It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS 5-4 rules to allow Federal Government to cut razor wire Texas NG installed at border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: matafuchs

The constitution and federal law take precedence? The constitution says federal law doesn't override state law on this matter.

It did back in 2020 when Trump's Federal Government wanted to build a border wall and a group of local community governments on the California-Mexico border opposed it. The SCOTUS ruled that Trump could go ahead. Which he did, even though it was shown later that the wall did not stop illegal immigration or even slow it down, because it was easily cut through, climbed over, and tunneled under.

The SCOTUS is being consistent. They're not ruling on whether the Federal Government's actions at any particular time or place are wise or foolish. They're ruling that the Federal Government has the Constitutional authority to make those decisions and the States don't.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Whats next.... glass shards in the asphalt roads

beautify America, assign the NG to plant cholla cactus in those border states

see: www.bing.com... DIGCAMQRRhA0gEJMTY3NzJqMGoxqAIAsAIA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=EDGEDB

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

but the odd thing is he isnt trump is polling near 40% with latinos(39% actually)

Well i'm a Latino immigrant that likes trump because all the right people hate him. However I think the wall is the least effective and most costly way to reduce illegal immigration. It would have been better to first make it not cost effective for companies to risk hiring illegals. That would have stopped 90% of them from coming that are looking for jobs and to better their lives. The remaining 10% coming here for terrorism and other illegal activities would be manageable to handle at the borders. Plus the business that got caught hiring illegals could be used to pay for the wall if needed.

Having come from a sh1thole communist-dictator country I can tell you that what Biden and the democrats are doing is nothing short of dictatorship. The censoring of speech, controlled opinions, controlled propaganda, controlled canceling and public shaming those that don't go with the narrative and controlled of the Academia and sciences are all things dictators do. Just like dictators the democrats are doing all those things under the guise of helping society and those that can't defend themselves.

now on to scotus ruling on paper it seems like this is how it was going to go from the start

thats the problem , we are expecting a corrupted system to hold itself accountable. Aint going to happen. Unfortunately ,Trump was a bozo and tried to drain the swamp by stacking his administration with swamp.

A swamp creature can NEVER be converted , because they have to be compromised to begin with before they are ALLOWED to join congress , DOJ, SCOTUS, etc. Kind of the way the mafia made their captains kill someone and filmed it to ensure they never turned against the mob.

Besides the swamp having the goods on them the swamp will literally terminate you if you don't play along with what they tell you or if they feel you are a threat. Ask Vince Foster, epstein , dc madam, seth rich, and the many other suicides.

edit on 56131America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jan 2024 16:56:37 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Woohoo!

The Biden White House requested that agents be allowed to continue cutting the wire, arguing it harms migrants.

Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Amy Coney Barrett joined the court's three liberal justices to rule in favour of the White House request.

None of the judges offered an explanation for their votes.

Does this really require an explanation?

Be of good cheer - Texas will find newer, better ways to hurt the migrants

edit on 1/22/2024 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Woohoo!

The Biden White House requested that agents be allowed to continue cutting the wire, arguing it harms migrants.

Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Amy Coney Barrett joined the court's three liberal justices to rule in favour of the White House request.

None of the judges offered an explanation for their votes.

Does this really require an explanation?

Be of good cheer - Texas will find newer, better ways to hurt the migrants

And everyone leave your front doors open, and make sure you sign up for the "illegal's can come crash on my couch" web site a new NGO is setting up. You are allowing whomever to crash at your place right? Because to not do that, well, I think the word is "hypocrite".

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If we can't do this without gleefully hurting or killing people, then what are we? I realize human life is only meaningful to you if it's American human life

well, I think the word is "hypocrite".

I can't even pretend to be polite about this sh!t anymore. People have abandoned their sense of right and wrong - and use their sense of make believe right and wrong as some kind of an excuse

Are you sure you understand what the word hypocrite means?

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Woohoo!

How many are you housing or are you going to pay extra taxes to support them?Or you just like spending everyone else money and creating problems for others to fix?

I assume you don't live in NYC the epitome of sanctuary cities whose mayor is crying like a biatch because they can't support all the illegals they were virtue signaling for.

there are real consequences and lack of resources to safely handle the influx of illegals for both Americans and even the illegals themselves.
edit on 09131America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jan 2024 17:09:22 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JadedGhost

Tell ya what, I’ll solve your illegal immigration problem instantly.

Firstly, quit attacking all these desperate poor people just trying to make a better life for themselves and start directing your anger at the American citizens who are knowingly hiring them for the cheap labour.

10 years mandatory jail for American citizens who knowingly hire illegal immigrants because their to cheap to pay a proper wage, which most Americans expect… problem solved!

Are drug dealers just unlicensed Pharmacists and get a bad rap, or pedophiles just Minor Attracted people being marginalized by "the man"?

Ok mr Strawman, lol.

Back to the point at hand though, the only way to solve the US illegal immigration issue, is by addressing the US’s addiction to cheap labour… building walls, putting up razor wire and attacking impoverished people just trying to make a better life for themselves doesn’t solve anything, it’s just political pandering to simpletons.

link   
What was the precedents and Constitutional citations? 😀 Or did they decide based on the possibility that the Migrants are already on U.S. Soil? 😃

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Spare me

You think the convenience of barbarity is the answer. I'm afraid I don't have an argument against that that you will understand

You need to direct your anger at Roberts and Ms. Barrett. Maybe they can explain it to you
edit on 1/22/2024 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

You're argument is pretty stupid when you realize that both Clintons and Obama and every other democrat ran their campaigns on securing the border all the way up until 2016.

Then when Trump actually tried he became magically racist.

The Biden regime is clearly in violation of the Constitution and several federal and State laws in this case.

Anyone claiming otherwise is just a filthy commie.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Landmines.

That'll stop them.

Landmines.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Firstly, quit attacking all these desperate poor people just trying to make a better life for themselves and start directing your anger at the American citizens who are knowingly hiring them for the cheap labour.

10 years mandatory jail for American citizens who knowingly hire illegal immigrants because their to cheap to pay a proper wage, which most Americans expect… problem solved!

Are drug dealers just unlicensed Pharmacists and get a bad rap, or pedophiles just Minor Attracted people being marginalized by "the man"?

Ok mr Strawman, lol.

Back to the point at hand though, the only way to solve the US illegal immigration issue, is by addressing the US’s addiction to cheap labour… building walls, putting up razor wire and attacking impoverished people just trying to make a better life for themselves doesn’t solve anything, it’s just political pandering to simpletons.

I do agree that there are many causes and many things that need to be fixed. And the entire issue is a political tool both sides use to generate money/power. But right now, at 6:44 on a Monday night, with a slight chill in the air, we have a problem at the border and it needs to be fixed about 3 years ago. THAT is paramount, and the very next thing can be how do we make the LEGAL process easier and make more sense. I'd much rather people announce they are coming, so folks can prepare. Planning rather than reacting.

I don't know how other American's of any political bent are OK with this. Cartels are getting mega rich, little girls are being raped, and people are dying. If this was fixed, none of that would be the fault of immigration, and much of it wouldn't happen.

Those of you who claim this pushback is for the poor migrants, if you gave a rats ass about them as people, you would want them to stay as far away from the cartel as possible. The opposite of what you are cheering for. If any of that is a lie, show me.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

No. They are not being consistent.

When building a wall you are protecting the border. You can parrot it did not work but Congress and every over Progressive group fought tooth and nail to take it to the SCOTUS.

Here, the Federal Government is removing what is protecting our border.

It is the EXACT opposite.

The Federal government with its ruling is endangering the lives of US Citizens as well as BP and the NG.

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Back to the point at hand though, the only way to solve the US illegal immigration issue, is by addressing the US’s addiction to cheap labour

Why a limey thinks they should have a say about our border I have no idea. Why don't you try coming in that way? If you're female plan on getting raped at least once but probably more. It's such a popular pastime for the smugglers they have created something called "rape trees". You should look into it.

And then shut TF up

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Razor Wire is show the illegals the path to take for the Border Patrol to document the illegal. Yes it's a deterrent that leads to documentation and with the neighboring States sending their National Guard to reinforce the border, will stop many ( Get Aways ).

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you want to be an American, do it legally.

If you don't want to be an American and just use OUR resources, then go away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join