It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin sacked TASS chief over coverage of Wagner mutiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Link

Russia Today, Sputnik, TASS and similar media is directly linked to the Russian state, they get all their info directly from the government and are supposed to only write and speak about what is allowed and promoted. Well, it seems the TASS general director wasn't loyal enough and covered Prigozhin and his uprising too much, and has paid the price. Nope, surprisingly not via Skyscraper Airlines, he only got fired. For now.

The new TASS director is the former election spokesman for Vladimir Putin. This guy won't stray very far. TASS is now exactly like Russia Today. Only what Putin says.

The Kremlin, which keeps tight control on state and private media, was unhappy with what it saw as an insufficient level of pro-Kremlin coverage by TASS, the Moscow Times reported, citing sources at TASS and in the Russian government. TASS was the first media to publish photos of Wagner fighters on June 24 taking the the city center of Rostov-on-Don and blockading the Southern Military District headquarters, a command center for the war in Ukraine, the newspaper said.

“TASS covered all this in too much detail and promptly. Some kind of insanity has happened to them. They have forgotten that their main task is not to report the news. It’s to create an ideologically correct narrative for the Kremlin,” the Moscow Times quoted an unnamed Russian government official as saying.

Bolding is mine.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

he only got fired. For now.

these are the operative words of the post, i'd say a month to three will be reading how he pulled a

Kamikaze from
The hundredth floor
Swan dive to the street
He couldn't handle
This madness no more

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

well if they are using the American News Media model, are you surprised?

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrothermansSock

well if they are using the American News Media model, are you surprised?

Yeah. This differs from CNN/MSNBC/Fox/NPR/etc. exactly how?

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

One thing I like about Russia, at least they don’t pretend that free speech is a constitutional right
US Americans still think they have access to free speech
That the media and government serve the people

Not unlike my country I might add

top topics

join