It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been training for the propaganda mill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

Update your insults before attempting them. These insults bother no one they are so old and worn out.

Apparently they bothered you enough to make a post about them. But thanks, I'll work on updating them.

This might interest you however...

www.theguardian.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

theconversation.com...

edit on 21-3-2024 by lilzazz because: you mad bro?

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Imma go out on a limb here and say nope, not govt controlled.

Just join the discord. One big circle jerk of who's got the best weed.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir You know.... WITH! slightly.... different emphasis..I!COULD! think... of yourWritingStyle AS! Captain James T. Kirk .... talking.

Agree with your sentiment. Being in lockstep with any leanings are to doom oneself to groupthink. I hope nobody ever comes to ATS to discover their new herd to stand with.

edit on 21/3/24 by argentus because: just had to add yet another exclaimation point

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Without exception, the flaming leftists still posting here are generally considered to be jokes and simple fodder for fun.

Ummm...what about the flaming...rightists...?

From my observations...there are a fair amount of fully indoctrinated...flaming rightists on this site...and in government...and in the general population...real true believers...

I consider those suffering under their delusions...to be quite comical as well...

But the flaming leftists actually authored those two phrases in my signature...I've been sporting those since 2016...
When I actually cared enough to author some threads on the matter...

YouSir

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but the "flaming rightists," as you call them, would have been your basic, run-of-the-mill Democrat 20 years ago.

We didn't go farther right. If anything, we became even more liberal.

The left just went further left.

Go look at Bill Clintons policies.

"The era of big government is over"

The Defense of Marriage Act

Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Thanks Chuck Schumer!

Remember when he promised to "end welfare as we know it"? Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996

Every democrat president before Biden called for strong borders.

Donald Trump was the first president to agree with gay marriage when taking office...
edit on 21-3-2024 by ashisnotanidiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
a reply to: whereislogic

That was after I explained the meaning. If they had looked at the meaning they would have known it was pro-Jesus. I used the term to point out that there was a growing fear of Christians in the world.

Of this there is no doubt. The rise in anti-Christian sentiment has really been since WWI and the outset of the beginning of the last days of this system of things in 1914.

The Bible really already foretold this would happen. For example concerning the last days, the time in which we live, we are told that people would have "an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power."-2 Tim 3:1, 5.

Because of these hypocrites that outwardly profess belief in the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ but whose teachings and actions belie those claims, the way of the truth is abusively spoken of.

In Revelation we are told that the waters of the Euphrates river would dry up to prepare for the kings of the rising of the sun.-Revelation 16:12. These "waters" are actually the peoples of the earth.- (Read the explanation what the waters are at Revelation 17:15). That same scripture tells us that God puts it into the heart of the wild beast to turn upon the great prostitute that has a kingdom over the waters of the earth. That is, the governments of the world (represented by the wild beast, when they give their power as a collective to act for one hour on their behalf to the United Nations) will turn upon this spiritual prostitute, which represents all the false religions of the world, including Christendom-those who profess belief in the God of the Bible but by their teachings and conduct prove they are false Christians.

Before the coming destruction of false religion, and Christendom by the United Nations, we are told that her waters, or membership in these false religions, would dry up. So the lowering membership in the Churches of Christendom because of her adultery and hypocrisy during the last days should not surprise us. It is just another sign of the times. It is proof of the divine authorship of the Bible, and it should be a clear clarion signal to all of God's people still in her to flee from her before it is too late, not into atheism, or nationalism, but to Jehovah's true Christian congregation, among his Witnesses who are indeed the true Christian congregation in this time of the end.

edit on Thu, 21 Mar 2024 21:12:48 -0500pm32120240300000048America/ChicagoThu, 21 Mar 2024 21:12:48 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSingleBillie
a reply to: whereislogic

Whatever AI did the deep search also thought I was the first, it was wrong too.

If you want to know more about the history of a word, you can google the word followed by the term etymology (which concerns the history of a word). That's what I did, which led me to the page I linked.

Someone earlier in the thread said I was anti-Jesus.

A bit ironic for that person to say so if you consider the meaning of the term "antichrist" (against Christ) and who it applies to explained in the beginning of this video (full title: "Thirty Identifying Marks of False Christian Religions"):

For those reasons those who want power are terrified of Christians and Christianity,
because division and hatred keeps people controllable and loyal to their governmental "tribe'
and not to God or for caring and love for all humans.

Nationalism is antichrist for example. One dictionary defines nationalism as “a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations.” Ivo Duchacek, a professor of political science, observed in his book Conflict and Cooperation Among Nations: “Nationalism divides humanity into mutually intolerant units. As a result people think as Americans, Russians, Chinese, Egyptians, or Peruvians first, and as human beings second​—if at all.” A former UN secretary-general wrote: “So many of the problems that we face today are due to, or the result of, false attitudes​—some of them have been adopted almost unconsciously. Among these is the concept of narrow nationalism​—‘my country, right or wrong.’”

What does the Bible say? “God loved the world [all mankind] so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) “God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.” (Acts 10:34, 35) Ask yourself, ‘If God’s love is impartial​—embracing people of all nations, including me—​should I not strive to imitate him, especially if I profess to reverence him?’

Nationalism is well described by the psalmist’s expression, “the pestilence causing adversities.” (Psalm 91:3) It has been like a plague on humanity, leading to untold suffering. We are reminded of what Albert Einstein once said: “Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.” Nearly everybody gets it at one time or another, and it continues to spread. Back in 1946, British historian Arnold Toynbee wrote: “Patriotism . . . has very largely superseded Christianity as the religion of the Western World.”

Since 1914, two world wars and over a hundred smaller conflicts have spilled an ocean of blood. A century ago, French writer Guy de Maupassant said that “the egg from which wars are hatched” is patriotism, which he called “a kind of religion.” In fact, The Encyclopedia of Religion says that patriotism’s cousin, nationalism, “has become a dominant form of religion in the modern world, preempting a void left by the deterioration of traditional religious values.” By failing to promote true worship, false religion created the spiritual vacuum into which nationalism was able to pour.

Nowhere was this better illustrated than in Nazi Germany, whose citizens at the beginning of World War II claimed to be 94.4 percent Christian. Of all places, Germany​—birthplace of Protestantism and praised in 1914 by Pope Pius X as home of “the best Catholics in the world”—​should have represented the very best that Christendom had to offer.

In 1993, Dr. Franklin Littell of Baylor University spoke at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum about a troublesome “concrete truth.” What was that?

The truth, Littell said, was that “six million Jews were targeted and systematically murdered in the heart of Christendom, by baptized Roman Catholics, Protestants, and Eastern Orthodox who were never rebuked, let alone excommunicated.”

Hitler was a baptized Roman Catholic, as were many of the leaders in his government. Why weren’t they excommunicated? Why didn’t the Catholic Church condemn the horrors that these men were committing? Why did Protestant churches also keep silent?

Did the churches really remain silent? Is there proof that they supported Hitler’s war efforts?

Catholic historian E. I. Watkin wrote: “Painful as the admission must be, we cannot in the interest of a false edification or dishonest loyalty deny or ignore the historical fact that Bishops have consistently supported all wars waged by the government of their country. . . . Where belligerent nationalism is concerned they have spoken as the mouthpiece of Caesar.” ('giving to Ceasar what belongs to God', their allegiance, to come back to a text you quoted)

When Watkin said that bishops of the Catholic Church “supported all wars waged by the government of their country,” he included the wars of aggression waged by Hitler. As Roman Catholic professor of history at Vienna University, Friedrich Heer, admitted: “In the cold facts of German history, the Cross and the swastika came ever closer together, until the swastika proclaimed the message of victory from the towers of German cathedrals, swastika flags appeared round altars and Catholic and Protestant theologians, pastors, churchmen and statesmen welcomed the alliance with Hitler.”

Catholic Church leaders gave such unqualified support to Hitler’s wars that the Roman Catholic professor Gordon Zahn wrote: “The German Catholic who looked to his religious superiors for spiritual guidance and direction regarding service in Hitler’s wars received virtually the same answers he would have received from the Nazi ruler himself.”

That Catholics obediently followed the direction of their church leaders was documented by Professor Heer. He noted: “Of about thirty-​two million German Catholics​—fifteen and a half million of whom were men—​only seven [individuals] openly refused military service. Six of these were Austrians.”* More recent evidence indicates that a few other Catholics, as well as some Protestants, stood up against the Nazi State because of religious convictions. Some even paid with their lives, while at the same time their spiritual leaders were selling out to the Third Reich.

Keep in mind, Professor Heer included Protestant leaders among those who “welcomed the alliance with Hitler.” Is that true? Paul Johnson’s History of Christianity said: “Of 17,000 Evangelical pastors, there were never more than fifty serving long terms [for not supporting the Nazi regime] at any one time.” Contrasting such pastors with Jehovah’s Witnesses, Johnson wrote: “The bravest were the Jehovah’s Witnesses, who proclaimed their outright doctrinal opposition from the beginning and suffered accordingly. They refused any cooperation with the Nazi state.”

*: In contrast, the Apostle Paul wrote regarding true Christians:

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [“We do not wage warfare.” Lit., “we are not doing military service.” ...; Lat., non . . . mi·li·ta'mus.] according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;” (2 Cor 10:3-5)

Back in 1939, the year World War II began, Consolation quoted T. Bruppacher, a Protestant minister, as saying: “While men who call themselves Christians have failed in the decisive tests, these unknown witnesses of Jehovah, as Christian martyrs, are maintaining unshakable opposition against coercion of conscience and heathen idolatry. The future historian must some day acknowledge that not the great churches, but these slandered and scoffed-​at people, were the ones who stood up first against the rage of the Nazi demon . . . They refuse the worship of Hitler and the Swastika.”

Similarly, Martin Niemoeller, a Protestant church leader who himself had been in a Nazi concentration camp, later confessed: ‘It may be truthfully recalled that Christian churches, throughout the ages, have always consented to bless war, troops, and arms and that they prayed in a very unchristian way for the annihilation of their enemy.’ He admitted: “All this is our fault and our fathers’ fault, but obviously not God’s fault.” Niemoeller then added: “And to think that we Christians of today are ashamed of the so-​called sect of the serious scholars of the Bible [Jehovah’s Witnesses], who by the hundreds and thousands have gone into concentration camps and died because they refused to serve in war and declined to fire on human beings.”

Susannah Heschel, a professor of Judaic studies, uncovered church documents proving that the Lutheran clergy were willing, yes anxious, to support Hitler. She said they begged for the privilege of displaying the swastika in their churches. The overwhelming majority of clergymen were not coerced collaborators, her research showed, but were enthusiastic supporters of Hitler and his Aryan ideals. As a lecturer, Heschel is frequently asked by church members, “What could we have done?” “You could have been like Jehovah’s Witnesses,” she replies.

The reason the churches were silent becomes clear. It is because Christendom’s clergy and their flocks had abandoned the teachings of the Bible in favor of supporting the political state. In 1933 the Roman Catholic Church concluded a concordat with the Nazis. Roman Catholic cardinal Faulhaber wrote to Hitler: “This handshake with the Papacy . . . is a feat of immeasurable blessing. . . . May God preserve the Reich Chancellor [Hitler].”

Indeed, the Catholic Church and other churches as well became handmaidens of the evil Hitler government. Even though Jesus Christ said his true followers “are no part of the world,” the churches and their parishioners became an integral part of Hitler’s world. (John 17:16) As a result, they failed to speak out about the horrors against humanity that were committed by the Nazis in their death camps.

True, a few courageous individuals from the Catholic, Protestant, and various other religions stood up against the Nazi State. But even as some of them paid with their lives, their spiritual leaders, who claimed to serve God, were serving as puppets of the Third Reich.

There was, however, one voice that consistently spoke out. Though the news media, by and large, overlooked the churches as major players in the Nazi drama, Jehovah’s Witnesses felt compelled to expose the treachery and hypocrisy of the clergy, with details of their behind-​the-​scenes collusion.
edit on 21-3-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What I always liked about ATS since it's Inception was it's Members Ability to Strip Naked Anyone's Political Slanted Propaganda induced Posts for what they were Immediately upon Writing . It has Always been Hard to Fool MOST People on this Site when it came to that .

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Continuing from my previous post...

And history keeps repeating itself as described at Eccl. 1:9,10, "nothing new under the sun" ("conscientious objection" is the legal term for refusing military service).

Regarding Christian neutrality, the New Catholic Encyclopedia asserts: “Conscientious objection is morally indefensible.” An article in the Reformierte Presse states that a report by African Rights, a human rights organization, on the 1994 Rwandan genocide established the participation of all churches, “with the exception of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

And it's all happening again in Ukraine right now, where people who refuse military service are kidnapped off the streets or their homes, branded as cowards by the media and the government.

“The world has hated them, because they are no part of the world.”​—JOHN 17:14.

What It Means: Being no part of the world, Jesus was neutral in the social and political conflicts of the day. “If my kingdom were part of this world,” he explained, “my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” (John 18:36) He also urged his followers to shun attitudes, speech, and conduct condemned in God’s Word.​—Matthew 20:25-27.

How Early Christians Measured Up: According to religion writer Jonathan Dymond, the early Christians “refused to engage in [war]; whatever were the consequences, whether reproach, or imprisonment, or death.” They chose to suffer rather than compromise their neutral stand. Their moral code also set them apart. Christians were told: “Because you do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of you.” (1 Peter 4:4) Historian Will Durant wrote that Christians “were troubling the pleasure-mad pagan world with their piety and their decency.”

“A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [121-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.” (The Rise of Christianity, by E. W. Barnes, 1947, p. 333) “It will be seen presently that the evidence for the existence of a single Christian soldier between 60 and about 165 A.D. is exceedingly slight; . . . up to the reign of Marcus Aurelius at least, no Christian would become a soldier after his baptism.” (The Early Church and the World, by C. J. Cadoux, 1955, pp. 275, 276) “In the second century, Christianity . . . had affirmed the incompatibility of military service with Christianity.” (A Short History of Rome, by G. Ferrero and C. Barbagallo, 1919, p. 382) “The behavior of the Christians was very different from that of the Romans. . . . Since Christ had preached peace, they refused to become soldiers.” (Our World Through the Ages, by N. Platt and M. J. Drummond, 1961, p. 125) “The first Christians thought it was wrong to fight, and would not serve in the army even when the Empire needed soldiers.” (The New World’s Foundations in the Old, by R. and W. M. West, 1929, p. 131) “The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.” (Editorial introduction to “Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246) “While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.

More current details (also concerning nationalism, worship of the State and John 17:14):

Persecution of a peaceable people

James 3:13-18

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him by his fine conduct demonstrate works performed with a mildness that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness* [Or possibly, “selfish ambition.”] in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. 16 For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness,* there will also be disorder and every vile thing.

17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. 18 Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for* [Or possibly, “by.”] those who are making peace.

For those who think that war and having a military is a necessity (Professor and former U.S. Ambassador John K. Galbraith: “The Vietnam War produced in the United States one of the most comprehensive efforts in social conditioning [adjusting of public opinion] in modern times. Nothing was spared in the attempt to make the war seem necessary and acceptable to the American public.” And that points to the handiest tool for softening up a nation for war. What is it? Professor Galbraith again supplies the answer: “Schools in all countries inculcate the principles of patriotism. . . . The conditioning that requires all to rally around the flag is of particular importance in winning subordination to military and foreign policy.”):

Stargate SG-1 is my favorite TV show, in season 1 there is a peaceful pacifist race called the Nox, earlier in the episode they disagree with the Stargate team in fighting and killing the Goa'uld, an evil enemy race, on behalf of the Nox, defending them against the threat the Goa'uld poses to the Nox, at which point Colonel Jack O'Neill (or Daniel Jackson) argues that "it is our way for the strong to defend the weak" (Teal'c says it again in the scene below, I'm quoting Teal'c's way of phrasing it), then at the end of the episode one of the Nox has this wonderful line that says: "Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way." (1:33 in the scene below)

Possibly my favorite line in the show.
edit on 22-3-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2
Politics either left or right is by far the worse thing to ever happen to this website

this website should be for UFOs, cryptids, moon landings or vampires etc

Oh yeah, that'll wake people up to what's really going on, we don't have enough posts in the Aliens & UFO's forum yet (the 2nd busiest subforum on ATS after "Mainstream News").

edit: Oh, I meant "Breaking Alternative News", the first subforum listed.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Plus even the term conspiracy theorists has always had a political connotation in that in its first usages it was when referring to people who doubted the narrative put forth by the ruling parties at the time of the JFK assassination.

It's not that hard to doubt such a ridiculous 'magic bullet' story, fit for comedy or the gullible:

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Despite the original owners intention of selling it to a good guy. He may have sold it to what he thought was a good guy like FBI/CIA/military,, or a foreign entity who had a good person as a front to psyops him. Some has said it is used to train AI, maybe.

I see it the other way around. Was a controlled narrative until it got bought out and now many banned subjects are go again.

I dont think we are about to get shut down..

happy days

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Despite the original owners intention of selling it to a good guy. He may have sold it to what he thought was a good guy like FBI/CIA/military,, or a foreign entity who had a good person as a front to psyops him. Some has said it is used to train AI, maybe.

I see it the other way around. Was a controlled narrative until it got bought out and now many banned subjects are go again.

happy days

There are several other threads that discuss the site is about to lose it's domain name and continuation of paying for servers is a question mark. That is why I wrote this.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

What I posted on the 'checking on the status of the website' thread ....

the bottom line is that if the site owners don't reregister the domain name by the 18th of May, then ATS should go dark May 23. The information what was provided said that there are five 'grace' days given from the time the domain name goes away, until the site goes dark.

That was found here -

UK Go Daddy

Website Builder

So we watch the website that was given earlier HERE to see if the date for the domain name changes. If it does, that means the owners are still around somewhere and intend to keep ATS up and running. If the date doesn't change ... then May 22 will be chaos and lights out on May 23.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

So we watch the website that was given earlier HERE to see if the date for the domain name changes. If it does, that means the owners are still around somewhere and intend to keep ATS up and running. If the date doesn't change ... then May 22 will be chaos and lights out on May 23.

Or they can sell the domain name.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I don't know if they can.
I think they let it lapse and then the site (Go Daddy?) sells the name again.
I don't think the ATS owners can just sell the name on their own.
If I understand correctly .. they are more like renting the name than owning it.
IF I understand ... and I may not. I don't get it at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If I understand correctly .. they are more like renting the name than owning it.

Yeah, I don't know.

I do know you can put requests in for names that may become available.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I linked a story of a Belgium MP who shared a meme 7 years ago in a private chat group who was given a year in jail a massive fine and his liberties restricted for 10 years thepeoplesvoice.tv...

I have tried to warn members here about what is coming on April 1st with the new laws coming in ,And Canada is even calling for a life sentence for wrong speak
but many are so wrapped up in politics they do not see the slow creep happening .

Way back in 2012 we were sure AI was on the net with the gibberish that was coming out of some replies from posters online and lately anyone with half a brain seems to be a target for the terminator Ai as I call it as it hounds people until they terminate their accounts .

I can remember reading about the mouse utopia experiments years ago where they had a utopia and they still collapsed within 6 generations and we are so like that cute and timerous beastie in many ways ?.

I have noticed a few members who stick to the official doctrine here even when presented with evidence that refutes what they think and now with AI at their finger tips they can spew a 300 word essay on why I am a idiot for believing what I do in a instant and even Diss the office of national statistics which I I used among many others .

There sure are interesting days ahead of us

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

SW, how do we know you aren't using AI to write this post? And this link you provided.....thepeoplesvoice.tv...

now that looks like a perfect example of AI.

interesting days indeed...

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Someone will make a dyslexic Ai .
add on the dementia add on and then the world will really be in trouble when it starts to argue with itself and thinks the thieves have been in at its stuff and then some genius will ask it who put the bomp in the bomp de bomp bomp and humanity will get nuked from low earth orbit when it has a tizzy fit

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

They absolutely can sell it. It happens all the time. They currently own it and can do with it what they wish.

Back in the gold rush days of the early web, people were registering tons of names that related to large companies in the hopes that they could sell those domain names to those companies at a later date.

A lot of people made an awful lot of money doing it too. Eventually ICANN cracked down on the domain squatters and it became a headache to try and continue using that business model.

But domains are still bought and sold every day.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join