It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 2,000 actors-artists sign open letter calling for ceasefire & accusing Israel of war crimes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

We know that taking hostages and purposely targetting civilians is a war crime.

We have evidence of that.

You have said that the UN is 'gathering' evidence (another word for 'searching'?) of Israeli war crimes.

Why is it so hard. Why not just show the video of Israel beheaded babies and raping women, dragging their bodies thru the streets? Should be easy if any of that happened.

Since you struggle with definitions: WAR has unavoidable civilian casualties. This is a reality and is not a war crime. They are called collateral casualties. As long as the target is military, this is a consequence of war. If the enemy is hiding behind civilians then that is a war crime on their part.

Its pretty simple, until some lefty comes along to complicate it.

Name the Israeli war crime, please?

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

You have said that the UN is 'gathering' evidence (another word for 'searching'?) of Israeli war crimes.

Why is it so hard. Why not just show the video of Israel beheaded babies and raping women, dragging their bodies thru the streets? Should be easy if any of that happened.

Since you struggle with definitions: WAR has unavoidable civilian casualties. This is a reality and is not a war crime. They are called collateral casualties. As long as the target is military, this is a consequence of war. If the enemy is hiding behind civilians then that is a war crime on their part.

They have been already listed by member of the European Parliament Mick Wallace

youtu.be...

Mr Wallace said that when powerful countries fail to show respect for International Law then the less powerful countries pay a very heavy price. Something which is true as the Palestinian death toll has risen to over 3,000 (most of them civilians).

He said, Israel's list of war crimes grow by the minute

1) Complete siege of Gaza
2) Incitement to genocide
3) Collective punishment
4) Forced expulsion
5) Disproportional aerial bombardment of the civilian population
6) Attacks on civilian structures, hospitals, and humanitarian workers

My question is out of the 3,000 civilians killed by the IDF how many of those were Hamas Militants?

Doesn't seem they have killed many of these people but they managed to kill thousands of women and children...
edit on 20-10-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I mean doesn't it stand to reason that if we can assume Hamas has hundreds of miles of useable underground tunnels that's where they are as well as the hostages? Do Israel bombs actually create deep enough craters to destroy underground tunnels?

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Again, they voted hamas in to power, they knew all long what types of people they were before hand, they knew where the rocket trucks were located, they knew when hamas was going to strike and they either cheered for it or didnt care it happened. They could have warned an Israeli service member that they were about to launch a strike and did nothing Therefore, they deserve the misery they are getting. Extreme indifference is a crime here in the states, usually tied to manslaughter charges..

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I don't think those are real war crimes.

And that there were not 500 victims of the hospital mishap, I doubt the 3000 number as well.

edit on 20-10-2023 by MoreCoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Do they think this mysterious public isn't paying any attention? Do they think we actually need these narcissists to celebrity-splain whats going on to us? Do they think we have to have morals directed, established and set for us?

Help push a message? Isn't that called propaganda? How is that a good thing?

Well naturally Hamas and Israel will stop fighting now after 75 years of bombings, because MARK RUFFALO said to cut it out!

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Really, I should care what actors and artists say, really?
I couldn’t care less, in fact, when an actor or artist speaks, I am inclined to do the opposite
Possibly the dumbest reason to accuse anyone of anything, “actors and artists said so”

Mindless following of nobodies to feel better about oneself
This is such a silly thread
So disappointed with ats and people on here now

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Creaky

I couldn’t care less, in fact, when an actor or artist speaks, I am inclined to do the opposite

Then WTF are you doing here, not bumping the opposite?

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creaky

Possibly the dumbest reason to accuse anyone of anything, “actors and artists said so”

Mindless following of nobodies to feel better about oneself
This is such a silly thread
So disappointed with ats and people on here now

So you're trying to dismiss the legitimate voices of thousands of people based on their profession?! That's a terrible argument.

What you need to keep in mind is that there are thousands and thousands of people all over the world who are not Arabs or Jews and want a ceasefire because they are SANE enough to understand what will happen if the war continuous and possibly extended in the region.

In the meantime many recognise that Israel has reacted to war crimes committed by Hamas with war crimes. When I say many I mean from all professions including lawyers and politicians.

www.npr.org...

Human rights expert says Hamas and Israel both committed possible war crimes

edit on 21-10-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorE7
Nothing is more cringe than palestinian terrorist sympathizers.

Jews are also not cool. We can hate them both and be happy they are killing each other. 🍻

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Churches and Hospitals in Gaza and Hotels in Egypt are not military targets. You must be joking if you don't know about Israeli War crimes. You can't be serious.

I think some of you have a sort of Stockholm Syndrome to where you're afraid to criticise your abuser.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   

OK, let's hear your ideas.

Israel was hit with a massive terror attack.

Should they just suck it up, or should they retaliate against the attackers?

Who were the attackers, and where do they live?

Lay out how you think it should have gone down.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTwizzle

originally posted by: InspectorE7
Nothing is more cringe than palestinian terrorist sympathizers.

Jews are also not cool. We can hate them both and be happy they are killing each other. 🍻

Hells yea, and them balckies too. Them chinamen are always doing math and plotting on us.
We don't like their kind round here. Fkn A-rabs, towel heads.

David Duke had it right, amirite.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: networkdude

Could you try to read the #ing piece like a normal person, and actually reply to the content?

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: networkdude

OK, let's hear your ideas.

Israel was hit with a massive terror attack.

Should they just suck it up, or should they retaliate against the attackers?

Who were the attackers, and where do they live?

Lay out how you think it should have gone down.

I can tell you what they shouldn't do. And that's to kill thousands of innocent civilians including women and children, cutting off the power and water supply, and forcibly displacing millions from one place of Gaza to another.

Israel has killed over 3,000 Palestinians. Most of them were innocent civilians and how many Hamas Militants they got?? Nothing much I would say. It was an act of revenge.

War crimes have been answered with war crimes.

www.npr.org...

Human rights expert says Hamas and Israel both committed possible war crimes

The Israeli-Palestinian problem is something they need to solve between them possibly with the assistance of the powerful nations.

This way not only they don't solve the problem but there is a risk the war will be expanded into the region.

Instead of retaliating against the attackers they retaliated against innocent civilians. A 1/3 of those died were children.

By they way these are not just my ideas. See letter above signed by thousands of people. See many more around the globe precisely doing the same thing and condemning the war crimes committed by both sides.
edit on 21-10-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow…over 2000. Who cares.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone2

I mean doesn't it stand to reason that if we can assume Hamas has hundreds of miles of useable underground tunnels that's where they are as well as the hostages? Do Israel bombs actually create deep enough craters to destroy underground tunnels?

Oh yeah sure, tunnels . That’s bs . Can’t the genius mossad find these tunnels ? You would push any narrative .

Sounds like mobile weapons labs in Iraq . All lies . You post bologna, no sources ever .

They should of banned Soros posters like you a long Time ago . You’ve done nothing but push communism since you’ve been here . The jigs up buddy . Hit the road already

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thenails

originally posted by: quintessentone2

Oh yeah sure, tunnels . That’s bs . Can’t the genius mossad find these tunnels ? You would push any narrative .

Sounds like mobile weapons labs in Iraq . All lies . You post bologna, no sources ever .

They should of banned Soros posters like you a long Time ago . You’ve done nothing but push communism since you’ve been here . The jigs up buddy . Hit the road already

Where are your sources of refute? Is that a road you can't find?

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PepperOnion
a reply to: networkdude

Could you try to read the #ing piece like a normal person, and actually reply to the content?

I read it, but it still doesn't lay out what should happen here, only that what's happening is wrong.

War is idiotic no matter who does it. But you don't just let something like this slide. Or do you?

Do you have an opinion or answers, or just trying to play policeman/moderator?

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I care more about your opinion as a random user here than any of the Hollywood ass kissers and coke sniffers.
So their appeal to authority falls flat.

But this is an age old conflict, not some new sudden event. To say it's a complex problem would be like saying "the savior" who keeps spamming here is mildly irritating.

Everyone can point to it and find fault. HAMAS threw the first punch, did some pretty horrific sh!t. So what should happen from there? turn the other cheek? I seriously want to know how and what reaction would be appropriate, and take into account how HAMAS operates, WHERE they operate, and why they operate like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join