It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon lawmakers pass bill to recriminalize drug possession

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Oh you people couldn't think anything through. WHY, what would be the reason to de-criminalise drugs/any drugs. Hint:- it aint to help junkies get off the drugs. Listen very carefully. Junkies will be junkies, legal or illegal. The cost of any treatment will ALWAYS be there. The main reasons to de-criminalise drug use is, 1. to take the control of supply and "purity" out of the hands of criminals thereby making the availability to junkies reasonably priced (again I will state to you junkies will still be junkies whether it's legal or illegal and no amount of law or hand wringing will change that fact) and 2. To put it mildly, making their drug affordable they aint gonna come round to rob your house for their next fix.

Now down to the nitty gritty. The main reason they are doing this is money flow. IE. The money is always there it just comes down to just who benefits. Criminals or Politian's. You could say they're both the same but think on this. If the drug money is legal it has to go through legal channels so less likely for politician's to skim off. But illegal opens the door to massive back handers.
Now what bother you, the ordinary man in the street? Seeing junkies lying about, used needles left on your front porch or in the children playground. What? You tell me because the criminal nor the politician gives a flying fig about you.
Medical aid/help still has to be paid whether it's legal or illegal. So if illegal good luck trying to get money off the criminal, but legal you can add a bit on the top of supply to cover some expense. Also when legalised the junkie has no need to hide his activity thereby you could provide spaces so the abuse and disposables are not in public areas.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

I still think decriminalizing drugs is the way to go. Arresting people for possession is not the right answer. It's a drain on our tax dollars. Take the drugs away from regular people. Get people help for their addiction. Go after the dealers. The state more than likely fumbled the program and someone lined their pocket with all that money for treatment.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
But you guys said that making things illegal doesn't work. 🔫

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It worked very well in Portugal 22 years ago, so I suppose we had things better organised.

Either that or there was some strong, hidden, opposition.

posted on Mar, 4 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oregon decriminalization of drugs, but that is where it stopped. You have to HELP people that cannot help themselves. So of course it didn't work! The problem with Oregon is that there is to many idiots that run this place.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Euronymous2625

I think you proved the point you were trying to refute. People will do things that are dangerous regardless of it is legal or not. Maybe you should let people protect themselves from these crazies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join