It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Antisemitism" Weaponization Quandary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A headline caught my eye this morning: Newsweek: Calling for a Ceasefire Is an Antisemitic Demand That Jews Endorse Our Own Genocide | Opinion Story by Hen Mazzig

When dozens of protestors halted traffic on a major Los Angeles highway this week, it was the latest in a string of major public calls for a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas war. The demonstration, led by the notorious anti-Israel group IfNotNow, followed a vote for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas from 153 countries (the U.S. voted against) during an emergency special session of the United Nations General Assembly.
Pressuring Israel, which is on a rescue mission to release its citizens from captivity and bring a group of barbaric death agents to justice, will do nothing to bring peace of mind to humanity or peace to the region.

I am certain that this is clear to many of those calling for a ceasefire. But much like the chant "from the river to the sea," the calls for "a ceasefire" have turned into another thinly veiled euphemism for the destruction of the Jewish state that is meant to fool the American public.

Hen Mazzig is essentially calling IfNotNow, (American Jews organizing our community to end U.S. support for Israel's apartheid system and demand equality, justice, and a thriving future for all Palestinians and Israelis) antisemitic.

Zionism to me is an ideology which plans to make Jews, and Jews alone, the sole legal authority over the lands formerly demarcated as Israel according to the mythical Kingdom of Solomon. This would include portions of the present Kingdom of Jordan. Zionism further claims that that is the one and only means by which Jews can live safely in the World.

I fail to see how that project can be considered as Western post WWII civilisation; post UN Charter; post Geneva Conventions.

I have never since first studying the 1948 formation of the "Jewish State of Israel" in about 2003, been in favor of Zionism. At no time, including the present have I ever hated a Jew for being a Jew. I've never painted swastikas anywhere or vandalized any Jewish property or institutions.

And yet, the U.S. government has been aggressively lobbied to the point of branding me as a hater of Jews merely for not supporting Zionism. See: Defining Antisemitism U.S. State Department "Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor."
See: H.Resolution 894"(4) clearly and firmly states that anti-Zionism is antisemitism; and"

Personally, I support a Jewish State: "the state of being Jewish for those who identify as such, where ever in the World they happen to be". I do not support ethno-religious nationalism either at home in the U.S. or in that foreign Levant country.

I am appalled that I must choose to accept some Jews and not accept others based solely on their opinion about the policies and practices of a foreign country.

======
The notion has been made that the Israel-Hamas War is unlike any other; that the genocide of one or the other are the only options. I dispute that very much.

I compare it to the Vietnam War. France, post war, after Japanese surrender, decided to get its pre-war colony back. Other countries were de-colonizing, like U.S. allowing Philippines independence, 4th of July even.

But not so France. They divided the Vietnam in two, determined to keep the South at least. See the comparison there? Partition. France gave up, U.S. tried to keep the South as a Western ally democracy. Failed.

So what? The U.S. will never give up on Israel, even when Israel crosses the Green Line and violates international norms of not colonizing occupied territory. The U.S. will be complicit in the eventual ethnic cleansing of the West Bank and East Jerusalem. Not cool.

The British plan of making a Jewish homeland was as crap as the French idea of colonial Vietnam. The recognition of Israel's Zionist colonial project as legit by the UN is the rot at the root of the UN Charter, and has corrupted U.S. foreign policy ever since, away from supporting peace and democracy and multiculturalism.

If ethno-religious nationalism is cool for Israel then maybe it's cool for the US too. That is the slippery slope we have made for ourselves.

edit on 17-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My personal thoughts at this time are that I do not really care about the middle east any longer. The boil that is currently the USA is festering, and I think worrying about anything in the middle east is a waste of time and energy. Let them do what they have seemed to do best since the beginning of history.

I find this interesting though, "If ethno-religious nationalism is cool for Israel then maybe it's cool for the US too. That is the slippery slope we have made for ourselves."

But isn't that what the DNC is attempting to create here with its constant diversity madness? I mean get enough ethno-religious differences in the USA and maybe we can be just like the middle east! YAY!

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

How much do you know about Newton? 3rd law, equal and opposite reaction. It applies to much more than just motion.
When it's fashionable to support a terror group and call for the extermination of a nation, what's the opposite of that?

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

How much do you know about Newton? 3rd law, equal and opposite reaction. It applies to much more than just motion.
When it's fashionable to support a terror group and call for the extermination of a nation, what's the opposite of that?

A victim complex?

edit on 17-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
*shrugs*

Noone is asking you or anyone else to support Jews or like Israel.

We get it.

All of ATS gets it now.

There are those that support Israel and there are those that don't.

You're not going to change my mind.

I'm not going to change yours.

This war that the palestinians started will be fought regardless of what you or I post.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

But isn't that what the DNC is attempting to create here with its constant diversity madness? I mean get enough ethno-religious differences in the USA and maybe we can be just like the middle east! YAY!

I did not mention DNC.
I think that the US being a mix of heritages and identities like Buddhist, Hindu, Daoist, Neo-Pagan, Diest, Atheist, none is a pretty good thing with no preference of Hindu rights over others.

The GOP seems rather divided over the issue of Christian Nationalism at the moment. I saw it coming with vocal Jew haters aligning with pro-Israel at any cost people. Will a Christian Nationalist country demand the expulsion of Jews to "your own land that we paid for" ? It would seem consistent.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The US Government is taking my taxes, not asking. I don't mind beefing up security of synagogues and other Jewish American sites in my country. I do mind paying for bombs and tank shells doing Nakba. As far as I know I'm not involuntarily building illegal settlements in the West Bank. The Christians United churches are sending plenty of millions for those projects though. Kushner foundation and such.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You seem to have very little historical understanding of either the USA or Israel. I will give you a hint in Israel's regard. When the Ottoman empire was the dying man of Europe as they liked to say back then, there were many wealthy European Jews who spent alot of money buying up land and buildings in what is now Israel in an attempt to make a Jewish homeland. When they were doing this, the land became worth more money due to the improvements the Jewish land owners were making. Then, muslim and christian semitic people were unable to pay the rent and had to move out of land previously populated by them and more european Jews began to move in. Anyway, that is where you start with this particular problem. If you start anywhere else you are fooling yourself...BTW, the Ottoman land owners gladly sold the land to the Jews. They got wealthy off the sales of them.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Our tax dollars are also going to Russia, Iran, Saudi, Jordan, Qatar, etc.

Seems you forgot to mention that.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
*shrugs*

We get it.

All of ATS gets it now.

There are those that support Israel and there are those that don't.

You're not going to change my mind.

I'm not going to change yours.

This war that the palestinians started will be fought regardless of what you or I post.

I don't support Israel, I support ending every war and gathering our finest from overseas to protect our own border and citizens. If you have to bulldoze Hamas and every hostage or civilian they are using as shields, so be it. Get it done so we Americans can get back to business on home turf before a war starts here in our streets.

edit on 17-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Hope you read my reply in the other thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I did.

“Knocking him down won the first fight. I wanted to win all the next ones, too. So they'd leave me alone.” - Enders Game

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I did.

“Knocking him down won the first fight. I wanted to win all the next ones, too. So they'd leave me alone.”
- Enders Game

I want to steal that.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dust2023

There is a very big difference between people buying property in a place to live and sweeping in behind terrorists like Irgun and Stern Group killing, chasing off, and destroying villages and towns.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Change that to: When it's fashionable to support a terror state that demands the extermination of those denied a state, what is that called?

US majority opinion and stars galore on ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen
a reply to: network dude

Change that to: When it's fashionable to support a terror state that demands the extermination of those denied a state, what is that called?

US majority opinion and stars galore on ATS.

As I've said in a few other threads here, the ME nations have no room to talk. Just as much as the idiots around here are speaking from a position of ignorance of the mess that is the ME. How about that Kurdish homeland? How many countries have stolen Kurdish land? How many atrocities have been committed against the Kurds? Talking about ethnic cleansing and ignoring the offenses those you defend is a tad hypocritical. Then again maybe we should ask the Coptic Egyptians, oh wait....

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

"a pile of rubbish is what is left, I dont need to describe a pile of rubbish they are all the same." Roudolph Bennings 1914 ww1 regarding the destruction of a church.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I was just a REMF during my time mostly.

You'd know war better than most.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

The Kurds didn't have enough friends in Britain and France when the Sykes–Picot Agreement was made to have a special mandate for a future state.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen
a reply to: hangedman13

The Kurds didn't have enough friends in Britain and France when the Sykes–Picot Agreement was made to have a special mandate for a future state.

Well, there was that whole "Holocaust" thing too, that decimated the Jewish population.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join