 minutes after the body dies, the brains lit up.

And they stayed lit up for 3 minutes.

The brain was registering that they were moving and communicating and seeing and hearing and problem solving, etc etc

The person was experiencing a whole lot.

All this while clinically dead.

Death doesn't happen when the body dies .. it happens later.

Also makes you wonder about near death experiences .. what people see and hear and experience .. is it just the brain making all that up?

Very very interesting.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This reminds me of my father randomly telling me that the brain lives nearly 15 minutes after death. This was roughly 20 years ago and literally came out of nowhere. I still remember where he was, where I was, his body posture, and his cadence. It all seemed odd. Then again, my father is an odd (but great) man, and I suppose I probably take after him regardless of lack of regular contact.

I suppose he must've seen something. Not sure of what happened to him. One thing I know myself is death ain't the end, and I don't need my father for that one.

Biology and spirituality is the real enigma here.
edit on 24-3-2024 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don’t mean to self promote here,
But I Had a dude on my podcast that claims he did and saw a whole lot, while he was clinically dead.

Stories like this make you really think about what else is there

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Law of Conservation of Energy. The human body can produce up to 2000 watts of electricity. That energy has to go somewhere when the body dies.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Reincarnation anyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   
“What happens after death is so unspeakably glorious that our imagination and our feelings do not suffice to form even an approximate conception of it. The dissolution of our time-bound form in eternity brings no loss of meaning.”
— C.G. Jung

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You're asking the right questions... I wouldn't be surprised if an increased amount of Dimethyltriptamine is circulating the system at that moment.

It's known that at Death and birth the brain is soaked in '___'...

I'm thinking along the following lines...

What happens when you turn off a PC does it just go away or does it put the important stuff where it isn't lost when turned back on? Preferably not hardware, Maybe safe the important stuff to the cloud?

'___' could very well be a software that alows you acces to the cloud...

edit on 24-3-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Law of Conservation of Energy. The human body can produce up to 2000 watts of electricity. That energy has to go somewhere when the body dies.

But they weren't measuring electrical activity.

They were measuring brain waves.

Huge difference.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

This reminds me of my father randomly telling me that the brain lives nearly 15 minutes after death. This was roughly 20 years ago and literally came out of nowhere.

Don't you just love random sh#t?

Some of our most interesting moments in life happen because of or during some random event.

But is it really random?

That's the question that fries my synapses late at night.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

What do you think "brain waves" are?

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaupinDesciple
a reply to: Threadbarer

Reincarnation anyone?

I'm a firm believer in reincarnation.

I believe we continue to reincarnate until we have learned all that we need to learn on the physical plane. I also believe that we choose to do it ourselves when we're between lives on the astral plane or whatever you want to call it.

You can fool some of the people most of the time, but you can't fool your own immortal soul.

It knows what it needs and what its purpose is. And every now & then, we get the faintest glimpse of that knowledge which spurs us on to try and actively do what we need to do.

Thank God for small mercies. Whoever God is...

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What do you think "brain waves" are?

I know that. But you can measure electrical activity without plotting it as a waveform. That was my point.

According to ScienceDirect:

The human brain is made up of billions of neurons, each with its own electrical firing patterns. When groups of neurons fire together in a certain way to send signals to other groups of neurons, the resulting patterns are known as brain waves. These electrical patterns are associated with different types of activity in the brain as well as different states of consciousness.

It's the activities and states of consciousness that the brain waves represent that are so fascinating.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

maybe the brain acts like a capacitor or battery that holds a residual charge, and the activity is is it trying to send those charges / signals to other parts of the body so they can function, and as the signals are sent those body parts that are not functioning drains the residual charge until it's gone.

got the idea from here,

However, the heart's intrinsic electrical system can keep the organ beating for a short time after a person becomes brain-dead — in fact, the heart can even beat outside the body, Greene-Chandos said. But without a ventilator to keep blood and oxygen moving, this beating would stop very quickly, usually in less than an hour, Greene-Chandos said.
Life After Brain Death: Is the Body Still 'Alive'?

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Neutral activity is detected in two ways. MRI and EEG. An MRI monitors neural activity via blood flow. An EEG monitors it via electrical output.

Considering blood flow ceases at death, an MRI would not be useful to show neural activity postmortem. Therefore, these studies must be using an EEG.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Neutral activity is detected in two ways. MRI and EEG. An MRI monitors neural activity via blood flow. An EEG monitors it via electrical output.

Considering blood flow ceases at death, an MRI would not be useful to show neural activity postmortem. Therefore, these studies must be using an EEG.

As someone who designed MRI coils, that is not at all how an MRI works. In layman's terms it magnetizes the patient, getting certain molecules' valence electrons to spin at a frequency based on field strength. An RF signal is sent to align then and then released. Once released the decay of the aligned spin (differing depending the molecule make-up) is measured by the coil. It has nothing to do with blood flow. Unless you're trying to use contrast it makes no difference if he object is dead or alive. In fact 'phantoms' are used for testing and calibration. These are just objects filled with chemical solutions.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antidoppleganger2

As someone who designed MRI coils, that is not at all how an MRI works. In layman's terms it magnetizes the patient, getting certain molecules' valence electrons to spin at a frequency based on field strength. An RF signal is sent to align then and then released. Once released the decay of the aligned spin (differing depending the molecule make-up) is measured by the coil. It has nothing to do with blood flow. Unless you're trying to use contrast it makes no difference if he object is dead or alive. In fact 'phantoms' are used for testing and calibration. These are just objects filled with chemical solutions.

Very interesting!

Thanks for the info.

I've spent so much time in those hellacious tubes that I feel like a piece of magnetized meat at times.

And why do they have to be so damn loud?

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Headphones are like trying to keep dry in a rainstorm using a newspaper, ffs.

edit on 3/24/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yes they are very loud, and claustrophobic too.

Last time I had one, the woman before me got stuck in the thing and it took ages to get her out.

Talking of NDEs, last summer I drowned in a lake. Not breathing and no pulse for at least 5 minutes.

Mate got me out and did CPR which thankfully worked, with 3 broken ribs.

I had a cardiac arrest. The Doc told me that meant I was clinically dead until my heart started again.

I experienced nothing, no light, no nothing. Just like waking up from dreamless sleep.

My mates call me Zombie. The swines!

No more night carping for me. Mrs C was quite clear on that.....

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

For some reason they usually put me to sleep, dont know why I am out every time till they slide me out.

Its an interesting study, deserves a deeper look I think but doubt it will get it as the powers that be seem to want us to believe this is it here do all the hedonistic stuff you want.

Any deep look might give some credence to the religious aspect of society that they want to be gone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join