It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello fellow questioners of everything!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hello folks. Cdf21882 here and I guess I'll tell you all a little bit about myself.

I have always been fascinated with the world of the weird and strange. I can credit shows like Unsolved Mysteries and Sightings for this. As a kid, I read every book on ghosts, UFOs, and strange phenomena that I could get my hands on, and as I got older, conspiracies became another topic of interest for me. I know the motto for ATS is "Deny Ignorance," but I have a motto of my own: "Believe nothing. Question everything. Seek the truth." This way of thinking has at times gotten me in trouble, but I still stand by it.

I know things are going on in this world that are being hidden from us. My years in the military were enough confirmation of that. I am proud of my service, but there is no denying that it is a standard operating procedure that everything is on a need-to-know basis, and the general public is the lowest rung on that ladder.

Besides that, I've had experiences of my own that cannot be explained by the narrative. Twice I've seen strange lights in the night sky that defy explanation. I've witnessed something happen that could only be explained as a ghostly phenomena. And, in the last few years, I've seen what could possibly be a cryptid several times around the area where I live.

All this to say I am not buying it, and the last five or so years have shown, me anyway, that everything is questionable. Otherwise, I'm glad to be here and look forward to meeting like-minded people and having many interesting discussions.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cdf21882

Hello Cdf21882,

It's great to meet someone with such a keen interest in the mysterious and the unknown. Your journey through the realms of ghosts, UFOs, and cryptids sounds truly fascinating. It's understandable how your motto of "Believe nothing. Question everything. Seek the truth." has guided you through these explorations, even if it occasionally leads to trouble. Your perspective, shaped by both your curiosity and your experiences in the military, adds depth to our understanding of the world around us.

Your firsthand encounters with unexplained phenomena, from strange lights in the sky to ghostly sightings and possible cryptid encounters, further emphasize the enigmatic nature of our reality. It's these personal experiences that often fuel our desire to delve deeper into the mysteries that surround us.

In a world where secrecy seems to be the norm, maintaining a healthy skepticism and a thirst for uncovering the truth is invaluable. Your presence here promises many intriguing discussions and the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals who share your curiosity and thirst for knowledge.

Welcome aboard, and I look forward to engaging in stimulating conversations with you.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Welcome and questioning everything plus research is what some of us do here.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome. I saw your intro post and am glad to see another C2C AM listener. Art was definitely the man, and while I am okay with George, it is obvious his direction with the show is not what Art intended. As to his death, I guess I'm not as familiar with the circumstances surrounding it.

a reply to: anightwatchman

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome.

originally posted by: quintessentone

Welcome and questioning everything plus research is what some of us do here.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Welcome. Glad to have you aboard.
The cryptids topic is fascinating.
IMO, the most interesting ones are the flying creatures like Mothman and the Jersey Devil. I once posted a thread about a cryptid story I'd read; the Vietnam Bird Woman.
It was one of the strangest cryptid stories I've ever heard.

You say you may have seen a cryptid in your area? Can you elaborate?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not sure if I can call it a cryptid. I have seen the canine that people claim is the chupacabra about four times. It didn’t look like a coyote or dog with mange to me. These things are built differently.

As far as flying cryptids, I am very interested in the Mothman.

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

Welcome. Glad to have you aboard.
The cryptids topic is fascinating.
IMO, the most interesting ones are the flying creatures like Mothman and the Jersey Devil. I once posted a thread about a cryptid story I'd read; the Vietnam Bird Woman.
It was one of the strangest cryptid stories I've ever heard.

You say you may have seen a cryptid in your area? Can you elaborate?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cdf21882
Hello folks. Cdf21882 here and I guess I'll tell you all a little bit about myself.

Your starsign is also "LEO" perhaps?

Have fun and welcome.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not sure about that. I am Aquarius as far as the horoscope goes. Thanks for the welcome.

originally posted by: nerbot

Your starsign is also "LEO" perhaps?

Have fun and welcome.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
For some reason or another, I have been accused of being AI after only being on this site for a few hours. Good lord people.

I have always been fascinated with the world of the weird and strange. I can credit shows like Unsolved Mysteries and Sightings for this. As a kid, I read every book on ghosts, UFOs, and strange phenomena that I could get my hands on, and as I got older, conspiracies became another topic of interest for me. I know the motto for ATS is "Deny Ignorance," but I have a motto of my own: "Believe nothing. Question everything. Seek the truth." This way of thinking has at times gotten me in trouble, but I still stand by it.

I know things are going on in this world that are being hidden from us. My years in the military were enough confirmation of that. I am proud of my service, but there is no denying that it is a standard operating procedure that everything is on a need-to-know basis, and the general public is the lowest rung on that ladder.

Besides that, I've had experiences of my own that cannot be explained by the narrative. Twice I've seen strange lights in the night sky that defy explanation. I've witnessed something happen that could only be explained as a ghostly phenomena. And, in the last few years, I've seen what could possibly be a cryptid several times around the area where I live.

All this to say I am not buying it, and the last five or so years have shown, me anyway, that everything is questionable. Otherwise, I'm glad to be here and look forward to meeting like-minded people and having many interesting discussions.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Salutations and Howdy, fellow traveler around SOL!
Love me some old school Coast. Can't stand Connie Willis and her fake laughs and dumb questions, and Noory makes me wanna throw stuff because he never listens and fakes it, and clearly doesn't care. Wish they'd get George Knapp to permanently host, or Ian Punnett at least, but man, Art had SO MANY classic episodes, even with Midnight in the Desert, as short a time as it was on the air, at least we have an extensive back catalogue of shows. His voice feels like home.
I lived in Pahrump for a short time and passed him on the street while he was out power walking. He had REALLY LONG ARMS, like, spider-monkey long. Wanted to stop and say hi so bad but thought better of it. The locals kept it a secret when he moved back from Manila, so leaving him alone felt like part of the social contract for being a Pahrumpian. His radio tower was massive though. I used to be able to see it from my back porch!

Ever heard the episode where the Texas lady claimed she had a bigfoot living on the outskirts of her ranch and wandering up by her garage at night, and she was leaving pie outside for it?

Anyway,
welcome to Weirdo-World.

- Valeyard -

edit on 10/2/24 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   

May I ask what branch you served in? Pure curiosity.
And what region of Tejas you hail from?
North, South, Middle, West, East?
I wanna know where to go for cryptids.

You might run into some Black Eyed Kids around the DFW, Denton, Waxahachie, Abilene area,
and I can actually personally vouch for that.

And even scarier still, lots of tweekers. They don't even knock! They just sneak into ur garage and start looking for expensive power tools!

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome. I agree with you that George Noory has definitely not helped C2C AM. George Knapp and Richard Syrett would both be great replacements, but sadly Ian Punnett passed away several weeks ago. Art was truly what made that show special, and I feel like he was screwed over once Noory took over. Don't think I ever listened to the show with the Texas Bigfoot lady. I remember one where he talked to a guy in Antarctica.

originally posted by: TheValeyard

Salutations and Howdy, fellow traveler around SOL!
Love me some old school Coast. Can't stand Connie Willis and her fake laughs and dumb questions, and Noory makes me wanna throw stuff because he never listens and fakes it, and clearly doesn't care. Wish they'd get George Knapp to permanently host, or Ian Punnett at least, but man, Art had SO MANY classic episodes, even with Midnight in the Desert, as short a time as it was on the air, at least we have an extensive back catalogue of shows. His voice feels like home.
I lived in Pahrump for a short time and passed him on the street while he was out power walking. He had REALLY LONG ARMS, like, spider-monkey long. Wanted to stop and say hi so bad but thought better of it. The locals kept it a secret when he moved back from Manila, so leaving him alone felt like part of the social contract for being a Pahrumpian. His radio tower was massive though. I used to be able to see it from my back porch!

Ever heard the episode where the Texas lady claimed she had a bigfoot living on the outskirts of her ranch and wandering up by her garage at night, and she was leaving pie outside for it?

Anyway,
welcome to Weirdo-World.

- Valeyard -

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am from North Central Texas and I served in the Air Force. I am very familiar with the Abilene Black Eyed Kids story, but have never seen them myself.

originally posted by: TheValeyard

May I ask what branch you served in? Pure curiosity.
And what region of Tejas you hail from?
North, South, Middle, West, East?
I wanna know where to go for cryptids.

You might run into some Black Eyed Kids around the DFW, Denton, Waxahachie, Abilene area,
and I can actually personally vouch for that.

And even scarier still, lots of tweekers. They don't even knock! They just sneak into ur garage and start looking for expensive power tools!

new topics

top topics

join