It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artists Who Put on Phenomenal Shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi friends

I've recently been to a couple of phenomenal shows and thought I'd share the artists with you. Check out KennyHoopla and Genesis Owusu. If either of them are coming to a town near you, I'd suggest you go!!
Do you have any suggestions to add to this thread? What do you think of these two?

KennyHoopla:

Genesis Owusu:

More Genesis:

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I guess I'm old school, but this is what I consider a phenomenal show. Just raw talent. No need for lights or loud amps or jumping around on the state. A man, his guitar and just pure, raw, unbridled artistry.

:
edit on 2023 11 20 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Here's a shocking theory:
They could both be phenomenal shows.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Back in the before time, I really enjoyed Alice Cooper shows. He put a lot into his theatrics, and you could tell be enjoyed that part of it, which translated into a great show.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The most memorable show I ever attended was the Flaming Lips back in the early '00s when they were touring for Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. Great tunes and stage antics for days.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Modest Mouse in the same era, around the time of The Moon and Antarctica.

In the bluegrass sphere, The Punch Brothers completely blow my mind with what they can achieve with acoustic instruments.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   

While Stone Temple Pilots were phenomenal in person in Milwaukee, many years ago, I must say: Lamb of God is fantastic live as well.

I was at this show of theirs at Summerfest last year:

It was awesome

My Chemical Romance puts on a heck of a show, too!

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As far as sheer spectacle goes, Rammstein is my winner.

On the other end of the scale, Myles Kennedy's (Alter Bridge lead singer) solo show was memorable too. Just a man, his guitar and an incredible voice.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for adding some great live music ideas to the thread!! I'd enjoy seeing most of the names mentioned here

Rock on 👩‍🎤

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Radiohead was amazing.

Nightwish was transcendental. (As was their opener Kamelot)

And my personal favorite.

I've never seen Arch Enemy with Alissa, even though she's currently my favorite singer. Saw them with Angela at Ozzfest 2005 and it made me a forever fan. They tour Europe and Japan most. Hard to catch them in The US.

Their new singer is awesome and has amazing stage outfits.

If I have one complaint. She doesn't get to sing enough with Arch Enemy. I swear they are afraid to let her.

Here Patreon solo stuff is amazing though.
edit on 28-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I flagged this long ago!

new topics

top topics

join