It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue-Nation has Been Down for About a Week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

edit on Sun Dec 31 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fortrean

pretty sure it will stay just like it is, other than a the new format it hasn't changed at all.
all mods and admin are the same ones who took care of the site before Mrs.G passed.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

pretty sure it will stay just like it is, other than a the new format it hasn't changed at all.
all mods and admin are the same ones who took care of the site before Mrs.G passed.

I don't know the site to be honest but hopefully will come back the same. This site used to be very different sometime ago and it's not the same now unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fortrean

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
Have they posted any recent Earth shaking political exposures lately?

Maybe the censor hackers have their number. ☠️

It's clear some topics are either shadow banned or controlled in terms of what is allowed to be discussed and which direction the conversation will head to. Mainly political conversations about the coming elections, the war in Gaza, and a few other topics.

A good way to control a conversation is to heavily moderate it and at the same time penalise or ban members of the the side or sides that go against the narrative the platform has chosen to follow.

You're talking about Rogue Nation? I don't find that to be the case at all. I've discussed a few things over there that wouldn't fly here.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe3755

It's clear some topics are either shadow banned or controlled in terms of what is allowed to be discussed and which direction the conversation will head to. Mainly political conversations about the coming elections, the war in Gaza, and a few other topics.

A good way to control a conversation is to heavily moderate it and at the same time penalise or ban members of the the side or sides that go against the narrative the platform has chosen to follow.

You're talking about Rogue Nation? I don't find that to be the case at all. I've discussed a few things over there that wouldn't fly here.

I was talking about this site.
I don't know about Rogue Nation.
I know this site and has changed quite a lot over the years. It's now very different to what it was before when we all really liked the way it was managed and run. Now you don't even know who is the owner and the board...

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I know this site and has changed quite a lot over the years. It's now very different to what it was before when we all really liked the way it was managed and run. Now you don't even know who is the owner and the board...

Ah, ok, I misread your post then. My apologies. I agree, I miss the ATS from back in the day.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Ah, ok, I misread your post then. My apologies. I agree, I miss the ATS from back in the day.

It feels like it has been hijacked by unknown forces.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAlternateOpinion

I sincerely hope we can provide an alternative for you and your fellow members until it gets sorted.
You guys were so supportive of us when we needed it, the least we can do is reciprocate the same good will you showed us.

We are after all kindred spirits.

edit on 26/12/23 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Deny Ignorance runs on MyBB and we're fine. Helps to have people that know what they're doing.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I agree, I miss the ATS from back in the day.

Likewise, my friend. It's spirit lives on.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

Aye, that just about covers my gripes with Discord also.

Wonder what will happen here when the server bills come due in the new year.

Considering as far as I'm aware Darko and the Mrs are still rather quiet.

We still dont really know what happened last time ATS went wonky, or if it was a hack/coding error.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Blackmail is a terrible thing to waste. 😀

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck. I posted on Discord about it to ATS members there but got no response, now I'm making a thread here about it.

I started a discord account but I can't figure how to navigate the site.

hope they're back soon.

You look familiar to me. Didn't I meet you at a Steam Punk convention a few years back? You spoke with a Spanish (or was it French?) accent and smelt of elderberries.

'twas my evil twin Skippy. He gets out more than I.
I love steampunk but it's bad for my sinuses.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Hecate666

Your probably going to the old site address? It has a new one that has been up and running for about a year now? PM me if you want the new one?

The new one doesn't work at the moment. Have you tried to access the site?

She knows that. Her comment was for me, who needs the new site address as I am obviously still on the old one.
Doesn't matter if it's up or down, I am happy someone is helping me.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

Aye, that just about covers my gripes with Discord also.

Wonder what will happen here when the server bills come due in the new year.

Considering as far as I'm aware Darko and the Mrs are still rather quiet.

We still dont really know what happened last time ATS went wonky, or if it was a hack/coding error.

I heard that it was like a change in direction for the platform to become more attractive but it didn't seem to work. There are no 'muddy' conversations anymore and the aim was to get rid of the mud or other topics but still you dont know who the boss is. When political conversations and the elections are censored or the war in Gaza and some other topics then the least you can do is to be suspicious. Perhaps the best move is for Elon Musk to take over this platform.
edit on 27-12-2023 by Fortrean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

There are no 'muddy' conversations anymore and the aim was to get rid of the mud or other topics but still you dont know who the boss is.

The Mud hut forum had been dissolved before logon/password scandal materialised.

Perhaps the best move is for Elon Musk to take over this platform.

Can't stand the creep, and if that happened, i don't know whether i would wish to remain.

The man's a plonker of the first order and about as much one of "them" as "they" can be.
edit on 27-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here's the skinny.

The web host of Rogue-Nation abruptly changed the IP address without warning as part of some sort of "infrastructure upgrade". Because of that, the DNS servers don't know what IP address to send requests for RN to. The place that the domain name was bought is also the only place to upgrade the DNS information to point to the new IP address.

Guohua was the site owner, and had apparently the only access to the account to edit the DNS information. Everything else for the site, all the other login information, was shared out among the several admins... except for that account. When Guohua died, that information apparently died with her. So when the web provider changed the IP address, no one has, so far, been able to get into that account to edit the DNS information.

Since the DNS is no longer linking the domain and the IP, the admins cannot even get in to the web host to wrangle the site behind the scenes.

They're still working on it, but in dwindling hope at this point.

So, it wasn't a "hack", unless one considers the web host changing the IP address and breaking the site to be a "hack". Stay tuned for any future developments. They'll make something happen, even if they have to migrate that community to a new domain and start from scratch. Again.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've just had a new idea, one that might preserve the RN site intact, as it is now. It may be a couple more days to get the fix in, but if it goes as I have in mind, it'll be the same old place, just with a new label slapped on to the can. That means the admins won't have to build a new site, and all of the old logins should still work once the URL is updated by the users.

AND, most importantly, all of the old threads, information, and relationships will still be preserved.

It's a fairly simple fix for the mess RN is in, and fairly cheap. I grew up poor, so wearing jeans - or websites - with patches on them ain't nothing new to me. If it works, don't fix it, and if it don't work, fix it as easily as you can while making sure it stays fixed.

Stay tuned.

neno
edit on 2023/12/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join