It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is John 14:6 The Most Blatant Example of False Prophecy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ByeByeAmericanPie

Lol, touche

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well if you have not personally experienced the Holy Spirit that was what we have left here for us until the Judgement, then you have not experienced God. It may seem kooky because it is real for those who have and think John the Baptist level of dislike for people who are spirit filled because the rulers of this Earth are not lovers of their God nor their neighbors.

originally posted by: ByeByeAmericanPie
a reply to: Justoneman

Like I said, it can be good to believe. Trust, but verify.

But if you can’t verify, after so much time has passed, then it’s time to find a new faith to test, IMO.

After a certain time has passed, continuing to believe in an unprovable faith becomes a malignant tumor, IMO.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What judgment?

What is John the Baptist level dislike?

What is spirit filled?

Who are the rulers of this world?

edit on 20-2-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   

If you think that is true, then wouldn’t the new convenient at the last super be blasphemous?

So, we should go back to endless sacrifice of animals without blemish?

Or just go full blown Aztec / Mayan?

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Who are the rulers of this world?

I would say for the US the leaders that have spent the US into financial oblivion. And want to trump free speech with lawful enforcement of pronouns. While turning a blind eye to the true threat to our live styles, reckless spending and the growing nation debt.
edit on 21-2-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Is John 14:6, Just Wrong, specifically the sentiments, “I’m you’re only path to God,” which Jesus tells his followers?

That's not what Jesus said.

John 14:6 - Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

No. John 14:6 isn't wrong.
There is some truth in most of the religions on the planet.
But Christianity is the only way to 'God the Father'.
It's an accurate statement.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The sentiments I find offensive are Jesus playing God, or Jesus being God’s gatekeeper..

Why? That's what the bible says. Jesus is God. God the Son.
Have you ever read the bible? That's the whole point -
God becoming man and saving mankind.

Jesus is the Word of God.
John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.“

Jesus is God become incarnate.
John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.“

1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.“

Jesus claims the name that God uses for Himself in the Old Testament - "I Am"
John 8:57-58 “The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!”

Worship belongs to God alone, and Jesus was worshipped as God -
Matthew 28:8-9 “So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.“

The Holy Trinity - God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit -
Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

The apostles called Jesus God
John 20:27-28 “Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

2 Peter 1:1 “Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.“

Titus 2:13 Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

God's own blood was spilled on the cross
Acts 20:28 “Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Jesus said He is one with the Father -
John 10:30 I and the Father are one.”

A couple of BIG ONES -
Colossians 2:9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

Colossians 1:19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell

etc etc etc

edit on 2/21/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   

55 Old Testament Prophecies about Jesus

11/17/2021

FOLLOWING JESUS, JESUS CHRIST, THE BIBLE

www.jesusfilm.org...

55. The Messiah will usher in a new covenant

Prophecy:
“‘The days are coming,’ declares the Lord,
‘when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah’” (Jeremiah 31:31).
Fulfillment:
“This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins” (Matthew 26:28).
Astute observers will recognize the topic of justice coming up again and again in these prophecies. It’s an idea central to the biblical theme. To learn more, check out “24 Informative Bible Verses about Justice.”

I would say God anyways had a plan of salvation through the Christ.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Like I said, the Son of Man is supposed to decipher God’s message and warn Man. The Son of Man is not supposed to play God.

I had delivered this simple message, but truly hard to follow, a couple pages back. Now you have helped to bury it with copy paste cryptic gibberish from the Bible.
edit on 21-2-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The Son of Man is not supposed to play God.

You missed the point. He isn't 'playing God' ... He IS God.
That's the whole point of why He came and the whole belief of Christianity.

copy paste cryptic gibberish from the Bible.

You are talking about Jesus. The only information about Jesus is from the bible. So you are going to get scripture quotes from the bible when you talk about Him. That's the way it is. And none of it was 'cryptic gibberish'. It was straight forward. It all says Jesus is God.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I would say God anyways had a plan of salvation through the Christ. Is that false.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

Well I may never have been born if God and Jesus had been more explicit in their messages.

And I think if Jesus had been more explicit in this message to me, my 4th child never would have been born.

So I won’t argue, that wasn’t a good thing.

But I think Jesus would rather have killed me than confess to his sin. And I think Jesus chose to corrupt the innocent, and kill himself, instead of confessing to his sin.

I think Jesus was an absolutely evil irresponsible man child. I will never forgive him for corrupting the innocent. And good riddance to the great evil psychopath which has been purged from the Earth.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Which has nothing to do with God used prophets to layout a Christ was part of the Godhead.

If you don’t believe in Christ as the representative of God, the final and perfect sacrifice, and the Christ that’s up to you.

But it’s kind of stupid to argue something laid out and listed as God’s plan in the bible.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You still didn’t answer the question…

I would say God anyways had a plan of salvation through the Christ. Is that false.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I’ll word it better

I would say God anyways had a plan of salvation through A Christ as laid out in the Old Testament. Is that false.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yeah .... that's pretty much word salad. Can't follow what you are trying to say.
Except that you have a real boner against Jesus for some reason. That's your choice.
Whatever.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I answered that Jesus is evil, and his words and actions were those of a false prophet.

I don’t know God’s plan.

I only know the key messages which can be found in the first 9 chapters of Genesis, and must be deciphered.

No Man will ever decipher God’s plans over time. Best to not waste any effort trying to see the future.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think you know what I’m saying. If you can’t follow it, that is your problem.

I would say more, but that would be identifying Jesus, which is a violation of the Ts and Cs.

And actually imagining the rotting corpse of Jesus, is certainly a boner killer.
edit on 21-2-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I believe the bible outlines God’s plan of a Christ or
Messiah. And the individual would be part of the Godhead or have the authority to act on the behalf of God.

How is that misinterpreting the bible.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I only know the key messages which can be found in the first 9 chapters of Genesis, and must be deciphered.

So? What about the rest of Genesis and the 38 other books of the Old Testament.

It seems you just picking and choosing what you want to believe is more about you being self serving than any real pursuit of understanding God and seeking his kingdom.

So. Good look seeing God only through the first 9 chapters of Genesis with no effort to really seek being a servant of God.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join