It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible escalations in Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   

South Korean Military Forces are reporting a Provocation involving a “Maritime Attack” on Yeonpyeong Island by North Korean Naval Ships, causing the Evacuation Order to be given to Residents on the Island who are now currently in the process of Departing.

Link

Everytime I hear North Korea doing a thing, my eyes automatically roll back into my skull and I'm sure I'm not alone. Yet their saber rattling has been escalating in recent months and with this, it might be worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It appears to be a miscommunication over a South Korean Marine exercise.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm not seeing that but it wouldn't come as a surprise.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but I did see a word of mouth report. If it is, it should be confirmed before long.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I am seeing this:

BREAKING: North Korea fires some 200 artillery shells off its west coast, South Korean military says - Yonhap

Link

ETA:

The South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff have stated that they will Respond with to the launch of North Korean Coastal Artillery earlier today towards the Islands of Baeknyeong and Yeonpyeong, with Live-Fire Artillery Drills off the Western Coast in a “Show of Force”.

Link
edit on 4-1-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I believe John Kerry told them straight up what would happen if they decided to take it a step further than random attacks.
Hell even Trump told little rocket man to cool it.
I hope something never happens that would bring us to that point. But I sure as sh1t am glad to be an American when push comes to blow them the F up!

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It's very confusing right now. There's a lot of conflicting information being released. They're saying now that the 200 shells landed north of the Northern Limit Line. Apparently radio intercepts were made that North Korea would fire on the settlements if South Korea responded with live fire drills.

edit on -21600pmp1120240458 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on -21600pmp1120240458 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm seeing the same confusion.

The shelter order as been 're applied.'

ETA:

SK joint chiefs statement:
twitter.com...

edit on 4-1-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   
South Korea was planning their response at 3pm local.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

I believe John Kerry told them straight up what would happen if they decided to take it a step further than random attacks.
I hope something never happens that would bring us to that point. But I sure as sh1t am glad to be an American when push comes to blow them the F up!

Rocket Man is jealous that his Israel counterpart gets to have so much fun.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

Trump was scrutinized by the msm at the time talking to Kim about that, btw.

Never forget.

edit on 5-1-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I can't believe Kim is so irrational as to start a war.

I wonder if his geriatric generals are telling him 'we are strong' and he believes it and, like Putin, won't be satisfied until he conquers somebody.

his rhetoric is really getting worse. hopefully just trying to take his people's mind off being cold and hungry.

posted on Jan, 5 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This has happened before. Some 20 years or so ago, North Korea fired on a South Korean island.

new topics

top topics

join