It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Multi State Lotteries Rigged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Two winning tickets for the Megamillions Lottery were sold at the SAME convenience store in Encino California. If it wasn't sold to the same person, the odds of two random people picking the same numbers or having a quick pick generate the same numbers on two separate tickets is beyond billions to one. I've said before that something is very fishy with The Powerball lottery and their slowness to reveal winning numbers when the jackpots went over a billion dollars and the number of tickets being purchased was huge. You know they no longer use a lottery machine to generate the winning numbers but rely on a computer to generate them. Both multi state lotteries do this. It would be easy to tabulate the number combinations that have been played and then generate numbers that haven't been played so the jackpot grows or determine numbers that no one has played and then generate them as winners and have agents purchase them with the money then going to whatever purpose it is intended. I'm talking CIA/ Deepstate here getting funds off the books for whatever private use they wish. Read Orwell's 1984 and it had a rigged lottery in it. And we're now in Orwellian times.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Owlwatcher

I have wondered about this. Here in Australia the tattslotto power ball etc, shuts off an hour before the draw, the draws aren’t broadcast anymore.

I have thought that the lotto is rigged, as the operator needs to make a profit, it sometimes takes week, sometimes months for the jackpot to go off.

With algorithms, data manipulation, anonymous winners something is suss.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Years ago here somebody posted a video of lotteries around the world getting drawn and the numbers being called before the ball was even in the tube suckling it up , the presenters of the show were even embarrassed at how rigged it was .

A tax on stupidity is a apt quote for all the people still believing it is honest and fair , When the UK lottery doubled the fee from £ 1 to £2 and added a load of extra numbers to the draw I quit my once a year lucky dip flutter .

I did show many friends how the jackpot had not increased with the doubling of the fee and how few times they pay out any real money over the months .

The scratch cards are as bad , a few shop staff have noticed when a new roll of cards is put out the first few win then nothing , they still sell the cards when the top prize has been won weeks or months before

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

“The scratch cards are as bad , a few shop staff have noticed when a new roll of cards is put out the first few win then nothing , they still sell the cards when the top prize has been won weeks or months before”

I don’t mess with lotto, but if anyone loves to play scratch off I advise to go to their state lottos website and look which prizes have already been won before purchasing anything.
The website will tell you which prizes have already been claimed and could help some not waste time on a scratch off prizes that have already been spoken for.

Other than that I agree the mega lottos are a scam and the odds of winning are astronomically against you.

edit on 14-12-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The untold story of how a gaming geek with a checkered past pulled off the biggest lottery scam in U.S. history

Eddie Tipton was the IT Director for the multi-state lottery. He wrote the software used for choosing numbers. It's an interesting story.
edit on 12/14/2023 by Klassified because: redacted.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Owlwatcher
. . . It would be easy to tabulate the number combinations that have been played and then generate numbers that haven't been played so the jackpot grows or determine numbers that no one has played and then generate them as winners and have agents purchase them with the money then going to whatever purpose it is intended. I'm talking CIA/ Deepstate here getting funds off the books for whatever private use they wish. Read Orwell's 1984 and it had a rigged lottery in it. And we're now in Orwellian times.

I thought that was how they did it except my guess is that there is a set of numbers that rarely get picked and that is where the winning numbers come from. Of course, if they know what numbers have already been picked in a drawing, it would be easy to generate a random number from the remaining numbers. If I were to use AI programs, it would be to work out what numbers are the most likely to be picked based on some of the things you have said. I'm thinking about the parameters right now without knowing how to work with AI, so I'm certain people have already been doing this very thing for a while now.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Quite possible. Saw a documentary a while back in the McDonald's Monopoly Game scam. For like 20+ years, the winners were pre picked by the Mafia. Explains why non of the interviews with the winners looked legit. They always seemed deadpan.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, they use Dominion mottos machines, so.....

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If it involves money.

Somebody is cheating.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

I knew a couple years ago that stopped paying their pension plan and we're putting the money on the lottery instead , mad if you think about it .

When it first started in the UK it was just a Saturday lottery then they got greedy and ruined the fun and started a Wednesday lottery , then they got really greedy and now have lotteries for loads of causes totally ruined it with greed .

I used to have a decent accountant and would treat the lottery ticket as a donation to charity at the time you got a £ 100 pa for charity , the dog and cat were my employees and their food was tax deductible, Pity he drunk himself to death he was worth his weight in gold that guy .

edit on 14/12/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

The information on the UK side vanished years ago for the scratch cards and is no longer online ditto the lottery everything is online with that and it is trust me Bro with the draws which are no longer televised live .

It is the scratch cards that I see massive problems with here , I see people spending crazy money buying cards and the shop staff are powerless to stop them doing it.

There is one woman who goes into my local supermarket near me , she is not played with the full deck of cards if you get my drift and spends hundreds every week on scratchcards and there is a lot lot like her out there , all you have to do is stand near the lottery counter for a while or speak to a few of the staff on who spends what to be shocked .

I am lucky if I have bought 5 scratchcards in my life , 7 years ago I talked a friend who was spending a load of money on them ,to put the money into a jar for one month rather than buy cards , I stopped the MJ for a month in return , He was gobsmacked at what was in that jar at the end of the month .

I stopped playing the lottery in 2002 after the sickener I got one Saturday night , I had the first 5 numbers and was one away with the 6 th number and all I got that week was £ 1005 ----$1300 , I would rather not have won that it sickened me to being so close to winning millions since then I can count on one hand the number of times I have put a lottry ticket on

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have wondered weather slight weight differences in the balls might favor certain numbers,
and weather they use the same set of balls more than once

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I have family who would win $5,000 - $20,000 at different times doing scratch off, but they cannot tell you how much they have lost through out the years to win that amount. Even if it equal out, and they win their money back, it probably makes them spend more trying to win again.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I know people just the same , their weeks wage was gone in sixty seconds in a bookmakers shop , the crazy woman who does the scratch cards at my local supermarket leaves them all sitting on a bench , hundreds of them a day , she was left a load of money in a will but is not mentally capable of looking after it .

Another guy I lived near years ago was spending £ 300 + a day on bandits and lost 3 butcher shops and a nice house .

I am glad it is something I never got into

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We'll buy a powerball ticket if it gets to a billion $$. But otherwise, we don't play. When I go in to get that one ticket, I see poor people (you can tell by how they are dressed), buying LOTS of tickets. That money could have gone for food or clothes, but instead they buy impossible lottery tickets.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Owlwatcher
Two winning tickets for the Megamillions Lottery were sold at the SAME convenience store in Encino California. If it wasn't sold to the same person, the odds of two random people picking the same numbers or having a quick pick generate the same numbers on two separate tickets is beyond billions to one. I've said before that something is very fishy with The Powerball lottery and their slowness to reveal winning numbers when the jackpots went over a billion dollars and the number of tickets being purchased was huge. You know they no longer use a lottery machine to generate the winning numbers but rely on a computer to generate them. Both multi state lotteries do this. It would be easy to tabulate the number combinations that have been played and then generate numbers that haven't been played so the jackpot grows or determine numbers that no one has played and then generate them as winners and have agents purchase them with the money then going to whatever purpose it is intended. I'm talking CIA/ Deepstate here getting funds off the books for whatever private use they wish. Read Orwell's 1984 and it had a rigged lottery in it. And we're now in Orwellian times.

I have been asking the same question for years. How can we trust the various lotteries?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
We'll buy a powerball ticket if it gets to a billion $$. But otherwise, we don't play. When I go in to get that one ticket, I see poor people (you can tell by how they are dressed), buying LOTS of tickets. That money could have gone for food or clothes, but instead they buy impossible lottery tickets.

Lotteries sell false hopes unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: snrRog
Well, they use Dominion mottos machines, so.....

top topics

join