It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less worried about the executive than congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: EndTime

I'm for less laws, period.

Agreed. But, as you yourself have said, it is almost impossible to rescind laws and restrict government, so why not try through reform? We can on achieve legislative reform through an effective congress.

lol

So we ask government to do what government doesn't want to do.

They are our elected officials and representatives, they should, and if they don’t, they should be voted out.

Unfortunately, I believe that the majority of people are too distracted to hold their representatives accountable.

That's cute.

Are you new to American politics?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm for less laws, period.

Agreed. But, as you yourself have said, it is almost impossible to rescind laws and restrict government, so why not try through reform? We can on achieve legislative reform through an effective congress.

lol

So we ask government to do what government doesn't want to do.

They are our elected officials and representatives, they should, and if they don’t, they should be voted out.

Unfortunately, I believe that the majority of people are too distracted to hold their representatives accountable.

That's cute.

Are you new to American politics?

No, but you could say i am an idealist.

You have said you want less laws, but how do you feel about enacting laws or reforms that mitigate or eliminate the effectives of other laws that are too oppressive? Like the surveillance bill I mentioned, do you agree or disagree with it?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No.

Just . . . .no.

What laws need to be passed?

What rights are being violated?

Congress needs to go back to no salary, no benefits and a part-time role in government.

You were born about two centuries too late.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

So you are for bigger government.

K

*shrugs*

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Well according to Fox News and Republicans, I would say BORDER LEGISLATION needs to be passed. How about a budget that goes for more than three weeks?

But of course, Republicans wouldn't have those to bitch about then, would they?

a reply to: DBCowboy

edit on 18-1-2024 by Disgusted123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   

We need to get beyond this partisanship and find more common ground to enact more meaningful policy that will start improving the lives of the American people.

No, we need more partisanship. There is no common ground between Marxist communists and conservatives. One wants to destroy the country and one wants to conserve it along with the constitution it was founded on.

One or the other has to go.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Less worried about the Executive? You should be. That in itself is the power behind the throne. They can make or break a country. They wont break it of course because that's where their pay checks come from. We have the same in the UK, it's called the House of Lords and the civil servants. Like your Executive the very worse part being that they are UN-ELECTED, apart from the President. So the normal man in the street voter cannot get rid of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

Well according to Fox News and Republicans, I would say BORDER LEGISLATION needs to be passed. How about a budget that goes for more than three weeks?

But of course, Republicans wouldn't have those to bitch about then, would they?

a reply to: DBCowboy

OR. . . . .

We could actually just enforce the laws already passed.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

People keep screaming democracy, democracy, democracy when it's obvious at this point, that democracy doesn't provide the best governance. The electors, people that vote, in general, as a whole, are just too stupid to elect competent, honest representation.

We would be better off using a fricking lottery to select our representatives.
edit on 18-1-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

Just draw names out of a hat would be better.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I have some serious concerns about the effectiveness of the 118th Congress. I am even more concerned than the results of the presidential election.

As of todays date, the 118th has enacted all of 34 legislations, potentially the fewest of any congress in recent history if current trends continue.

This has me concerned because important legislation that affect and benefit you or I are not being enacted. This I believe will continue despite who sits in I the executive branch. The democrats and groups within the GOP will most certainly continue to leverage the current and future environment to empower or benefit themselves while the citizenry receives no benefit.

We need to get beyond this partisanship and find more common ground to enact more meaningful policy that will start improving the lives of the American people.

The average number of enacted legislation is about 304 over the last 8 sessions of congress.

Can I get a Hell NO?!

I don't even know how to phrase this nicely, but I'm really going to try because it's going to bug me if I don't, so here it goes......

How in the actual F is a group of hundreds of A-holes sitting around passing legislation that they were bribed to pass..... A........ Good thing? I'm not being facetious, I'm being fa-serious.

That is a massive issue with our country. Hundreds of people sitting around and thinking up new ways to restrict freedoms and liberties, raise taxes and fees, increase debt, "regulate" - more fees and costs for no reason, but by a different name - whatever they can, heighten illegal surveillance, ban more products/activites, etc....... What about any of that, is good?

When is it ever good? Why are you disappointed that they haven't been screwing us as hard as usual? That all just seems..... silly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join