It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

originally posted by: Boomer1947
Nonsense.

The 14th amendment is specific. Disqualification is because of insurrection against the Constitution, not for scandals and not for anything his family may or may not have done. First, Biden would have to have actually taken some actions that would qualify as insurrection against the Constitution and then there would have to be some deliberative body that gathered evidence and considered the case according to normal standards of evidence, etc.

How many times do you have to be told!? This is the FOURTH time I've personally given you the facts and yet you still ignore them. Do you have a problem with reality?

FBI Confirms There Was No Insurrection On January 6th

he doesn't come back to threads to see how his insane ramblings have been dismantled. Just goes on to another thread to spew more garbage.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

What I heard was a Supreme Court that was unanimously terrified of the states' rights implication of this case (LOL), and were looking for any argument that could be used to overturn Colorado's decision.

On the other hand, based on the justices mentioning that Trump was never charged under the Insurrection Act, we can bet that they will not uphold Trump's assertion of "absolute immunity".

Trump will win this case, but lose his immunity case with SCOTUS, in my opinion.

edit on 2420242024k01America/Chicago2024-02-08T12:01:24-06:0012pm2024-02-08T12:01:24-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

On the other hand, based on the justices mentioning that Trump was never charged under the Insurrection Act, we can bet that they will not uphold Trump's assertion of "absolute immunity".

This is what I keep saying, that all of these rulings against him are in part due to something he hasn't been charged nor convicted of. It makes zero sense, other than stacked judges with a grudge going against him, IMO.

It's absolute madness of putting the cart before the horse

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

The interesting thing about this is the fact that Kavanaugh has indicated he believes a former President can be convicted of insurrection. In other words, he doesn't believe they have blanket immunity.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

as a so called lefty (still dont know what exactly it means) my two cents: this court is in session. and apparently the public is allowed to participate (in parts i guess), as in a reasonably healthy democracy. that's great. there would be no such thing in china or russia. in the end, i think the supreme court will overturn colorado, but will only apply this decision to this one case. that would be an understandable decision. as an outsider, i find it strange that the president has so much power that applicable law cannot be applied to him - i find that extremely dangerous.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

..except somebody forgot about due process and genuine evidence. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

Kavanaugh points to fact that Trump has not been convicted of insurrection

Well this fact certainly took a while to be brought up.

Gee Wiz who wood'a thought 😀

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Did anybody cite the fact that The 14th is a Federal Law? And maybe CO can't prosecute a Federal Law as a State? 😃

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
The ruling is going to be against Colorado. It's looking like 7-2. Possibly even 9-0. But this was the expected outcome.

I look forward to reading the hearsay and conjecture in the opinions of the ones favoring CO. 😃

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
a reply to: Boomer1947

..except somebody forgot about due process and genuine evidence. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I Think it was Kagan, that asked Mitchell, Trump's attorney, if he thought Due Process was an issue that had not been met. Mitchell answered that he was not concerned with Due Process here. (I paraphrase).

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Please expand your title to make it easier to find this thread...a week from now...month from now...year from now... etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The best part of this is how blatantly obvious it makes it that the court actions being taken against Trump are entirely political.

The legal "experts" on CNN and other Democrat networks were completely incapable of analyzing this from a legal standpoint. They just told viewers what they hoped happened based on what was best for the Democart party, furthering reinforcing that this is entirely political.

And Trump haters will continue to believe these "experts" on the other cases, even though they just got embarrassed by the Democrat SCOTUS justices proving all their "analyses" wrong, because their brains are completely incapable of recognizing the fact that they're being lied to constantly.

EVERYONE knows this is entirely political to try to help Biden defeat Trump. But polling shows a disturbing number of Democrats approve of the justice department being weaponized against their opponents for political purposes.

You losers are the real threat to democracy. You are openly opposing democracy.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

The suit was brought by Republicans.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Democrats have some never-Trump allies in the Republican party?

Oh wow, big news!

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You misspelled "RINO's".

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

5 bucks says the left will riot if the Court rules in Trump's favor, also, they will stack the court now.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

You do realize it's possible to be a Republican without worshipping Trump, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You do realize it's possible to be a Republican without worshipping Trump, right?

I would think from the start of Russian Trump Collusion libs would see how democrats are trampling on due process and the constitution?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

For once, we agree.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

you do realize it's possible to support Trump over Biden, and not worship him? Didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join