It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ariel Sharon warns of Imminent Civil War in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ariel Sharon warned NBC news today that the tension he sees brewing in Israel is reminiscent of the eve of civil war. Bush met with Ariel Sharon shortly after to discuss possible US intervention in the matter.

news.independent.co.uk
Anxious to maintain the momentum towards an Israeli-Palestinian settlement, President George Bush has pointedly urged Ariel Sharon to halt an expansion of a key Jewish settlement on the West Bank, bitterly opposed by the Palestinians.

Hosting the Israeli Prime Minister at his Texas ranch, Mr Bush backed Mr Sharon's plan to dismantle the 21 Israeli settlements in Gaza. But, in an unmistakeable reference to the Maale Adumim settlement, close to Jerusalem where Israel plans to build 3,650 homes, the President told reporters that he asked Mr Sharon "not to undertake any activity that contravenes the road map or prejudices final status obligations". The summit ­ Mr Sharon's first visit to the President's ranch in Texas ­ came at an especially delicate moment, amid renewed violence in Gaza that threatens a two-month ceasefire, and mounting domestic protest on the Israeli right against the dismantling of settlements there in July and August.

"The tension, the atmosphere [in Israel] looks like the eve of the civil war," Mr Sharon told NBC television before he met Mr Bush. "All my life I was defending Jews, now for the first time I'm taking steps to protect me from Jews," he said.

Bush and Sharon contemplating the issue of Israeli Civil War

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ariel Sharons statement was a proclamation that he has done everything he possibly could promote a settlement, the task was now left in the hands of Mahmoud Abbas to disarm militant organizations.

An Israeli civil war can only mean US involvement in the middle east once again. Mr. Sharon visited the Bush ranch to foretell of these conflicts in hopes that the US will intervene as we have done many times in the past.

Zionist might claim that a civil war in necessary since legislatures of the past decade have surfaced only to be buried by Palestinian/Israeli conflict.

[edit on 4/12/2005 by Simulacra]

[edit on 4/12/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There was an awesome documentary on the subject on PBS Frontline last week. Highly recommend you watch it - available online @

Israel's Next War

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Great find!

If this happens, we'd see a destabilization of the Middle East unlike anything we've seen before, it's quite scary...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wouldn't the destabilization of Israel result in stabilization of the Middle East? I mean if Israel fell to bits due to a civil war. From what alot of people post hear, they believe that the whole of the Arab nation hate Israel. I don't believe that but...anyone else?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If Israel disintergrates (into judah and isreal eh?) then, firstly, the middle east situation would be disasterous, not 'better now that them joos are gone'. Consider what the sides are, the moderates and the ultra-orthodox. If there is a split, then the ultra-orthodox are going to be unfettered by the moderates. If, say, jordan invaded the new state, lets called it 'Zion', then the moderate Israelis would obviously become involved, and that means that the US becomes involved, and that means that everyone gets invovled, rather than the US controlling the situation by controlling the moderates and having them clamp down on the ultra-nationalists/expansionists.

Though its also possible that, rather than a civil split, it just results in civil strife. That would also be a disaster, for basically the same reasons. Also, its doubtful that any of the states that went to war with isreal a few times in the past woudl exercise restraint now that it'd be engage in civil war.

I mean, the whole idea is to avoid more war and in the middle east no? Having the civil society in Israel fall apart is obviously not going ot contribute to region wide stability and peace.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The destablization of Israel will result in the minor destabalization of the USA. Americas ties with Israel have been so stong over the past century that a civil war in the Israel might denote a civil war in the US...Zionist/Anti-Zionist.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No way man, a war in the US between zionist supporters and non zionists? I think that stretches credulity. I agree that the issue of support for israel is a bigger one than people realize, and that there is some polarization on the topic. But americans killing other americans because of a conern over support for Israel?

Granted, if it took the form of the US getting invovled in Israel, and lots of american soldiers dying while fighting arabs and moderate israelis to defend the concept of 'zion', then things might be different. Is that perhaps what you were thinking of?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
im not sure if the US would fall to a minor civil war if Israel does, i really cant see it to be honest, i think you might be looking into things about too much. The ties are strong between the two, the Jewish community in America may raise their voice if Irsael falls apart and the US just looks on.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nygdan

Im assuming that:
1.)After much pressure, the US intervened yet again in the middle east with the Israeli Civil War.
2.)There is an enormous backlash in America
3.)We see Vietnam type casulties and a massive government attempt to supress these statics
4.)Somewhere along the lines, the US Government will lie about the case as to why we are involved in Israel in the first place.

If this happened then I could see violent uprising within America between the people and it's government or in the extreme case, a Civil War.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
not 'better now that them joos are gone'.

I hope that isn't directed at me Nygdan, that is certainly not my feelings.

I do not see, however, that a distabilised Israel would cause as distabilised US. Maybe some businesses would be finacially harmed, but I do not think it would affect the whole US.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
funny, when a powerful leader-who is losing favor because they are dangerous to their own people or no longer represent the will of the masses-is about to be deposed they "predict" civil insurrection, revolution, terrorism, etc.

A self-fulfilled prophecy, when they have their extremist factions cause these problems. Worked for Saddam, works in various Russian states, bet it's gonna work in Israel as well.

Sharon was needed, but that time is past. It's hard for the extremists to let go. On both sides, it seems.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
No............I disagree also, a civil war in Israel will not do anything to us here, our country is too mix into other types of backgrounds.

Yes perhaps some protest and some demonstrations, and who knows even US will have some military personnel monitoring the area as to stop any Arab country from taking advantage but more than that I don't see any else coming our way.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
if this happened

Ah, I see. I was thinking, initially, that things were more or less 'normal' and that you were saying this would happen. Glad to clear it up.

kriz_4
I hope that isn't directed at me Nygdan, that is certainly not my feelings

I don't know you well enough to direct that sort of comment at you, so definitly, no. That 'sentiment' is out there tho.

Phugedaboudet
because they are dangerous to their own people or no longer represent the will of the masses-is about to be deposed they "predict" civil insurrection, revolution, terrorism, etc.

Sharon is certianly not 'dreaming' this up. The people that he is concerned about are the ones who moved into the occupied territories beceause they wanted the drama, they're the ones who assasinated the head of state previously, and they're the ones agitating within israel. Sharon has upset a small militant and extremist minority, not the Israeli People.

marg6043
I disagree also, a civil war in Israel will not do anything to us here, our country is too mix into other types of backgrounds

I think that part of theproblem with the scenario is that there just aren't enough 'zionists' in the US to make-up a good 'them' to organize against. So I don't know about it becoming a struggle between non-zionists and zionists, but perhaps between anti-war and pro-war supporters it can happen, with 'involvment in the favour of the jews' as a trigger.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nygdan

That........... I agree with you, yes some protest against war and pro war, but anything in a bigger scale I can not picture something like that.

The only problem is if the surrounding Arabs country will try to take advantage of the situation if Israel becomes destabilized.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hamas and the Hezbollah have stated every intention to further destabilize Israel even if Israel is in the midst of its own civil war. Just rubbing more salts to an already festering wound.

Unless Iran decides to lob a missile or two at Israel's Dimona nuclear plant in the Negev.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It seems to me if the Palestinians really want the place back in one peice, all they have to do is settle into place and become good, quiet Isrealies and wait another 20 years until they out number the Jews 3 to 1 in Isreal proper, and simply take over. And, converesly if the Jews really do not want to follow the Crusaders into the sea (after all they held onto the area for 200 years before they were evicted and the Jews haven't had it 60 yet), they would annex the west bank outright and grant full and immediate citizenship to all the non-Jewish population, creating a composite state. It is going to happen one way or the other regardless but the pinheads on both sides unfortunately won't let it happen. Too bad we cannot, isolate the biligerents on both sides, arm them to the teeth and lock em into a room together and lock the door.

new topics

top topics

join