It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli hostages killed mistakenly in Gaza were holding white flag, official says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Oh I get it.

Israeli's have to be perfect 100% of the time, piss sunshine and rainbows and only use harsh language.

Do you still smell your hubris in your ivory tower?

Or in addition to their 'shoot at everything' they also have orders to 'take no prisoners'?

Have you ever been in war?

Off topic.

Nope.

Very pertinent.

We have people that cringe and have to use safe spaces if a wrong pronoun is used, lecturing the rest of us about war.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Oh I get it.

Israeli's have to be perfect 100% of the time, piss sunshine and rainbows and only use harsh language.

Or in addition to their 'shoot at everything' they also have orders to 'take no prisoners'?

Off topic.

Nope.

Very pertinent.

We have people that cringe and have to use safe spaces if a wrong pronoun is used, lecturing the rest of us about war.

What is pertinent is having a rational discussion about this complex and sensitive topic. If you can't do that without having to challenge or attack everyone then move on.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

Oh I get it.

Nah, you don't. Not even close.

Both side have committed atrocities. I have absolutely no difficulty in seeing that.

Some of us don't have a side or consider this a debate where we have to stick to that side like our lives depend upon it. You seemingly do. I assume it's your programming but don't really care, I simply classify you in my dull pile. But carry on, I think others find you amusing which has the added benefit of saving me time on the sift.

Enlist, serve, then lecture me about war.

Nobody is lecturing you, we are having a discussion and this war is not like all the others.

ALL wars are the same.

To TELL me that this is "different", why?

Tell me, you expert on Israel and war, tell me WHY this is different.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Oh I get it.

Off topic.

Nope.

Very pertinent.

What is pertinent is having a rational discussion about this complex and sensitive topic. If you can't do that without having to challenge or attack everyone then move on.

I challenge your knowledge base.

If it comes from liberal classrooms and safe spaces, maybe you should learn a bit more before responding.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Oh I get it.

Both side have committed atrocities. I have absolutely no difficulty in seeing that.

Some of us don't have a side or consider this a debate where we have to stick to that side like our lives depend upon it. You seemingly do. I assume it's your programming but don't really care, I simply classify you in my dull pile. But carry on, I think others find you amusing which has the added benefit of saving me time on the sift.

Nobody is lecturing you, we are having a discussion and this war is not like all the others.

ALL wars are the same.

Tell me, you expert on Israel and war, tell me WHY this is different.

You would need to educate yourself on their 70 year war, or rather further back to the time of Jesus' time and then go through the complex other worldwide players' political, oil/gas (money), strategic regional war games to even begin a proper discussion.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Thank you.

Maybe I should have served during the wars in the ME, maybe I should have served with IDF troops.

Like that?

DID YOU?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thank you.

Maybe I should have served during the wars in the ME, maybe I should have served with IDF troops.

Like that?

DID YOU?

Maybe's don't make for a good debate.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Thank you.

Like that?

DID YOU?

Pedantic reply is pedantic.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thank you.

Like that?

DID YOU?

A rational reply escapes you.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thank you.

Like that?

DID YOU?

When you post one, I'll let you know.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Thank you.

Like that?

DID YOU?

When you post one, I'll let you know.

Impossible since you can't identify one when you read it.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh I get it.

ALL wars are the same.

Jooz, it’s got Jooz in it.

No Jooz in Yemen and Sudan killing people so that’s not important.

Lots of people hate Jooz and love Ham Ass.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

Oh I get it.

ALL wars are the same.

Jooz, it’s got Jooz in it.

No Jooz in Yemen and Sudan killing people so that’s not important.

Lots of people hate Jooz and love Ham Ass.

Ahhhh, yeah.

Jooz.

Forgot.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh I get it.

Off topic.

Nope.

Very pertinent.

I suppose the failed Ham Ass rockets that rain down on Gaza aren’t pertinent either.

At least we are seeing outrage from this bunch about Jooz getting killed. ATS first.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

Oh I get it.

Off topic.

Nope.

Very pertinent.

I suppose the failed Ham Ass rockets that rain down on Gaza aren’t pertinent either.

At least we are seeing outrage from this bunch about Jooz getting killed. ATS first.

The peaceful innocent palestinians spent yesterday trying to bomb Jerusalem.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I’d laugh my arse of if they hit the al-Aqsa Mosque.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Red mist fanaticism based upon a system of consistently dehumanising the enemy? Anyone have another explanation?

Yeah ... a simple mistake made in a combat situation. Its easy to have happen.

Really? Personal experience?

How many times have you been in combat and have witnessed ANYONE shoot a person holding a white flag?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Those frickin arabs brainwashed by Eyeraniaans were cuttin babies out of alive pregnent mothers wombs and beheading them as about to be massacred mum watched. You wonder why the IDF is a little trigger happy?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: orbhunter

So the only difference between the IDF and HAMAS is that one side wear uniforms? That's what I am learning. A professional soldier should be able to recognise that three half naked men carrying a white flag, aren't a threat, especially after their commander orders a cease fire, even a trained conscript surely.

Plus, I am also learning that it's really convenient having the authority to label your enemies as terrorist organisations. Not saying it's not a justified label, just that it applies equally to Israel's behaviour in the months leading up to 7th October.

I look forward to both sides being held accountable for their actions. Assuming anyone is left standing in Palestine to answer for those crimes, I suppose there will still be the leadership in their office in Qatar though.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
How many times have you been in combat and have witnessed ANYONE shoot a person holding a white flag?

My statement stands ... The soldiers had been in intense combat for months, being shot at constantly, dodging booby traps, and clearing tunnels full of terrorists. They were naturally quick on the trigger in a tunnel known to have terrorists and made a mistake. It wasn't 'dehumanizing' as the OP claims. It was a mistake in war. They happen.
edit on 12/16/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join