It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tisas recall notice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just a heads up for anyone who owns one of these.

tisasusa.com...#:~:text=Tisas%20Safety%20Recall%202024%2D0001&text=Tisas%20USA%20has%20recently%20learned,forward% 20when%20chambering%20a%20round.

SAFETY RECALL NOTICE REGARDING TISAS 1911 PISTOLS

Tisas USA has recently learned of a potential safety issue with certain Tisas USA 1911 pistols. Tisas USA is voluntarily initiating a recall of these pistols to protect the safety of its customers due to the possibility of the hammer following the slide forward when chambering a round. While the chance of this occurring is extremely remote, and we are not aware of any injuries that have occurred because of this condition, Tisas USA is immediately implementing this recall of Tisas USA 1911 pistols.

If your model is listed below do not attempt to load or fire your Tisas USA pistol. Doing so could possibly lead to property damage or severe injury.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

thanks for the heads up. My service 45 is not on the list, but it's a great weapon for what it is. A solid 1911 45. For a small price. No it's not a Kimber, but it's a 1911 just the same. Nice grips and you would have to look close to know it was not a colt.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Nothing wrong with a classic 1911, especially if you give it a little TLC.

My brother in Oregon (a tool and die maker) spent a little time gunsmithing a classic M1911--polished the sear, frame ramp, and barrel ramp, brought the magazine geometry into spec, put a custom trigger spring in it and added some Pachmayr grips. Started winning PPC type matches almost from the git-go, with no previous experience. Loaned it to me for a while and I was immediately able to shoot more accurately and controllably than with a Browning Hi-Power 9mm. Made a believer out of me.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

thanks for the heads up. My service 45 is not on the list, but it's a great weapon for what it is. A solid 1911 45. For a small price. No it's not a Kimber, but it's a 1911 just the same. Nice grips and you would have to look close to know it was not a colt.

I have the Tisas Service 1911 as well, I really like it.
One of my buddies has a Kimber Rapide Scorpius and after shooting my Tisas, he questioned why he spent so much on the Kimber lol

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Like dis?

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yep. Kimber does the extra stuff to make it perfect out of the box. There is a noticeable difference, but the Tisas is a great weapon and even better when you factor in the cost. I'm still a fan of the HK USP in that caliber, but I've had a thing for 1911's since I was a kid. They are timeless.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

$50 worth of grips makes a world of difference in both appearance and comfort.
Without large hands, this is cumbersome, but with the right paws, it's like Goldilocks' gun.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not big .45 fan, but it was funny when CA banned mags over 10 and so everyone went out and bought .45s. I still like my 22 round .40, or my 19x 9mm.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Just a heads up for anyone who owns one of these.

tisasusa.com...#:~:text=Tisas%20Safety%20Recall%202024%2D0001&text=Tisas%20USA%20has%20recently%20learned,forward% 20when%20chambering%20a%20round.

Thank goodness mine wasn't on the list, either. Thanks for the notice.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   

$50 worth of grips makes a world of difference in both appearance and comfort.

Yes indeed. I upgraded the grips on the other .45 I own, but haven't owned the Tisas very long and am still waiting on the new grips to come into the store.

The Tisas .45 I have kind of looks exactly like my profile picture.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
whew!!

I bought mine about a year ago, and its one of my favorite pistols. Way way way cheaper than a Kimber and as far as I am concerned it shoots just as well. Granted i have only shot a Kimber 1911 a couple times, but for the big price difference im good.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Not big .45 fan, but it was funny when CA banned mags over 10 and so everyone went out and bought .45s. I still like my 22 round .40, or my 19x 9mm.

Yeah, I fired one during the Cold War. Barrel was worn, the bullets had interesting trajectories.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Yeah, I fired one during the Cold War. Barrel was worn, the bullets had interesting trajectories.

You know.... I had the same problem with my musket back in the Blackhawk Wars.

top topics

join