It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been training for the propaganda mill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

The majority of long term members are just a disparate bunch of people talking bollocks to each other because we enjoy it.
I suspect most people think we are strange.....I don't know and I don't really care.

I like ATS and I'll stay here as long as The Mods let me and/or it goes dark.

Even some of the RW extremists are nice to me on occasion

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Who doesn't believe that the government has been monitoring online forums/discussion boards from the "get go"?

Yeah ... but ATS is a nothingburger. A few hundred people at most, spread around the world.

I can see monitoring Reddit or one of the big places like that. But here? Naaah.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Who doesn't believe that the government has been monitoring online forums/discussion boards from the "get go"?

Yeah ... but ATS is a nothingburger. A few hundred people at most, spread around the world.

I can see monitoring Reddit or one of the big places like that. But here? Naaah.

Hey! See, we agree once in awhile.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lou Troglodyte is Listening! 😀

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: Kurokage

Anyway, I think ATS has been a training ground for government agencies.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.
If after the 3 amigos sold ATS and it was bought by an 'agency' then they'd want to keep it going, ATS generally has a broad spectrum of members and would be a perfect dip of the toe for someone learning about social media (and it's ebs and flows) before taking the 'full' plundge, but otherwise ATS is really tiny.
Why shut it down after just a year of ownwership?

ATS is just one of thousands.

I would have taken the OP more seriously if he/she didn't turn it into a Liberal Bash. And apparently anti-Jesus to boot.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh exhibit A.

I love when someone rushes in to prove absolutely whatever outrageous thing has been described.

Not even sure what that means.

How long have you been here?

Exhibit B !

Here since the early 2000’s

Several names, always in trouble for giving the business back at the guys who loved to harass and gang up on people.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

In hindsight, how did that thing figure into all the recent developments ?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Agreed because this is really right verses wrong not left verses right.

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I remember a time when it wasn’t expected that some one fall under left or right here. When everything wasn’t expected to get distilled into the American spectrum of politics school of thought.

I don’t see what either party has done for everyone in recent past. Aside from their verbal platform, their actual ones seem incredibly similar.

This culture war BS just has people at each others throats while the normal citizen continues to get priced out through inflation and death by a thousand cuts in losing freedoms.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Maybe it's UFO Lou.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ATS hasn't been the same since they trashed the nice emogies. Like....

instead we get....

It's so sad...

I treasure ATS for its inspiration to create other things using words. However I'm not so naive as to believe that the 3letters aren't monitoring ATS.
I expect that some are members in good standing or even perhaps mods. Some might even be female....

edit on 20-3-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

In hindsight, how did that thing figure into all the recent developments ?

"Lou Troglodyte" is an anagram that literally translates to "You Got Trolled" 😃

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

IMO - The evil officials in U.S. government don't have much influence here. If they did, they'd have the numerous Q threads removed, since Congress has condemned QAnon for knowing too much.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Agreed because this is really right verses wrong not left verses right.

I remember a time when it wasn’t expected that some one fall under left or right here. When everything wasn’t expected to get distilled into the American spectrum of politics school of thought.

I don’t see what either party has done for everyone in recent past. Aside from their verbal platform, their actual ones seem incredibly similar.

This culture war BS just has people at each others throats while the normal citizen continues to get priced out through inflation and death by a thousand cuts in losing freedoms.

They both suck.

In recent history the left brought us horrible trade agreements that culled off a lot of manufacturing, bailouts, horrible domestic policy, and bloated spending.

The right brought us Iraq, and the most spending and debt in one term in recent history.

Where they’re both similar is their dogmatic conviction that they’re saving the country by being a little less worse than their opponent.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

IMO - The evil officials in U.S. government don't have much influence here. If they did, they'd have the numerous Q threads removed, since Congress has condemned QAnon for knowing too much.

No they would not.

I posit ATS is a place where TPTB want to see what people who disagree with them think. That way they can preempively refute ideas they don't like.

Especially a little site like this, not well known, with very little to zero influence on others outside the small circle. So members won't notice (as I have) that some of the things said on ATS by members are sometimes very quickly "debunked" by social media, when that idea/thought hadn't even been seen in the mainstream social media before the massive "debunking".

edit on 3/20/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: grammar

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It’s ironic to me that one of the overarching themes of this thread is a sentiment of pushing back against the government while following one of the parties/ideologies who’s in power half the time.

Which goes back to my original point of old ATS not falling prey to the dogma of politics.

People were more skeptical then. But there’s been a recent rebranding in politics where as long as you go after the left you’re some kind of rebel. Yet it’s still buying in to one of the oldest brands in politics. And at the end of the day, both the left and right share a majority of their donors, and are friendly when the cameras aren’t on.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Which is precisely why ATS has only left the one thing to do that It has never had the nads to do.

Starve ATS.

There are two ways to break a system: Over feeding, or starvation.

You think ATS has handlers? Put your money where your collective mouths are: Stop posting.

Let the "system" let you know what it thinks you should be "handling".

30 days.

Go!

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

When the stage of a rocket has performed it's funtion and is no longer needed, it gets ejected.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So much paranoia going on. It's rather unhealthy.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
ATS hasn't been the same since they trashed the nice emogies. Like....

instead we get....

It's so sad...

Oh, Yes! I remember that.

Miss the fun emoticons.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It’s ironic to me that one of the overarching themes of this thread is a sentiment of pushing back against the government while following one of the parties/ideologies who’s in power half the time.

Which goes back to my original point of old ATS not falling prey to the dogma of politics.

People were more skeptical then. But there’s been a recent rebranding in politics where as long as you go after the left you’re some kind of rebel. Yet it’s still buying in to one of the oldest brands in politics. And at the end of the day, both the left and right share a majority of their donors, and are friendly when the cameras aren’t on.

Some of us still believe in the basic principles of the two parties from about 1930 through 1990. When there were some shared ideals for America, and some simple rational differences.

Today both parties largely just want power and social control and money. Hence the advent of RINOs and leftists, who don’t represent the original beliefs.

In addition it appears that a large amount of dems want to burn down America and rebuild it into whatever it is they dream of. And most repubs / RINO don’t really care as long as they get to portray the Washington Generals to the dems’ Globetrotters (red guard / brown shirts).

I’m basically a retro conservative GOP

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I have been here for a long, long time, yes I have seen all kind of stuff going on, but because this is pretty much a site that will not really ban you unless you become too radical, you still can exercise your freedom of speech, something that right now with the states of affair under the factious democrats is dying away.

Yes ATS was a great place back in the days, tons of research, information and great minds.

I miss those days.

If you research about ATS it tells is run by the FBI at some point, do not know if is true or not, but some swear by it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join