It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have arrived, let's drink!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wussup folks, thought I would introduce myself. I have been lurking for...what....15-20 years. Almost signed up quite a while ago, then Sandy Hook happened, people were hollering about crisis actors and fake death certificates. Thought it best to not get involved, being a parent and all. But, no time like the present.

I brew beer for a living, finally own my own brewery like a dumb-ass and live in what I used to call the "Golden State" although it seems more like the "Dookey Brown" state these days. I love my family and my community, hate politics and politicians on all sides (because I love my family and community and Dems and Reps only want us divided) and identify more as a redneck hippy than anything else.

I have been known to crush more than a few on my days off.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryOldBrewer

Greetings and Salutations.

SALUT!

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Greetings and Salutations.

SALUT!

PROST!

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Welcome fella, the world needs more brewers

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Welcome!!!!!

So, as a redneck hippy you have gone from drinking PBR to brewing your own?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Coors actually lol. But yea, love making Lagers. But sadly they don't pay the bills. I have to whore myself out to the Almighty IPA if I want to stay afloat. Love for beer, guns and pot is what makes me the redneck hippy I am. Oh, and old. Stupid body lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sláinte is táinte!

I've been looking into brewing mead for a couple years now, I hope you find the time to type up recipes and anecdotes for the novices who aren't quite motivated but still pondering.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Welcome!

Not sure what your beef with IPA’s are though. They are the best beers. 🍻

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Welcome Amigo!

I've crushed more than a few, destroyed some liver tissue, etc.

But yet - I stand!

See ya round the forums...

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Cheers!

My mum used to make me eat liver when I were a nipper.

Hated it.

I have been getting my own back on mine ever since.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

No beef lol, but with tons of beer styles available and plenty of delicious stuff out there, I am forever cursed to wonder why not something else?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryOldBrewer
a reply to: KKLOCO

No beef lol, but with tons of beer styles available and plenty of delicious stuff out there, I am forever cursed to wonder why not something else?

As someone who makes beer and having asked a lot of people over the years, it turns out that people like an IPA because they can buy a 9 point at the store... bigger bang for their buck despite the taste.

It is the Mad Dog 20/20 of beers.

In reality an 11 point single hopped amber, for instance, tastes a lot better.

As you well know.

Welcome to the forum!

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmFri, 23 Feb 2024 19:07:22 -060007 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I was thinking about you when he posted this.

IPA created bitch tits for men.

Love ya! 🍻

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Let’s be best friends.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Love ya! 🍻

You are correct... the insane amount of pseudo-estrogens in an IPA doesn't work well on men.

But to each their own and love ya back!

Currently drinking a 10 point porter that has a coffee front taste and a dark chocolate aftertaste.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmFri, 23 Feb 2024 20:06:37 -060006 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Fellow brewer here! Welcome and Prost!

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Last year was my second time brewing. I made 3 five gallon batches using barley I malted myself and hops that I grew. I'm doing it all from scratch using unfiltered well water. I might try water from the creek or I'll distill the well water next time, but it was totally drinkable using the well water.

I'm working up my own recipes for ales and lagers, I prefer IPAs and brewed a really good pale IPA two seasons ago. I have it down well enough and will do better with every harvest season, but if you want to share brewing tips, I'm all ears. I'm working up my brewing techniques using one type of barley and three varieties of hops. I will probably buy a couple of new hops varieties, but the variety of barley and how to properly malt it is a main factor in body and taste. Growing all the ingredients myself, I know how many hop bines I'll need for a certain number of batches using the recipes I have developed. The barley grew great last season, but I fear I may only break even on weight based on what I planted and then harvested.
edit on 2/23/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Love ya! 🍻

You are correct... the insane amount of pseudo-estrogens in an IPA doesn't work well on men.

Currently drinking a 10 point porter that has a coffee front taste and a dark chocolate aftertaste.

Respectfully HITF were we supposed to get anything but IPA. It's what you get used to drinking back in the 70s and even early 80s our convenience stores rarely had any imports and if they did they were expensive as hell. Hell, we lived off cheap-ass Strohs, Red Stripe, Green Rock were decent enough or but occasionally Schlitz LOL it's all we could afford and as teens trying to cop a buzz you took what you could get.

As for home brewing Ive never done it, but some friends have. Sometimes they are decent sometimes they are an acquired taste. Some of you have to look for a place to spit that stuff out.

Love a good Guinness, but every time I had to buy beer and booze for work and trade markets the IPAs always swamp the darker brews. Damn watched rich ass men, chug Miller Lite when we had all kinds of decent free brews available.

edit on p000000292pm026 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Lumenari

Love ya! 🍻

Respectfully HITF were we supposed to get anything but IPA. It's what you get used to drinking back in the 70s and even early 80s our convenience stores rarely had any imports and if they did they were expensive as hell. Hell, we lived off cheap-ass Strohs, Red Stripe, Green Rock were decent enough or but occasionally Schlitz LOL it's all we could afford and as teens trying to cop a buzz you took what you could get.

As for home brewing Ive never done it, but some friends have. Sometimes they are decent sometimes they are an acquired taste. Some of you have to look for a place to spit that stuff out.

Love a good Guinness, but every time I had to buy beer and booze for work and trade markets the IPAs always swamp the darker brews. Damn watched rich ass men, chug Miller Lite when we had all kinds of decent free brews available.

And that's the rub.

Unless you are rich or you make your own you can't really get a decent 8 point beer in the US, much less something better.

So that is why an IPA is the drink of choice now...

Not because it tastes good at all, but because it is (in a gas station) the most potent beer you can buy for $10 a six pack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join