It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and nice to meet you all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hi, I’ve finally signed up. Known about ATS and kept reading the posts since early 2000s.
Always been someone to ask why and question things no matter the person, I believe this is a healthy way we learn.
I’ve spent a lot to time working in mental heath but I’ve always been interested in the conspiracy side of history , can remember getting asked to leave during a history lesson when discussing JFK LOL.
I always had some hope in back of my mind that maybe the years of researching and asking questions could have all really been some conspiracy however since covid , everything seemed to come together.
I hope we can all put our differences aside and remember we’re all human who have different likes but we’re all human.
The differences are what the powers who ever they are want. They want us to hate other countries and people etc. I don’t want to be like that and hope in time the best way to start making change to improve ourselves and humanity is start remembering we the people are not enemies.
We cannot blame those who’ve been conditioned because the psychology is so strong within that , maybe not everyone will wake up. Just like how people will support their religions until they die.
I say hi to all and please never take my questions as being difficult , playing devils advocate is how I like to learn sometimes and see things from different angles.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: G1111B1234

Welcome.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Fine introduction G, may I call you G? Here's hoping you can find threads to join with your thoughtful perspective. May I ask, just what purpose do you think playing the devils advocate serves. That is, do you have any insight into HOW it works in a learning process?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

You may call me G, when you play devils advocate , it makes you look at the other side of the argument , even if you don’t believe it etc but alternately it’ll make you view it from that side. When this happens you may stumble upon new information you might not realised and can supper further your debate or not. I strive to learn and was always brought up to look at both sides of the coin. Keeps perspective and not to get lost in a one sided view. Hope this helps ?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Welcome G.

You may feel like an outsider IRL, here however you are another face in the crowd 👍

Teflon and asbestos undies are available at the cloakroom and interchangeable on a 1 for 1 basis.

Don’t eat DB’s twinkies or he’ll have you for breakfast lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Thank you and nice to feel like a face that isn’t looked upon with disgust.
I’ll take your wise advice lol but must say I’ve never had a Twinkie before.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Oh yes, I see, I have found that process to learning as well. In another post here you will find that a member has suggested you wear asbestos and teflon for protection from the heat that some posts will toss at you. Some here may not be understanding of your devil's advocate style of study. Good luck G.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Thank you. I know everyone will have lots of different ideas etc and know some people will never change but to keep myself in check I remember one little saying.

A Bee will never convince a fly that honey tastes better than Pooh lol.

I enjoy to talk and learn and we can always take something from anything if you know where to look.

Look forward to more conversations.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

A Bee will never convince a fly that honey tastes better than Pooh lol.

This is a new one to me G, thanks. See you around.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Why do people always say Hello I’m thinking of the fire of Hell and O

Do British people say Hello? Hell (O)

I guess HI!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sendmelove1987

lol depends on the person to whether I say hello or hi, in my profession I generally say hello for some strange reason.
Hello is pronounced hell-o

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A belated welcome to ATS and hello from a fellow Brit!
edit on 8-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Thank you for your welcome , I would say there are others at this moment in time that would not be so welcome lol
Nice to know other Brits on here and thank you for open help in previous post.

new topics

top topics

join