It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Navarro sentenced to 4 months in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Full title: Ex-Trump adviser Peter Navarro sentenced to 4 months in prison after defying Jan. 6 subpoena

Former Trump White House trade adviser Peter Navarro on Thursday was sentenced to four months in prison following his conviction in September on two counts of congressional contempt after he defied a subpoena from the former House select committee that probed the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol riot.

Both counts carry mandatory minimum sentences of one month in prison, but prosecutors said in a filing last week that the amount of time "is insufficient to account for, punish, and deter the Defendant's criminal offense," according to ABC News.

Link

There is the new standard.

Will we see it applied equally? Or will it depend on how (D)ifferent one cares to frame it and who they vote for?

We already know the answer to that question.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

When the next wave of investigations start, seeing who thinks they can ignore a subpoena will be quite comical. Hunter had better not be trying more games. I doubt they will offer more than 1 do over.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

2014 - Eric Holder.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wait, you mean Jim Jordan and a few other's day is coming?

They pushed the Hunter Biden subpoena, and he's going to testify behind closed doors. Interesting, he was sitting right there, in the House, and agreed to be put under oath for all to hear his testimony, and yet, Republicans said no.

But they were ready to enforce a subpoena to have him testify behind closed doors. Explain that to me?

Personally, if you get a subpoena, you obey it. Take the fifth or whatever, but you show up.

You and I would be locked up if we disobeyed a subpoena. Once again, there are definitely two justice systems. Not Dem and Republican, but us and those with money and connections. WAKE UP!

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

When the next wave of investigations start, seeing who thinks they can ignore a subpoena will be quite comical. Hunter had better not be trying more games. I doubt they will offer more than 1 do over.

Weak Republican leaders are why Hunter Biden has not been referred to the DOJ for Contempt of Congress.

He was first subpoenaed on November 8, 2023. Between then and now, he has stood up the Congressional Committee 2 times.

Comer/Jordan let him pick the third time, which is now scheduled for February 28th. (Jan 6 committee never allowed so much leeway for testimonies.)

Hunter will likely find a way to stand them up again on Feb 28th.

Can't blame Hunter for taking advantage of weakness in the GOP. I would do the same if I had crimes to keep hidden.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

They pushed the Hunter Biden subpoena, and he's going to testify behind closed doors. Interesting, he was sitting right there, in the House, and agreed to be put under oath for all to hear his testimony, and yet, Republicans said no.

Hunter Biden walked out of the chamber when a member of Congress wanted to question him in open session, like Hunter said he wanted.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But they were ready to enforce a subpoena to have him testify behind closed doors. Explain that to me?

Personally, if you get a subpoena, you obey it. Take the fifth or whatever, but you show up.

You and I would be locked up if we disobeyed a subpoena. Once again, there are definitely two justice systems. Not Dem and Republican, but us and those with money and connections. WAKE UP!

If only the left had control of the DOJ and they were like a lapdog for them, maybe then you could get justice and have Jordan executed.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Been awake for awhile.

So long that I know how we got here and the answer is posted above.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Full title: Ex-Trump adviser Peter Navarro sentenced to 4 months in prison after defying Jan. 6 subpoena

Former Trump White House trade adviser Peter Navarro on Thursday was sentenced to four months in prison following his conviction in September on two counts of congressional contempt after he defied a subpoena from the former House select committee that probed the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol riot.

Both counts carry mandatory minimum sentences of one month in prison, but prosecutors said in a filing last week that the amount of time "is insufficient to account for, punish, and deter the Defendant's criminal offense," according to ABC News.

Link

There is the new standard.

Will we see it applied equally? Or will it depend on how (D)ifferent one cares to frame it and who they vote for?

We already know the answer to that question.

Depends on how (R)ebelious the individual is in the contravention of law and the constitution I guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He will just appeal.

Trump will pardon every single one of the Jan. 6 Patriots.

Let’s find out why they shot my neighbor in the head.

She was a Navy Veteran.

I thought Trump might be the wrong guy this time.

I’m happy to be wrong.

top topics

join