It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelians, heard of this?

page: 1

join
share:
who

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I started to look back and couldnt find anything on this, just wondered if anyone here has heard of this or knows about it. I couldnt decide if I should put it here or in the religion forum. I think its all a scam for money, first page they are already pushing you to buy their book. Any thoughts or opinions?

www.rael.org...

[Edited on 23-7-2003 by who]

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The Scifi channel had a show on declassified tuesday I cant remember what it was called
The show also talked about other "cults" sort of like the Raelians. Its basicly a religion for these people.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I believe the founder's name is Rael, and he claims to bebe the child of a human woman and an extraterrestrial(i cant speeel!) And he believes that Jesus was the child of an alien.

Black rose, are you a fan of dot.hack?

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from another planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

The extra-terrestrial was about four feet in height, had long dark hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin and exuded harmony and humour. He told Rael that:

"we were the ones who made all life on earth"
"you mistook us for gods"
"we were at the origin of your main religions"
"Now that you are mature enough to understand this,
we would like to enter official contact through an embassy"

you've got to be frigging kidding me. Why would they pick a FRENCH person?

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
His 'cult' is said to be the largest UFO-based religion over the world.
www.trincoll.edu...

He's also the founder of CLONAID

who

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I originally heard about this on a morning radio talk show, they said if you want a good laugh check out this website. I dont know why but i remembered if after work and checked it out. These are some strange folks. I do have to give credit to the originality of building an embassy so they would be welcomed here.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Officially sponsored by Nike and Koolaid

just kidding.

Seems what they're saying is plausible, but it's just a little weird. watch the vid clips in the section of the site called Rael TV, they're pretty informative as to what they believe.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
the clonaid and raelian websites are an interesting read

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by goregrinder]

Like fury said

Because they invented the french maid outfit

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Don't want to break the party here but Rael is an hoaxer... He told himself to one of his friends "On sait tr�s bien entre nous que tous ceci n'est que fabulations"

Translation : We both know that it's a pure hoax.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Salem]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
your right Salem the whole cloning babies thing was just a big publicity stunt for his cult

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Did you know that He tried to sold that story ( the clonage one ) to Fox and CNN for one million dollars ?
Pretty expensive for a hoax isn't it ?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They believe the key to eternal life is through cloning and that's how Jesus arose from the dead in after he was crucified. Rael's father who is an alien, is actually the brother of Jesus according to Rael.

They need $20 million dollars to build an emabassy in a neutral country (Canada, Switzerland, etc...) so the aliens may land. They already heave like 13 to 14 million after a year and a half of fundraising.
Of course Rael, the self proclaimed prophet, nephew of Jesus, grandson of Elohim is the ambassador to the aliens and he gets to live in a humongous private room. to himself.

I'm geussing it'll turn out like most giant cults. He starts raping all of the little girls in the cult then parents get mad, law enforcement comes in, gun fight, federal agent SWAT teams come in, and he dies...
Government confiscates 20 million dollar estate, and all property.

That's my geuss,
Tassadar

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Simple...wouldn't the risk be less if you contacted people who had never won a war?

P.S. Two ties don't count, neither does the French Revolution...as they were fighting other French...

Seriously though...they were thrust into the limelight (begged for it more likely) when they announced the first human clone (which is likely bs..as they won't let any others examine the baby).

who

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I agree with Tassadar, sounds like a cult that will eventually turn bad. It might even be evil now but hasnt really been exposed yet. Who knows, either way its definetly a weird idea that sparked their whole religion. I never really thought of Jesus as being an alien.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

They need $20 million dollars to build an emabassy in a neutral country (Canada

aliens in my country!?!??! what proof do they have that they even exist

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
They have no proof, just that idiot who calls him self Rael, while is name is Claude Vorilhon. He 'claim' to have seen and talked to aliens.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
there is no proof like morbid said f16.

Rael says that 'Elohim' spoke to him in a vision.
Then Rael payed off 6 Isreli priests to pretend they had talked to them too.

He started this in the 70's and now it's the world's largest alien oriented religion.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Simple...wouldn't the risk be less if you contacted people who had never won a war?

P.S. Two ties don't count, neither does the French Revolution...as they were fighting other French...

Ever heard of Napoleon ?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Aha! But HE was Corsican! Doesn't count....

And even he was silly enough to attack the Russians....in WINTER!!! And since when did being banished mean victory???

I still think Elohim made the right choice, hehe...

top topics

join