It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little excitement tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
News out of Lansing this morning said it was an "empty" building, storing tanks.

Glad your ok!

I can see why someone thought fireworks, the video shows things shooting up into the air. Not high enough or exploding like fireworks though.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Yes, people were out here too. I'm not gonna lie at first I was a bit unsettled because it took a while to find out what was going on, and it of course sounded like explosions.

Had a few people call me to ask what was going on. I called my parents to check on them and reassure them. They are in their late 80s and get easily scared these days.

Well, glad you're safe. Also glad it was not worse and no one died.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Yes, people were out here too. I'm not gonna lie at first I was a bit unsettled because it took a while to find out what was going on, and it of course sounded like explosions.

Had a few people call me to ask what was going on. I called my parents to check on them and reassure them. They are in their late 80s and get easily scared these days.

Well, glad you're safe. Also glad it was not worse and no one died.

Yeah I was a little freaked out myself in the first 20 minutes of continuous explosions shaking the house.

That’s when I texted a neighbor and he tells me “train derailment and train cars exploding”, which I thought was entirely possible with the tracks that run parallel to Groesbeck.

My brother lives near 18 Mile and Hayes and he was texting nonstop, my phone was blowing up with texts from everyone.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I see now 1 person died that was hit by flying debris.

And it made the national news….

Massive Michigan industrial fire sparks hundreds of explosions, sending debris flying

Exploding materials flew in all directions from suburban Detroit building, with some landing about a mile away

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I used to walk the train tracks along Groesbeck from 10 Mile to 16 Mile. I had friends who lived in Sin City on 14 Mile and Groesbeck. I knew that area 30 years ago, I remember when a deer was roaming around 14 Mile, there used to be deer along the Clinton River. That 15 and Groesbeck had lots of wildlife when I was a kid like, rabbits, raccoons, pheasants, rats, frogs, Garter snakes, and even ducks and muskrats were in the ditches. Things changed after they took McKinley Airport out and put in housing.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
I used to walk the train tracks along Groesbeck from 10 Mile to 16 Mile. I had friends who lived in Sin City on 14 Mile and Groesbeck. I knew that area 30 years ago, I remember when a deer was roaming around 14 Mile, there used to be deer along the Clinton River. That 15 and Groesbeck had lots of wildlife when I was a kid like, rabbits, raccoons, pheasants, rats, frogs, Garter snakes, and even ducks and muskrats were in the ditches. Things changed after they took McKinley Airport out and put in housing.

Sin City?
Wow I haven’t heard that in a long time, I remember when it was called that.

Yeah I am 58 and have lived in the area my entire life.
I remember when M-59 (Hall Rd) was only 2 lanes, 1 in each direction with big farms along both sides, now it’s a 6 lane superhighway.

Still lots of wildlife in my area, my wife and I saw a Bald Eagle yesterday and see deer quite a bit near the Clinton River.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Had a random deer just stroll down the street, and a turkey was chilling on the hood of my daughters car one day. I remember as young kid when they were building 696 on the east side. Not familiar with Sin City though.

Sorry to hear a bystander died. 19 is so young.
edit on 5-3-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

We're about the same age. I lived just north of 10 Mile pretty close to Groesbeck. Hayes Field, an empty industrial lot on Hayes near Groesbeck was where all us kids would go to hunt frogs and snakes. When I got a little older, I'd walk the tracks or ride a bicycle as far as 16 Mile Road. Nothing too wild in that old neighborhood anymore, although areas south of 8 Mile are looking rural after they gutted those neighborhoods down on the Eastside of Detroit.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Had a random deer just stroll down the street, and a turkey was chilling on the hood of my daughters car one day. I remember as young kid when they were building 696 on the east side. Not familiar with Sin City though.

Sorry to hear a bystander died. 19 is so young.

Yeah we took a motorcycle ride down South River to the point yesterday and saw the eagle sitting in a tree by Lakeshore Dr.
It was big.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I've heard you can see them a lot. I heard at shook and Jefferson. I haven't seen one, but would like too.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Dearborn here. I saw that this a.m. Did they find the cause?

A guy died hit with flying debris...A HALF MILE AWAY.

Take care neighbor....

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Dearborn here. I saw that this a.m. Did they find the cause?

A guy died hit with flying debris...A HALF MILE AWAY.

Take care neighbor....

It might take them a while to figure out what caused it.
The owners are probably going to have some explaining to do over what caused 90 minutes of explosions to happen.
The building wasn’t even that big, I’ve never heard anything like it.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I was sitting here watching TV about 9 PM and I started hearing what I thought was thunder in the distance but it wasn’t stopping for like 10 minutes.
Went outside and all the neighbors were out on the sidewalks wondering the same thing.

Turns out it was massive explosions from a fire at an industrial building about 3 miles away.

The explosions lasted at least an hour.

The news is saying it was nitrous oxide tanks blowing up.

Craziest thing I’ve ever experienced, nonstop news coverage here.

www.clickondetroit.com...

Yeah I’m about 3 miles from there myself. My wife was like “are we being bombed!”

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Read they had just received a truckload of butane. I will try to find the article.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

You, myself and Razor are all neighbors!

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

originally posted by: RazorV66
I was sitting here watching TV about 9 PM and I started hearing what I thought was thunder in the distance but it wasn’t stopping for like 10 minutes.
Went outside and all the neighbors were out on the sidewalks wondering the same thing.

Turns out it was massive explosions from a fire at an industrial building about 3 miles away.

The explosions lasted at least an hour.

The news is saying it was nitrous oxide tanks blowing up.

Craziest thing I’ve ever experienced, nonstop news coverage here.

www.clickondetroit.com...

Yeah I’m about 3 miles from there myself. My wife was like “are we being bombed!”

I was thinking along the same lines.
I pulled a couple guns and mags out of my safe and put them on the dining room table to be ready for anything until we figured out what it was 🤣
edit on 5-3-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Hahaha that’s wild. I grew up at 15 and Kelly. I moved a few miles away but still in the area. If you ever see a blue 64 Impala Lowrider in the area, that’s me lol

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Small world. I grew up at Moross and Chandler Park Dr. I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you do the local car shows?

I'm in Harrison Twp now.
edit on 5-3-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

Hahaha that’s wild. I grew up at 15 and Kelly. I moved a few miles away but still in the area. If you ever see a blue 64 Impala Lowrider in the area, that’s me lol

If you go to any of the area cars shows in the summer with it, I’ve probably seen you.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Small world. I grew up at Moross and Chandler Park Dr. I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you do the local car shows?

All the time. We just got back from Autorama, our club ran the table. I took 2nd. I can PM you some shows we’ll be at. We have our club show in June.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join