It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the Clown World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I completely gave up regular news quite a while back.
I mostly read my news, get it on Social media etc.

Now even that is getting too ridiculous.

The two stories that really made my jaw drop. In California they have created something called an Ebony Alert, for brown/black children instead of Amber Alert…. I really do understand that there is under representation when certain children are missing vs. other children.
Why not fix Amber Alerts instead..? Why separate and segregate even more?

The second crazy story, now I haven’t seen this with my own eyes, but I have read it in more than one place.
Some self checkouts are now asking people if they want to tip… I’m not talking about restaurant self checkout, I’m talking like Walmart!!!!
Who the heck are they tipping? So now they want us to do the work, bag it, scan it etc, and give a random tip? It is in the testing phase and just think, even if 99% of people say no, that 1% could equal millions and millions of dollars…..

This one is kinda out there…

I was reading a new story and a sponsorship for this cologne/perfume came up. I didn’t realize it was cologne at first.
It sounded very similar to one of my all time favorites so I purchased a sample.
I’m not a big perfume person. I’m a super smeller and I can smell “layers” in thing more accurately than others.
So… it is a mens cologne (advertised as a cologne for men)……Here’s the thing.. I think the smells are what men are normally attracted to.
So isn’t it kinda weird they are making a cologne that is to be worn by men, that would attract men.. I guess fantastic for gay men..but wouldn’t it be better for women?
I think there are a lot of things like this under the current that are blurring the gender lines…many don’t realize it. Just like there are subliminal messages, I believe there are subliminal scents… I don’t think many realize how powerful they are.

edit on 12-10-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So isn’t it kinda weird they are making a cologne that is to be worn by men, that would attract men.

Not really. I won't wear a cologne that I don't like. If I don't think it smells good, it doesn't matter if my wife likes it, I just won't wear it.

Would you wear a perfume your husband likes, but you didn't ?

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I was sure that when you could get in trouble for not calling a dude in a dress "her/she", we had reached the peak of Clown World. At this point, I honestly doubt you could shock me.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Not really. I won't wear a cologne that I don't like. If I don't think it smells good, it doesn't matter if my wife likes it, I just won't wear it. Would you wear a perfume your husband likes, but you didn't ?

Some might, but imagine that’s not the issue.
Imagine there are two colognes that smell equally good to you. One has a scent that is more attractive to the majority of women, the other is a scent that is more attractive to the majority of men. Which would you choose?

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Odors are highly potent in affecting various domains of human psychological functioning, ranging from perception and mood to cognitive processes and behavior. Recent studies suggest that odors could be effective even at concentrations below conscious levels. For example, subthreshold ambient ‘sweet’ odors increase pain tolerance [1], while a common detergent perfume changes spontaneous cleaning behavior [2]. Further, results of recent studies suggest that odors can affect judgments of faces at both supra-threshold [3] and subliminal levels [4]. The last two studies are of particular importance as they indicate that odors can be involved in various social judgments, interactions and behavior. Indeed, the widespread use of fragrances in human societies may serve this same purpose.

edit on 12-10-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How about this one?

Dems calling for Biden to grant clemency to a man convicted of murdering 2 FBI agents in cold blood.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I'm going to say this is liberal capitalism at work, I went to school in the 70s and knew a couple of proto gays who asked to try feminine hygiene products as their attraction of boys deeply confused them. later in life I did think the joke about making tampons and pads for men actually works in our society that monetises absolutely everything.

think of it not as blurring lines of sex but an over saturated market looking to tap into the 50% not buying their products..

it's all pure liberal capitalism..

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'd go with what women like of course, but WE pick my colognes on what WE think smells good. I never buy it by myself, but it's a mutual thing. If one likes it but the other doesn't it gets rejected.

Maybe it's a alpha/ego thing. "I'm so hot even straight guys think I smell good".

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
In California they have created something called an Ebony Alert, for brown/black children instead of Amber Alert….

Just wait til the LGBTQ+ crowd get wind of this and demand a 'Rainbow Alert' **rolls eyes

Some self checkouts are now asking people if they want to tip… I’m not talking about restaurant self checkout, I’m talking like Walmart!!!!

Think I would be saying in a loud voice.... "Yeah, here's a tip........ bring back proper bloody checkouts with real humans!!"

I HATE these self checkouts with the bossy (and often stupid) electronic overlord telling you what to do.

link   

Why separate and segregate even more?

That's all politicians, mainly dems, want. Separation and inequality

The second crazy story, now I haven’t seen this with my own eyes, but I have read it in more than one place.
Who the heck are they tipping? So now they want us to do the work, bag it, scan it etc, and give a random tip? It is in the testing phase and just think, even if 99% of people say no, that 1% could equal millions and millions of dollars…..

I have started to see this more and more in all aspects of a "self checkout" world. It is getting to be beyond ridiculous, and if you don't tip, you are the problem.....what a croc of crap.

This one is kinda out there…

I was reading a new story and a sponsorship for this cologne/perfume came up. I didn’t realize it was cologne at first.
It sounded very similar to one of my all time favorites so I purchased a sample.
I’m not a big perfume person. I’m a super smeller and I can smell “layers” in thing more accurately than others.
So… it is a mens cologne (advertised as a cologne for men)……Here’s the thing.. I think the smells are what men are normally attracted to.
So isn’t it kinda weird they are making a cologne that is to be worn by men, that would attract men.. I guess fantastic for gay men..but wouldn’t it be better for women?
I think there are a lot of things like this under the current that are blurring the gender lines…many don’t realize it. Just like there are subliminal messages, I believe there are subliminal scents… I don’t think many realize how powerful they are.

We don't have "gender lines" anymore, we have a society built on lies and deception.

Clown world has been our reality for sometime. Somehow they seem to be able to one up themselves every once in a while.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

Just wait til the LGBTQ+ crowd get wind of this and demand a 'Rainbow Alert' **rolls eyes

Good lord, don't give them any ideas, what have you done!!!

I am sure we are not far from it, or worse

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

How about this one?

Dems calling for Biden to grant clemency to a man convicted of murdering 2 FBI agents in cold blood.

www.foxnews.com...

www.b4uact.org...

Not even close.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Eyyyyyyy! Another super smeller! There’s another reason why I like you!

It does suck though quite often. It’s so hard to eat food sometimes even simply because I can taste the slightest hint of something going bad or rancid and it’s ALL I can taste when I try to eat but everyone is saying they haven’t a clue what I am talking about.

I’ll tell one huge secret of mine though…since the day I was born, I have loved my mom’s natural smell more than anything on earth. Like when I am about to part with her, I say, “can I get a smell?” And when I visit mom and dad, I simply hand her my pillow and she has known for 40 years that just means, “switch your pillow out with this so I can recharge it!” Because I never have more peaceful sleep than when I can smell my mama…to this day! Maybe it’s something that I should be ashamed of, but I am not. Any day now I will never be able to smell her again.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Now if they start doing MAP alerts, way easier to find them and rid them of the attractions......

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

they just need some ventilation.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Really? In your world there are male smells and female smells?
One of my favorite peelings has coconut sandalwood, am I smelling like a man attracting women or like a man attracting man or a woman attracting men or a woman attracting women?

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It would be just one more alert for me to ignore.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately that is where i am at too.
My wife saw a skinny kid probably 13 or so walking around in public with a ......full head helmet/mask on.
like this marshmallow looking thing with X's for eyes. totally bizarre.

She was just shocked staring. The kid was trailing behind his mom who was walking as if she wanted to be not seen with him.

i am like 'socially awkward weird probably autistic kid' what a world

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

It does suck though quite often. It’s so hard to eat food sometimes even simply because I can taste the slightest hint of something going bad or rancid and it’s ALL I can taste when I try to eat but everyone is saying they haven’t a clue what I am talking about. I’ll tell one huge secret of mine though…since the day I was born, I have loved my mom’s natural smell more than anything on earth. Like when I am about to part with her, I say, “can I get a smell?” And when I visit mom and dad, I simply hand her my pillow and she has known for 40 years that just means, “switch your pillow out with this so I can recharge it!” Because I never have more peaceful sleep than when I can smell my mama…to this day! Maybe it’s something that I should be ashamed of, but I am not. Any day now I will never be able to smell her again.

Everything you said is 100% the same with me. A lot of people have lost their sense of smell/taste.
When I was pregnant it was magnified 1000X. When I had a medical procedure and couldn’t eat for a week it was magnified 1000x…. You want to know what was the worst. Gatorade, I could taste every chemical.
I can taste when strawberries are sprayed.. some say organic but they are still sprayed sometimes!

I also loved my mama’s scent, very warm and comforting!

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Are you kid shaming right now?
You don't know what is happening maybe he has a head injury?

The kid was trailing behind his mom who was walking as if she wanted to be not seen with him. i am like 'socially awkward weird probably autistic kid' what a world

wtf complete with judgment and everything, hm?

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Really? In your world there are male smells and female smells?
One of my favorite peelings has coconut sandalwood, am I smelling like a man attracting women or like a man attracting man or a woman attracting men or a woman attracting women?

It’s not in my world, it is known and studied.
There are certain fragrances that are more favored by women and there are certain fragrances more favored by men.

This doesn’t mean that there aren’t fragrances that both enjoy. It doesn’t mean there aren’t a few people that don’t like it. Why do you think fragrances are marketed the way they are? Do you think a grown man would wear a baby powdery scent? Do you think most average women would wear old spice?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join