It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Space-X can drop a rocket anywhere in the US and no one could stop us" -Elon Musk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I caught this bit while listening to Musk's most recent appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience.

He didn't say it in any kind of threatening context, but it did catch my attention. And this is a conspiracy site, so I wonder if it may be a veiled threat to someone?

You can listen to it here Source

I can't seem to find the timestamp for it again.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Damn, that's two hours long, I can't watch that. Can you help us out?

How did he frame it to make dropping rockets anywhere not threatening? Like, I could do it, of course, but I won't! Trust me! I'm a stable genius! No way I do this thing I'm threatening I could do!

I think with this guy talking to other governments, influencing wars, playing politics and now saying he can drop rockets anywhere in the US... he needs to register as a foreign agent. And he needs to lose all government contracts paid with taxpayer money.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Kind of a wreckless statement. They may not be able to stop a rocket from landing, but I would bet under the Patriot Act, they could cancel his contracts, throw him in jail and take over Space X.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I agree, the way he said it was eyebrow raising. But I think he was trying to say they could land one anywhere if they had to.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The FAA could.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

A few questions.

Does the gov't have the capability to "take over" almost any networked device?

Does the gov't have the authority to "take over" almost any networked device?

Does the gov't have the capacity to "order/ask/suggest" that a private company with the above capabilities or shared capabilities also do the above?

I think the answers to those questions get at what Musk was speaking to.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Really it was meaning we could send it to any facility. Want to launch missiles get a warhead a spent rocket may do some damage but not catastrophic as a bomb or other ordinance. Stop reading into this!

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealbeverage

I'll read into anything I want.

And there's nothing you can do about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

That sounds like a warning, if X can do that, then any country can do the same to the US and nobody will stop it.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't think it means anyone.

I think it's based on their capabilities, and license to operate with the Govt. and our space program's reliance on Space-X.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
How could you stop a rocket, or other space stuff, that is orbiting the planet from dropping out and landing any place? It doesn't matter if it is intentional or accidental, how could anyone stop it once it drops out and starts its descent?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

That's a good point.

I'd bet there's a huge difference in interception response time from something going up and back down, to something just coming down.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
REally???????

"Space-X can drop a rocket anywhere in the US and no one could stop us"

that is bs, he never said that, why do you ppl do this? I had an old account and couldnt login, i had to make a new one just to reply to this bs.

originally posted by: watchitburn
I can't seem to find the timestamp for it again.

because is #ing bs, its at 1:38:42 - 1:38:52 he says "We can drop a rocket anywhere and nobody can stop us"

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IRusso

Thanks for finding it.

But you proved exactly what I said, so I'm confused on what point you think you're proving?

Edit: What do you mean "You people"?
edit on 1-11-2023 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Thanks for finding it.

But you proved exactly what I said, so I'm confused on what point you think you're proving?

(this should be enough gn)

really? do i really need to point out? your title says it as a quote "Space-X can drop a rocket anywhere in the US and no one could stop us -Elon Musk"

He never said that, its bs a quote, you are adding text to an original quote to imply that he meant that he could bomb US( "rocket anywhere in the US"), even though he "could do that", he never said that, hence the bs, u just cant say its the same thing and throw his name there saying its his quote, its yours, not his.
edit on 1-11-2023 by IRusso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Oh no!!!!!

I misremembered the "in the US" part.

But the US is part of anywhere, so I don't think it's the "gotcha" you think it is.

Edit:

Calm down kiddo.
I like Musk, he seems like a fun dude. And while I'm still permanently banned from Twitter, I think he's doing a good job with it.

But his statement is still very suggestive.
edit on 1-11-2023 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I find it strange that people entirely fail to realize any space capable vehicle can in itself be considered a weapon. Not just the ones designed as weapons. Granted, it would not be very effective. More like a plane crash than a bomb going off but still.

Just wait until someone discovers a better spaceship engine. The power of the engine itself is the most powerful weapon a spaceship could carry.

They are equiped with automatic and remote destruct systems to stop them from falling on a populated area though.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

The Govt. classifies the Space-X rockets the same as ICBMs.

That's why they need special registrations and clearances. At least that's the impression I get from Musk's statements.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
SBIRS exists and works. I know people to this day working there.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 04:53 AM
link   

edit on Mon Nov 13 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join