It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk About Vivek (Because No One Wants To)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
No long winded preamble, you know who Vivek is and if you don't, Google is your friend. He has a website comprehensively summarizing his goals and ideology, and copious videos on YouTube demonstrating his eloquent (polite and factual) relationship with audiences. He's making the rounds in Iowa currently so keep an eye out if you're in that area.

My thoughts:

1. Vivek has a strong understanding of constitution and laws. Trump failed his first term because he got duped by the "experts".

2. Vivek has a better connect with younger generation. As a self-made entrepreneur and author of multiple books, Vivek can inspire more young people as a role-model. Most of the younger generation tends to vote Democratic, he can educate them and inspire them to try a different approach.

3. Vivek is more well-read, well-spoken and intelligent. His approach is more unifying and more relatable to both sides as seen in his podcasts and conflicts with protesters. Other candidates approach are often more crude and divisive, which is not good when we are this close to a civil war.

4. Vivek is self-funded, which allows him to speak on issues like eminent domain, monopolizing and lobbying, censorship, etc. No super PACs required.

5. Vivek is promising to shut down corrupt government agencies. Who else can we expect to deliver on this.

6. Vivek is more energetic (almost 500 events last year, hundreds of virtual summits and podcasts). He has the motivation and enthusiasm to pursue every enemy, reinforce every border, and outwit every antagonist (annoying but not criminal) who wants to undermine our nation.

7. Vivek does not like playing victim, his campaign is based off his gratitude. Affirmative action, humility, transparency and common core values.

8. Trump grew the economy by taking enormous debt (8 trillion) while lowering taxes & interest rates. These measures help the rich more than the poor, resulting in highest Debt/GDP ratio in US history. He cannot repeat these steps in his second term without turning US bankrupt. Vivek's approach is about improving GDP and stabilizing USD without playing with debt/taxes/interest rates.

And so I send it out to you, the viewers and contributors of this forum. IMO Vivek has utterly dominated every televised debate.

I retort, you decide.

Keep it civil everyone.

edit on 10-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I fully believe Vivek is campaigning for Veep. I think he would be a good choice, and as some of his ideas are a bit rough around the edges, I can see him doing a much better job than the current VP.

eta:
and just as Desantis would be a good leader (IMHO) it's not his time yet. He needs more seat time and to learn how his small wars with the woke turn out long term. Vivek is the same, and as VP, he would get both seat time, and recognition in name and deeds over the 4 years, possibly making him the obvious choice in 2028. All just thoughts as it seems it would take some catastrophic event to remove Trump from the top spot.
edit on 10-1-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can see him doing a much better job than the current VP.

You are setting the bar pretty low, anyone with a pulse could do a better job than Cackles.

I’ve seen some people claim Swamy would be classic Deep State material or some such BS.
From what I have seen of him and that’s not much, I don’t think it would be a bad choice for Trump to pick him as VP.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

My concern is that if he doesn't succeed this year, there won't be a "next time" because in 4 years we'll be embroiled in our own cold war right here on US soil.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I can see him doing a much better job than the current VP.

You are setting the bar pretty low, anyone with a pulse could do a better job than Cackles.

I’ve seen some people claim Swamy would be classic Deep State material or some such BS.
From what I have seen of him and that’s not much, I don’t think it would be a bad choice for Trump to pick him as VP.

I can accuse anyone of being a stooge, shill, or other scurrilous label. It's a lazy effort to attack someone's character without the benefit of facts or the inconvenience of defending my comments intelligently.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

in all seriousness, the bar has been set. So the measure of success will be an easy one, which will usher in more leadership that is rooted in sanity, rather than the current crop.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I fully believe Vivek is campaigning for Veep.

Yeah. I agree.

edit on 1/10/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Vivek has a better connect with younger generation.

He's younger but I don't think he connects. I honestly don't think anyone does.

Vivek is more well-read, well-spoken and intelligent.

I don't think he is MORE than the others. His responses on what to do about the Ukraine are pretty naive I thought.

Vivek is promising to shut down corrupt government agencies.

Everyone promises. No one ever delivers.

Vivek is more energetic

Youth has energy. I don't think that is more important than experience though.

Vivek does not like playing victim,

I'm not seeing anyone playing victim who is running. Trump says he's a victim, but I have to give him something on this. He IS being widely attacked.

Vivek's approach is about improving GDP and stabilizing USD without playing with debt/taxes/interest rates.

You have to play with those things to improve the economy. I don't think you can without doing that in some way.

IMO Vivek has utterly dominated every televised debate.

I haven't watched much of them so I can't say.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I have no problem with Vivek.

I'd vote for him.

The issue is, most republicans still want Trump. Most of the MSM want Nikki Haley.

And frankly, Haley scares mee more than a Harris presidency.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

My concern is that if he doesn't succeed this year, there won't be a "next time" because in 4 years we'll be embroiled in our own cold war right here on US soil.

I'm not sure we have the stones to do what it would really take to right this ship. Some of us think we might, but without a whole lot of like minded folks who are willing to do the hard things, it won't fly. We will sit back waiting for Joetatoe's handlers to ban water heaters and outdoor fires, then write a thread about it or something equally as damaging.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

in all seriousness, the bar has been set. So the measure of success will be an easy one, which will usher in more leadership that is rooted in sanity, rather than the current crop.

The bar is set at "anyone but trump" which makes it unnecessarily complicated for a Republican party that has no in-house vision of unity, prosperity and security that can reasonably compete with Vivek.

There's options, even good options, but they keep chasing their tail trying to convince voters to forgive a man whose ship has already sailed. Meanwhile barely anyone here wants to acknowledge Ramaswamy and the breath of fresh air he symbolizes. Hence the topic.

a reply to: DBCowboy

Vivek has already outed Nikki as a deep state asset. Whether she's conscious of her function is a different question.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Viveck's father never became an American citizen, and his mother only did AFTER he was born. Trump is claiming that Nikki Haley is not qualified to run because her parents weren't citizens at the time of her birth, so I guess Vivek isn't either, by that standard! Would Trump choose a person he deems unqualified to run for office as his VP? That would be some high hypocrisy!

edit on 1420242024k50America/Chicago2024-01-10T09:50:14-06:0009am2024-01-10T09:50:14-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: Viveck to Vivek

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Meanwhile barely anyone here wants to acknowledge Ramaswamy and the breath of fresh air he symbolizes. Hence the topic.

Have you seen the polls? If Trump isn't the one the right wants, then someone is doing a horrible job translating that information.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Viveck's father never became an American citizen, and his mother only did AFTER he was born. Trump is claiming that Nikki Haley is not qualified to run because her parents weren't citizens at the time of her birth, so I guess Viveck isn't either, by that standard! Would Trump choose a person he deems unqualified to run for office as his VP? That would be some high hypocrisy!

look on the bright side, if that's what Trump does, you will have something new to complain about. isn't that a win?

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The more I hear from him, the more I like him.

I'd rather have him then Trump, but that's not likely to happen unfortunately.

Vivek knows exactly what needs to be done and explains it in detail how he wold dismantle the administrative State commies. I'd trust him to fill his administration with the right people too. Something Trump failed at routinely.

He also understands that we need drastic spending cuts, like 75%. Let the govt stay shut down.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I response to #2 and #8

2: Vivek wants to raise the voting age to 25.

8: Vivek proposes a 59% inheritance tax.

Interesting stances to take if he wants the youth vote and doesn't want to piss off the establishment.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Viveck's father never became an American citizen, and his mother only did AFTER he was born. Trump is claiming that Nikki Haley is not qualified to run because her parents weren't citizens at the time of her birth, so I guess Viveck isn't either, by that standard! Would Trump choose a person he deems unqualified to run for office as his VP? That would be some high hypocrisy!

look on the bright side, if that's what Trump does, you will have something new to complain about. isn't that a win?

If Trump does what? Not choose Vivek? No complaints here, either way! LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Why you left out completely Viveks stance about Russia/Putin ,and also about Taiwan . Like that he called Ukrainian president nazi , he seem to think so similar about Ukraine as do kremlin ( Kremlin amplifier ) , hardly an independent if wants to spread those anti-Ukraine nazi bs storys with such big passion . What an moron .

#VivekGRamaswamy is spreading Russian propaganda freely in front of American people. Clearly he must be paid by Russia! What a disgusting and immoral moron! @VivekGRamaswamy

Vivek Ramaswamy Wants to Give Putin Whatever He Wants in Ukraine

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
I response to #2 and #8

2: Vivek wants to raise the voting age to 25.

8: Vivek proposes a 59% inheritance tax.

Interesting stances to take if he wants the youth vote and doesn't want to piss off the establishment.

Inheritance tax primarily applies to generational wealth beneficiaries. Who do you think that means?

The age thing is optional but I don't see a downside to 25 and up voting.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Vivek is brilliant he knows the exact talking points to sway the right but I thought the conservative rightwing had a thing against Harvard Lawyers? Is that a problem?

www.reuters.com...
edit on 10-1-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join