It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some sick stuff as California man loses gun permit after defending family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LAPD temporary suspended his license and did not state the full reason why apparently.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Accuracy was woman at Irving Tx. Mall being forced into car in an attempted abduction who was fortunate enough to have had a white hat pull out his .44 and shoot from 100' away dispatching the perpetrator with a head shot back in the 80's.

DA no-billed him declaring it legit. Public opinion heavily supported the white hats actions despite media attempting sway opinion other way.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

I train regularly, I am a good shooter. I am also not a soft target, I swear to god if I opened my door my german shepards would make faster work of the assailants before my pistol at my house. I wont devulge my carry or why but let it be known I am not scared to break your ****ing body with my hands and if I feel like I need to draw down its very serious, If I release the hounds and they don't like you than chances are I probably wont either. (when I said you I did not mean as personally to you) I wouldn't draw unless I was going to kill another person. This man was sloppy he fired 8 shots and hit nothing and went on tv news for sympathy. I wasn't there for sure and there is that but when he drew his pistol and they ran away all states in our country have something to say about that, but he fired shots into who knows where

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I choose to walk with God and not run with the devil. if I draw down I am killing my attacker, no games played I just will if i have too, and I don't want too. The guy even says he doesnt carry often and he doesnt train with his carry pistol at all. troof is if you carry, be good at using it, be steel when making decisions that will end life.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

2 guys with guns, you trapped in a narrow space 2 options open the door and hope you can close it or take shots.

good shoot, if your option is a hurried shot in an ambush situation or put your family at risk you take the shots.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Im defending California but i am going to say he fired multiple wild shots and did not hit either one of his two targets from my understanding. The video did not address this aspect of this situation and I could imagine that this could be something that would be weighed upon someone put in this situation.

I agree he needs classes and go to a range for God's sake. All he did was put holes in the neighbors houses. I can't figure out how he could have missed unless he was intentionally doing it. And that's worse as it leads to bullets flying around without a clear target. I think California may be right on this one if he indeed shot up the neighbors house like I suspect.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Im defending California but i am going to say he fired multiple wild shots and did not hit either one of his two targets from my understanding. The video did not address this aspect of this situation and I could imagine that this could be something that would be weighed upon someone put in this situation.

I agree he needs classes and go to a range for God's sake. All he did was put holes in the neighbors houses. I can't figure out how he could have missed unless he was intentionally doing it. And that's worse as it leads to bullets flying around without a clear target. I think California may be right on this one if he indeed shot up the neighbors house like I suspect.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Commiefornia is just creating their brown shirt army.

first you let them steal and loot, then you let them rob people, next will be an event where these criminals murder innocent people execution style. The innocent is always found guilty of something while the criminals roam free getting away with all of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sendhelp
LAPD temporary suspended his license and did not state the full reason why apparently.

They didn't take his guns I think. They suspended his Concealed Carry, which is a permit... Also, CA is totally wacked, so you have that.

I love their no more than 10 rounds law. People just replaced their 9mm for a 45.
edit on x30Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:54:03 -06002023322America/ChicagoSun, 19 Nov 2023 08:54:03 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

PM4U

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

That's an impressive shot.

Unless there's a brick wall or similar backstop behind the target, I'm not going to even attempt shooting some one from 100ft with a pistol.

I'm comfortable hitting a man sized target accurately from 30 feet, anything further starts to get iffy.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

There are valid points and concerns on both sides of this, however I have to say my thoughts run along these lines too.

As a career "first responder" and veteran the thought of using deadly force carries a special gravitas. I mean, every shot he fired wildly could have killed a neighbor, a person walking or driving by.. you get the picture. Rounds, once fired have a tendency to do amazing things with alarming regularity. The responsibility falls on the shooter to aim and be judicious so as to not cause reckless injury to the nearby innocent.. I also believe he must possess a certain amount of skill with his chosen weapon otherwise he is a different kind of threat to the public at large. Someone mentioned 8 shots and no hits... yikes. It is irresponsible to fire 8 shots in a neighborhood recklessly.

I do not deny or even argue with the right to bear arms in the defense of victims or home and family etc, nor of the citizens responsibility be prepared and capable of resisting tyranny. These things are and should be self evident and protected.

But if I failed to maintain my skills, or failed to maintain my head in a tense and rapidly evolving situation... I would be haunted for the rest of my life if someone else paid for it with their life. When this takes place in a State that is afraid of weapons in the hands of the governed, and considering these not completely invalid points, it.. behooves any gun wielder to be responsible, judicious, and skilled.

The State should not deny Citizens the right to defend against threats when that same State is incapable of carrying out this responsibility on behalf of its' Citizenry. No argument at all. But that word keeps coming around... responsibility...
Own a weapon? Train. Your own loved ones may depend on your training... or suffer for the lack thereof ... I say train because the thinking part of this is paramount. To quote my nagging training department peeps "The body cannot go where the mind has not gone first." Play the what if game everywhere you go at least once .. lay down the foundation for smart action when it is demanded of you.

Best wishes and Peace to all in these troubled days.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join