It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk About Vivek (Because No One Wants To)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

The Republic of GOP candidate is the founder of the company named Roivant Sciences, which has made multiple billion-dollar deals for the future of medicine since it's commencement in 2014.

"Democrats and Republicans alike, we tend to be more proud of a country when we’re all making more money in that country. We don’t have to flog ourselves for capitalism. Stop apologizing for capitalism. We should embrace capitalism."

The presidential candidate's drug development company, Roivant Sciences, went public two years ago in 2021, as per STAT News. The stock of Roivant went up by 40% this year and led to Vivek's 10% stake in the company amounting to about $600 million.

Vivek has bought out about $260 million of the money in the form of salary, bonuses, and capital gains to invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum. He has some shares in Rumble and a significant stake in MoonPay, a payment firm for cryptocurrency, as per Forbes.

Vivek also has a law degree from Yale and made over $7 million at the age of 28, seven years after he started his career at a hedge fund called QVT.

According to the New York Times, Roivant Sciences has brought five drugs to market since it was founded in 2014 by Vivek Ramaswamy.

"I developed a number of medicines. The one I’m most proud of is a therapy for kids, 40 of them a year, born with a genetic condition who, without treatment, die by the age of 3."

"The climate change agenda is a hoax… and the reality is the anti-carbon agenda is the wet blanket on our economy."

So where's the problem?

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Some remarks from Candace Owens regarding the incredible 180 reversal of conservative attitudes toward Vivek and some of the attempts to tarnish his character prior to the Iowa caucus.

You can find the full podcast episode here.

edit on 19-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Vivek remarks begin at 5:50

Tim Scott is also there, if anyone cares about that.

edit on 25-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have really enjoyed Vivek and his stances on most things.... a little too much at times. I sometimes wonder if he's a plant because of how much I agree with him. I think if he stays in the game until the 2028 election cycle he has a VERY good chance of getting the nomination and possibly the election. We just need more time to feel him out and see how well aligned his actions and his words are, as well as how consistent he is on his positions.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

What will be left of the US in 2028?

edit on 25-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Vivek seems to be taking aim at pop culture, for reasons unknown he has beef with taylor swift and travis k

Is he being petty, playful or dropping serious hints?

‘I wonder who’s going to win the Super Bowl next month,’ Mr Ramaswamy tweeted. ‘And I wonder if there’s a major presidential endorsement coming from an artificially culturally propped-up couple this fall.’

Mr Ramaswamy’s tweet came as a reply to right-wing figure and Pizzagate promoter Jack Posobiec, who tweeted that he was thinking about ‘when Taylor Swift called out the Soros family in 2019 for buying the rights to her music and then how she came out a super liberal in 2020.’ A private equity firm founded by Mr Soros was one of several companies that owned a stake in the holding company owned by Scooter Braun, who purchased Swift’s masters in 2019.

Contrary to Mr Posobiec’s claim that she ‘came out a super liberal in 2020,’ Ms Swift’s public support for Democrats predates the purchase of her masters. In 2018, she endorsed two Democrats running for office in Tennessee.

www.independent.co.uk...

nypost.com...

Taylor does have a history of influencing young voters in recent months with her instagram platform, which is why Trump needs a man like Ramaswamy to help reach that demographic, young independents especially.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   
One of the biggest debates around the 2024 election is border security, and how badly the Biden administration has dropped the ball. The DNC is very busy this season, finding excuses to avoid actually doing anything constructive and ignoring all the fires in their church of progressive virtues.

Earlier today Vivek updated his Twitter with the following:

Obviously he's correct, it's a legislative smokescreen to avoid doing anything constructive, again, again. This isn't even a question of legislation but how to fix it. If the answer is anything except "big ass wall" then shred it. And just remember, the illegal border crossers aren't asking nicely, neither is Texas.

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Per the latest Twitter updates from Vivek, something strange is going on with Haley's campaign. Everyone knows she can't compete in the GOP primary much less the general election so what devious scheme is the DNC cooking?

And just for lolz, let's include this update which astutely underlines how relevant presidential immunity is.

Personally, qualified immunity of any kind is a farce made to protect the reckless and arrogant misconduct of public servants.

So pull the pin on that grenade, I dare you.

edit on 8-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Assuming the DNC can figure out some harmless and victimless trick for removing Kamala from the equation, Michelle Obama is allegedly the next obvious choice for democrat nominee in the event Biden must be removed for medical reasons.

'And I do think Michelle Obama offers them a convenient path out of that problem, somebody who checks the boxes that they need to have checked per their own ideology, while also selecting an alternative to Biden that they may view as more palatable in a general election...'

'It's looking increasingly like it's not going to be Biden as the nominee. And I think that it should not be shocking to see someone like Michelle Obama take the role of the nomination,'

'I think that coincides within recent months [of] him saying things like, you know, other Democratic nominees could also be successful in the general,' Ramaswamy said. 'So I think that we're seeing a general trend towards what I predicted . . . which is that they would .move Biden out of the way. And I think this is one more step in that direction.'

Las Vegas oddsmakers gave Michelle Obama a better chance of becoming president than many candidates, even though the former First Lady never indicated her intention of running.

Donald Trump received a 5/6 shot, above that of Joe Biden's 15-8, just slightly better than Michelle Obama with 11/1 score - ahead of Nikki Haley, Gavin Newsom, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and Kamala Harris.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Such a hypothetical candidate would represent an inversion of the current progressive model, a strong minority leader with the support of ethnically privileged cisgender barons giving back to disenfranchised voters and atoning for being white and male, symbolized in Gavin Newsom.

This could be the metaphorical parachute if Biden can't land the plane and Kamala is promoted per the 25th amendment. It may not be, but it provokes thought and on a certain level, gut instinct. The kind that makes you cross the street and grip your pepper spray.

edit on 10-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
1 beef I have with Vivek.

He keeps making a blanket statement about firing 75% of civil service employees, ignoring the many jobs out there that are actually doing work.

Some examples:

a Full time reservist... is a civil service employee. (so the men and women that keep the reserve units ready to deploy before the weekend warriors get orders)

Where I work the IT, UDM, Training, Scheduler, CSS, stan eval (1 person each) are civil service doing these time intensive jobs so the war fighters can focus on training for war.

Thats 2 areas I know off the top of my head, if he means gutting civil service in and around DC, or the majority of GS at the VA I am more inclined to agree.

For the record as the IT guy I get paid below the national average for the work I do, in a location that they have a hard time getting people to move to.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I wouldn't call that a beef, more of a misunderstanding or at worst critique of his methods, hardly the same as Afghanistan for example. With that said, your perspective is valid and perhaps needs more research to fully comprehend his commentary. I am doing more research every day.

edit on 26-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join