It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-joining after a ban?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I think ATS is sometimes more bothered about traffic than why someone would want to keep joining, posting in the same threads, and insulting people the exact same way as there previous identities.
It seems very suspicious.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

In defence of the person banned multiple times he does make a lot of threads on here and made hundreds oof threadss in their previous identities; there's only a handful of members who regularly make threads and I think ATS would be pretty boring without them.

They have a clear agenda but certainly bring in a lot of traffic and ATS needs the revenue to keep running - it's pretty odd though as an old UK member from Cornwall was banned whenever he rejoined.

Still the mods do a good job and can't analyse every post but it's difficult as a poster to have to pretend it's not the exact same person who has been banned several times before.

The member isn't making any attempt to disguise their previous identities such as insulting the same users professions, changing writing style, using a different translator or different catchphrases so I don't understand why we have to pretend it's a different user especially involving threads they made under previous usernames before they were banned.

Still ATS are free to make up the rules - I think DBC hit the nail on the head with just ignoring the person.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I rememer the days of Chat and the silly talk of a member being a shooter in America, after a mass shooting there. I don't think anything ever came of it, but for a person to make so many attemps purely so they can post in the same threads reminds me a bit of Ted Kaczynski and his manifesto.
Why is someone so driven that they need to post about the same subjects over and over, telling members they're wrong and that they're right instead of just having a coversation??
edit on 3-10-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Are we allowed to mention the person was previously banned but not give the actual username or is that against T&C?

No.
ATS does not allow discussing banned members.
Period.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Ok.

Is that in the T&C's?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

originally posted by: bastion
Are we allowed to mention the person was previously banned but not give the actual username or is that against T&C?

No.
ATS does not allow discussing banned members.
Period.

Thanks for the clarifiation - please could this be added to the T&Cs or maybe a sticky/pinned post as it isn't mentioned currently (understand it's an obscure situation and question) and is all a bit super-injunctiony.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Second that!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I can sticky this thread.
Any changes to the T&C are for sometime in the future.

As for the T&C:

24) Right of Community Management. This is a privately owned discussion board community. TAN reserves the right to take action against any member, or member Posting, which is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, represents behavior contrary to community building, or in cases where the content is contrary to the core ideals of the Websites. This action may include removal of your Posting and/or complete banning of your username and IP address. TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites. TAN reserves the right to establish limits on topics that may be discussed if, in their opinion, the discussion of those topics attract an audience that is counterproductive to maintaining the ideals set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

edit on Wed Oct 4 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Is posting style flaunting anything?
Let's say you or I were on extended leave from ATS.
Maybe even posted banned. Maybe even banned.

And a member called ApplePie started posting in what others thought was you or me. Same posting style and all.
But it wasn't you or me and members complained that you or I had come back.....

Boy, that brings back memories. I think you thought I was some guy "SeaSaltFoamFollower" or something.

Fun times, hehe

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join