It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Flight of another kind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cocnutcrab883
a reply to: JAGStorm

Can you please answer my question, do you really believe your loads or horsecrap or not? Funny how you bring back words I used made in previous comments to you on other threads (yes I saw what you did there) but you are not addressing my questions. My reading comprehension is actually just fine thanks. You're just trying to cherry-pick to try and make your point. I meant about your postings as a whole being contradictory but you know that. Otherwise, you wouldn't have thrown the backhanded reading comprehension comment in. Why is it when someone challenges you you dance around it and only address things that you think paint you in a good light? How about putting that tough skin you supposedly have to good use
by answering the real questions, or does it bring too many flashbacks of your tough Asian upbringing of being over-criticized?

I don’t think your reading comprehension is good at all, that’s not a backhanded comment, I really mean that. Seems that everyone but you understands my posts.
Again, why don’t you answer if you hate my posts so much, what the heck are you doing here? 🤭

There is NOTHING contradictory to my post.
People move for a million different reasons. If you even read some of my comments I don’t even think this has to do with COLOR. It is about socio economic status.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Can you please answer my question, do you really believe your loads or horsecrap or not? Funny how you bring back words I used made in previous comments to you on other threads (yes I saw what you did there) but you are not addressing my questions. My reading comprehension is actually just fine thanks. You're just trying to cherry-pick to try and make your point. I meant about your postings as a whole being contradictory but you know that. Otherwise, you wouldn't have thrown the backhanded reading comprehension comment in. Why is it when someone challenges you you dance around it and only address things that you think paint you in a good light? How about putting that tough skin you supposedly have to good use
by answering the real questions, or does it bring too many flashbacks of your tough Asian upbringing of being over-criticized?

I don’t think your reading comprehension is good at all, that’s not a backhanded comment, I really mean that. Seems that everyone but you understands my posts.
Again, why don’t you answer if you hate my posts so much, what the heck are you doing here? 🤭

There is NOTHING contradictory to my post.
People move for a million different reasons. If you even read some of my comments I don’t even think this has to do with COLOR. It is about socio economic status.

It's like talking to a brick wall. As far as to what I am doing here, I've been on ATS way longer than you, I belong here just as much as anyone else, same as you. Even if I don't agree or like your posts I can still question them just like anyone else. Sounds like you don't like being challenged as you are just pushing back and resorting to asking why I am here, which seems to be like bullying/childish behavior (you can't sit with us mentality) I'm asking you questions. You don't want to answer as you are dancing around and deflecting again. If you haven't figured out that I meant all your posts/threads are contradictory perhaps maybe your the one with reading comprehension skills. So again do you really believe half the crap your peddling or no? Are you just a bored housewife who likes to complain about black nutcrackers and the price of eggs? How can you claim it's not about race with a thread titled WHITE FLIGHT. It is based on race and not socio-economics just that you are claiming whites are fleeing because Asians are smarter. Wow, my whole world is shaken by that revelation. The Asians are smart, whodathunkit?
edit on 13-12-2023 by cocnutcrab883 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Perfection is a hard road.

Asian American young adults are the only racial group with suicide as their leading cause of death, so why is no one talking about this?

theconversation.com... g-about-this-158030

I can see the way the world is going -- competition for elite jobs is getting more demanding.

Jobs for the less educated are disappearing with technology.

If you are from a demanding culture -- it's only going to get worse.

But that demanding culture is going to supersede all others.

Playtime is over.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cocnutcrab883

Fear of Competition? Research Shows That When Asian Students Move In, White Families Move Out

Title of the article I linked

Just because it talks about race doesn’t mean that’s what it is really about, or that’s what I believe hence the conspiracy.
I’ve talked about it before. Sure they want to sway us this way or that, but I truly believe two things affect success more than any color, family and money, and if you have both you might be unstoppable.

Am I a bored housewife, now that’s funny. Do I sense a little projection? Let me guess you live in a poor dunk town, in a poor dunk place and attack others.

YES you are allowed to comment on posts, but you are the one being a contrarian, asking the value of my posts at the same time stalking them. Seriously it appears you comment more on my posts than any other, care to share why? Who is dancing around question now?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Perfection is a hard road.

Asian American young adults are the only racial group with suicide as their leading cause of death, so why is no one talking about this?

theconversation.com... g-about-this-158030

I can see the way the world is going -- competition for elite jobs is getting more demanding.

Jobs for the less educated are disappearing with technology.

If you are from a demanding culture -- it's only going to get worse.

But that demanding culture is going to supersede all others.

Playtime is over.

Well said, look at Japan and their work culture, is that success?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It's okay, Jag. It's not bad unless white people do it, and you guys aren't white, you're yella!
If you're half white then you can only be half guilty, and nobody's gonna risk a debate with an asian.

I got into a guitar battle with my Japanese-American buddy once, and had to move outta state.

He's about to graduate from performing arts school.

Not even mad though honestly. He's prettier than me, so he looks better on a stage.
Whatever.

It happens in gaming too. If you're in an FPS game and you see Chinese characters in their gamer tag,
you run. I've thought about changing my tags to a Chinese name, but I'm afraid of ancestor wrath.
edit on 13/12/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

If you're half white then you can only be half guilty, and nobody's gonna risk a debate with an asian.

I love being both because it gives quite the perspective!

edit on 13-12-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Nope, I live in a very wealthy community to be honest. But please keep trying to make assumptions about me. I comment on your posts because I can and because you think everyone loves your posts and wisdom and I can't believe someone can be this self-absorbed every time they write something. How can I dance around questions when I have been answering them?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hey Jag,

I fled the other way and married into an Asian family.

Most Asian immigrants are amazing.

Followed the rules to get here, more than happy to share and join in our cultural celebrations, hard working, and high expectations for their kids.

t.me...

On the other hand, there is another form of immigration that is not healthy or beneficial to the host country. The total opposite to what I see in my extended family.

t.me...

Rather than “white flight” from this form, standing their ground and saying “no!” Is in order.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Nope, I live in a very wealthy community to be honest. But please keep trying to make assumptions about me. I comment on your posts because I can and because you think everyone loves your posts and wisdom and I can't believe someone can be this self-absorbed every time they write something. How can I dance around questions when I have been answering them?

A “wealthy” apartment community where peepers are lurking around at ground floor, ok 🤣

Yes I am self absorbed, I love me and my life and my family, and anyone has a problem with that they can bounce.

See that is something my Asian mama taught me early. Don’t worry what people say, let them call you names.
Study, study, study, and you will be their boss someday. Man, she was right.
You don’t have to like my posts but you are freely giving them energy, so keep it coming!

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I love being both because it gives quite the perspective!

I feel ya! That's why I like being half Scottish and half Dutch:
I'm a raging alcoholic and also really good at plugging holes.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I feel ya! That's why I like being half Scottish and half Dutch: I'm a raging alcoholic and also really good at plugging holes.

What a combo, do you yell at yourself, and then not answer?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sometimes, actually, yeah.
Also highly prone to smacking electronic devices when they aren't working right, and breaking them.

Have busted two laptops and a PS4 that way.

Never been that way with people, luckily, but, logically,
if an android ever gets lippy, the hand could be automatic.
Should probably stay away from Sony sex bots TBH.
One minute the thing's not exiting vibrate mode,
the next minute the cops are here.
Scary concept.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Right, because there aren't apartments in wealthy/affluent communities. You can't be serious right? Creepers have no jurisdiction, also it turned out to be someone who knew and was looking for my neighbor, told him to go through the doorwall, he just had the wrong number. Yes it was unsettling to see someone unexpectedly peering in therefore in my mind at the time they were being a creeper, I imagine anyone would feel the same. But let me guess someone having the wrong apartment doesn't happen in wealthy communities either. As someone who has lived in various places from poor to rich big to small you should know this right? Oh wait but your questioning me about it because I disagree with you so I must be a poor right? You have no other way to attack me so you go straight for the childish, you must be jealous/poor. "Look ATS a poor commented on my thread! How dare they!!" For someone who tries to display this aura of good moral character you sure are quick to pass judgements with absolutely no facts. I can't help that you give out plenty of material to work with as you seem to use ATS as almost a personal journal.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

IDK what the argument is about, but I'd love it if someone would get the wrong house with me.
I'd probably get more dates. Can we trade?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Absolutely!
as long as you tell me about all the dates! (Like if they went well, don't need details lol
)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

"Look ATS a poor commented on my thread! How dare they!!" For someone who tries to display this aura of good moral character you sure are quick to pass judgements with absolutely no facts. I can't help that you give out plenty of material to work with as you seem to use ATS as almost a personal journal.

You mean like calling me a bored housewife, or many other assumptions you’ve made about me in several threads?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Guess you’re going to willfully ignore the last sentence there huh? Don’t need to make assumptions when you spell it out for us everyday in your threads. Also technically I never called you a bored housewife, I said I couldn’t tell if you were and then outright asked you.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

"Look ATS a poor commented on my thread! How dare they!!" For someone who tries to display this aura of good moral character you sure are quick to pass judgements with absolutely no facts. I can't help that you give out plenty of material to work with as you seem to use ATS as almost a personal journal.

You mean like calling me a bored housewife, or many other assumptions you’ve made about me in several threads?

Yeah, what's with all the insults?

I'm not seeing any real discussion.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Guess you’re going to willfully ignore the last sentence there huh? Don’t need to make assumptions when you spell it out for us everyday in your threads. Also technically I never called you a bored housewife, I said I couldn’t tell if you were and then outright asked you.

It’s not your first insult, or wrong assumption.

What the heck do you think ATS is? We are on a freaking board to share, write thoughts, reflections, conspiracies and many other topics.
Some people read, some write, and some… well some just criticize. Where do you fit in?

My advice to you, if you don’t like my posts, create your own. It might help with your negativeness.

We will have to agree to disagree on the intent and meaning of this post and the Black Christmas decor post.
There is nothing contradictory to me on either. I’m sharing my opinion on news stories and happenings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join