It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Putin is part Napoleon, can the war be about something other than Russia or Ukraine?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit2

There is no doubt about the fact that Russia is being punished, so is Ukraine through.

The fact is when this is all over both sides will pretty much have lost an entire generation of people.

Which they will be hard-pushed to replace.

No matter which way it goes Russia has become the European pariah for the coming century.

I don't see that boding well for the nation, short or long-term.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
There is no doubt about the fact that Russia is being punished, so is Ukraine through.

I don't see that boding well for the nation, short or long-term.

The leaders surely realized going in.
edit on 1-1-2024 by Solvedit2 because: clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The leaders surely realized going in.

There was a reason Putin called it a "Special Military Operation".

I think he thought the invasion "farce" into Ukraine would have been welcomed with flower garlands and champagne cocktails Solvedit2.

Which obviously was not the case.

My guess is Putin though he could return the Russian Federation to something reminiscent of the glory days of the likes of the Warsaw Pact.

Which is a pipe dream and just not the way the world turned out to be.

I don't think he listens to his generals much hence the current state of affairs.
edit on 1-1-2024 by andy06shake because: "flour" nope.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Napoleon? No. Dobby the Elf:

www.wizardingworld.com...
edit on 1-1-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Napoleon? No. Dobby the Elf:y

You're just recalling an old news story.

From The Guardian:

A group of Russian lawyers is reportedly planning a law suit against Harry Potter producers Warner Bros over apparent similarities between Russia's president, Vladimir Putin, and CGI-tastic Chamber of Secrets star Dobby the elf.

In a story so strange it has to be true, legal eagles in the continent-spanning nation believe they can proove the bald, floppy-eared, pointy-nosed, bug-eyed creature is based on their beloved leader.

Besides, how does having a CGI character modeled after him disprove what I say?

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Lighten up, buddy?

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If only we could hand Putin a sock and sort out this entire mess that might be nice.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If only we could hand Putin a sock and sort out this entire mess that might be nice.
The Russian people could do something.

If it is a case of madness, be it Napoleonic epigenetics or wanting to take revenge on ethnofascism, They really let themselves down by handing him the reins of power.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

They have been known to rise up before.

Anybody who speaks out against the government line and rhetoric can be jailed for 15 years all the same or sent to the front lines.

I imagine a lot of them simply choose to believe the crap they are told because not doing so can be somewhat detrimental to their continued existence.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm actually related to Napoleon though one of his mistresses. On my mom's side of the family, they are German aristocrats and it seems old Napoleon was playing some hanky panky.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Fact is Ukraine has lost 500k soldiers and is now sending pregnant women and men with down syndrome to the front line.
Is that winning to you?

What trimester... Don't be sexist...

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Think i seem to recall a documentary on the man where he was at some battle or another, and having won the day, and going back to whatever villa was appropriated, when Josephine turned up with her male lover in tow who also required accommodations.

These ""aristocrats"" got up to all sorts or so it appears and thier moral standards apparently somewhat questionable.

Hanky panky all over the shop, and at all angles, i should imagine. LoL
edit on 1-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Democracy is a joke in itself and it doesn't provide us with the rational and competent government we need. Just take a look at all the criminals and morons we have elected to represent us. It's a joke.

As far as i can establish democracy is the best form of government devised by man.

Even if it is still somewhat reminiscent of a prison where we canny see the bars.

What would you replace or supplant democracy with that you imagine would be better?

The real colour of the day is that money talks and the rest simply do the walk.

And freedom and security are but illusory notions at best, nonetheless democracy equates to a form of government in which the power is vested in the hands of the people, either directly or through elected representatives.

It's a system in which citizens have the opportunity to participate in the decision-making processes that affect their lives.

The same cannot be said about a multitude of other systems of rule devised by man.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Right now, with what we have, I think the 17th amendment should be repealed allowing the state legislators to select our Senators to DC. That body was originally designed to represent the individual states in DC, not the citizen. And allow the Senate to elect the Executive. Yes, the means to elect Senators was changed because of certain defects in that system but I think we went from the frying pan into the fire when we changed over to direct elections by citizens. In large, we the citizen, as a whole are just too stupid, gullible, or maybe ignorant, to elect Senators. We would still retain a semblance of control over selecting our president but it would be an indirect approach. If we are dissatisfied, we can more easily replace our state government representation than the corrupt, greedy, deceiving, narcissistic, lying DC bureaucrat entrenched by corporate finance.

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth. There has to be a better way to govern than to allow a stupid, or ignorant populace, to select a competent Senate.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Think i seem to recall a documentary on the man where he was at some battle or another, and having won the day, and going back to whatever villa was appropriated, when Josephine turned up with her male lover in tow who also required accommodations.

These ""aristocrats"" got up to all sorts or so it appears and thier moral standards apparently somewhat questionable.

Hanky panky all over the shop, and at all angles, i should imagine. LoL

I would bet he had a lot of DNA going round, maybe not at the level of Genghis Khan, but I'm sure respectable levels...lol

I lived right next to Château de Malmaison for 3 years. That is where he would put Josephine when he went off to fight his wars. They say the chastise belts were good, but locksmiths were better.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I am related to an Anglo Saxon King 👑 of England.

Perhaps I should claim my birthright and gain the throne?

Are you with me?!!!!

Peasants?

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I am related to an Anglo Saxon King 👑 of England.

Perhaps I should claim my birthright and gain the throne?

Are you with me?!!!!

Peasants?

I say go for it!

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
a reply to: andy06shake
Right now, with what we have, I think the 17th amendment should be repealed allowing the state legislators to select our Senators to DC. That body was originally designed to represent the individual states in DC, not the citizen. And allow the Senate to elect the Executive. Yes, the means to elect Senators was changed because of certain defects in that system but I think we went from the frying pan into the fire when we changed over to direct elections by citizens. In large, we the citizen, as a whole are just too stupid, gullible, or maybe ignorant, to elect Senators. We would still retain a semblance of control over selecting our president but it would be an indirect approach. If we are dissatisfied, we can more easily replace our state government representation than the corrupt, greedy, deceiving, narcissistic, lying DC bureaucrat entrenched by corporate finance.

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth. There has to be a better way to govern than to allow a stupid, or ignorant populace, to select a competent Senate.

So what do you think we would end up with? I don't see any changes to this. I would like a 16-year limit in Congress to rotate the ones that say for 40 years. At least with 16, you are only 1 generation removed, but 40+ years they are thinking in the stone age.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Can I rely on your sword? How many men at arms will you pledge?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join