It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver makes Clarence Thomas an offer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Clarence Thomas is good and just in your book? That aside, I don't hate him, I don't know him. I'm sure we would enjoy a nice ride in the country together in his motor coach watching the scenery unfold before us, driving though small towns in the mid west, stopping at mom and pop cafes ans such, maybe playing a hand or so of gin or cribbage, just as long as his we could ignore his grafting.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

Not a single person has actually commented on your topic and just immediately started with attacks and deflection.

Yeah, I noticed. It seems that any cover I might once have had as a contributing member here is completely blown. But oh well,.

Back on topic, did you catch Oliver's latest duel with Disney? We know now strongly Disney controls all of their copy-right characters right? Well apparently the original Steamboat Willy version of Mickey Mouse has entered the public domain and Oliver has begun using it, even making a costume of that character and parading it on his show and visiting other shows with the character and DARING Disney to sue him.

Not only is he funny, but he sticks his nose right into the hornets nest.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: network dude

He has consulted with the legal branch there at HBO and they have assured him that neither they or he is breaking any laws by his offer to Thomas.

Oh Terry, you make me smile. I was referring to Thomas. If he did anything illegal, arrest him. Clarence Thomas. He's a SCOTUS judge.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The answer of course is that you're a communist

You had me breaking out in laughter with this one Mr. Burn. Everything you don't like to hear is commies commies commies.

I object to your sexual comments concerning another member who has offered a post in this thread. I have tried numerous times to have discussion with you in these forums but to no avail. That comment about puffing peter is the cement on the grave of further discussion with you.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So what if he did something illegal or not. His life is in the public domain and as free people, we can do with that public image as we please.
Comes with the territory.
The R and the D and every person involved has made themselves out to be all equally as stupid.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Relevant:

(3)directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers, or promises anything of value to any person, or offers or promises such person to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent to influence the testimony under oath or affirmation of such first-mentioned person as a witness upon a trial, hearing, or other proceeding, before any court, any committee of either House or both Houses of Congress, or any agency, commission, or officer authorized by the laws of the United States to hear evidence or take testimony, or with intent to influence such person to absent himself therefrom;

18 USC 201

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I notice you are trying to illicit some kind of response with that.
Curious as to your angle with it though?!

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

What was your first clue?

That I bothered to cite, source and post on an open forum?

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well that's the point I guess, he really hasn't done anything illegal according to the points Oliver has made. I don't study this stuff regularly but from his program the point was made that after Fortis, laws were put in place to halt the bribery of the courts but that the Supreme Court was left exempt from those laws so as not to tarnish it's reputation believing that they would be ''self regulating''.

Oliver's case against Thomas is not a prosecutable case but merely a publicity case, bringing to light allegations being made about Thomas's behavior. I say summery because there has been in and out of the news over that last year, stories of how Thomas can be understood to have broken that ''self regulating'' idea wide open. I had glossed over most of them and paid little attention but Oliver's summery was rather explosive so I thought I would bring it here for discussion. I was wrong of course as no one here seems interested in doing that. If you like though you can catch it on you tube if you want, if you can stand his over the top screeching that is.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

All good.
I got all I wanted to know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join