It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definitely a current issue: Was early Christianity communist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Maybe genuine possessions do happen. I think so, but also,

I dated a woman who had DID (multiple personalities) from being heavily abused, and that can certainly feel like another
entity took over.

Sometimes I wouldn't even have to look at her, and she wouldn't have to say anything. I'd just feel that she'd switched.
It's also pretty much a given that one of the alters is always a psychopath too.
We had an argument once when she was driving us around winding bluffs through the Ozarks, and lemme tell ya, I never learned to shut up so fast, ever.

EDIT: But interestingly, her son was literally a Devil worshipper, who claimed the entity was inside him, and wouldn't enter anyone's home before they invited him in. He lived with her when we got together. So I am honestly on both sides of that debate.

a reply to: pthena

edit on 25-9-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

One point this entire thread is missing: volunteering to give up worldly possessions and do service to others is not communism.

Communism is when you are FORCED to by the overlords.

Funny / not funny, this needs to be pointed out.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Fair enough.

a reply to: CoyoteAngels

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sometimes I wouldn't even have to look at her, and she wouldn't have to say anything. I'd just feel that she'd switched.

Yeah. I had a fiancé. The change would happen when she was talking though. She would even look like a different person.

But I do think it is from psychological and physical abuse.
Wishing her well still.

Edit:

He lived with her when we got together.

He could have been imitating.
edit on 25-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

Actually, I do have a story about a demon running loose in a house if you want to hear it.
edit on 25-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sorry, but this idea isn’t nearly as important or as interesting as you may hope. Communism wasn’t around until far after Jesus Christ. To pretend Christianity was following communism is laughable. The same communism that does not want organized religion. The same Christianity that is a religion, not a structure of governmental taxation and services.

Your whole idea falls flat.

a reply to: Solvedit

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Well I did post that Peter Singer talk on the first page of the thread.

That might count for something?

The guy talking does assume that he is addressing a capitalist society audience.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

One point this entire thread is missing: volunteering to give up worldly possessions and do service to others is not communism.

Communism is when you are FORCED to by the overlords.

and community vs ideology was the other thing missed by 70s Marxists the last time they tried to rewrite history to get them a history longer than the 150 years hence trying to rename the English civil wars the English revolution.

had a few real tankies as teachers back then they never quite understood how they created so many Thatcherites, as messing with history cost them vital support in the long term..

we see the same today if an official can lie about the most basic knowledge of biology then nothing they say is worth listening to as they're using their own feet for target practice..

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You don't have to like it, but if you can't get over it, then you're definitely not a Christian, because the red letters weren't important enough for you to read and comprehend them.

Just curious as to who gave you the authority to judge others? Perhaps you read from a different Bible than the ones I've encountered.....

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Never have been a fan of Singer. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

The perpetrators of the lies don't realize that in the long run, they lose, for this very reason. Truth seems to resonate with its own frequency.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

thats so very true of all ideologue's, book burners and iconoclasts...

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I mean, once upon a time civilization worshipped a pantheon of God's... times change, people will follow new set of rules and laws, etc. There will be another form of peasant revolt to redistribute wealth again one day, it's not just a "communist" thing, I think that's what OP was sort of getting at.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

volunteering to give up worldly possessions and do service to others is not communism

It is if you give everything you own to the very community you've decided to join to do good works with, having faith that the community will take care of you and your family's needs.

Communism is when you are FORCED to by the overlords

Communism is a type of economic model, where the gross product of the group produces enough wealth to carry the community into a future of independence and growth.

For example, the Essenes lived in a communistic community. Since they didn't marry, nobody was born into that community. It depended completely on people donating everything they had to the community and relying on the commune for food, clothing, shelter, spiritual and medical assistance.

But, the Essenes did earn money. They were famous for their honey, their healing methods and their literary talents. Even though every one of them took a vow of poverty, the community was RICH!

Since [they are] despisers of wealth—their communal stock is astonishing—, one cannot find a person among them who has more in terms of possessions. For by a law, those coming into the school must yield up their funds to the order, with the result that in all [their ranks] neither the humiliation of poverty nor the superiority of wealth is detectable, but the assets of each one have been mixed in together, as if they were brothers, to create one fund for all.

www.biblicalarchaeology.org...
edit on 25-9-2023 by Sookiechacha because: spiritual

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

People always revolt when they are miserable, hungry enough.

Correct.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Perhaps there needs to be made a distinction of a community of volunteers, and those that are forced.

Big "C" communism is totalitarian and against everything biblical.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Maybe genuine possessions do happen.

I've witnessed something like that.

I was giving a ride to a guy, call him Cliff, to a preacher's house for a bible study. On the way, Cliff said that he was demon possessed and enjoyed messing with preachers.

During the course of the study, a point of contention arose. Just as I was reading a verse which refuted the preacher's claim, the demon got loose and flew around the table. Not visible, just a silent and silencing scream, as if to block all communication; like a radio jammer.

So the preacher dude banished me from his house, never to return.

When I got home I felt some obligation to warn the preacher about Cliff, so I called him and told him what Cliff had told me. The next time I saw Cliff and the preacher together, they were all buddy buddy, staring daggers at me.

I hypothesize that it's kind of like people who astral project (which I can't do). So Cliff has this demon that can astral project, at will it seems.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Was early Christianity communist?

In the strict definition of communism , which stems from commune , yes.
As we think of communism today ? Hail to the no.

Yeah I believe this is true. Isn't it funny though how evil always takes the name of good things and turns it upside down? Like living together in a community sharing your talents independent of any government ordinances sounds fantastic, but now communism has become synonymous with a government takeover mechanism under the guise of good intentions.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   

community models work on the short term we had universal basic income here in the 1700s but it only covered the worst period when things improve everything slides back to norm.. past 2nd great depression we had councils of social service rise to meet the challenge, from that the uk got legal aid, food and clothes for the poor, dentistry, loans, reeducation and medical care. this was all covered by public subscription ie a voluntary payments system that was so effective the local one brought homes for the poor to holiday/vacation/convalesce in away from poverty.

some of those things were still around when i went to school, free uniforms for the poorest, all kids had free milk/lunches and at big school (11+) free feminine products, none of it was equal to communism as it was paid by public subscription, ie voluntary payments so more a community that protects its poorest and most vulnerable.. in more modern times its been called called big society, and as reachable by the left or right, religious or not..

the 1930s where a fascinating period in time..
The Big Society - 1933 style in Sussex

edit on 25-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Perhaps there needs to be made a distinction of a community of volunteers, and those that are forced.

Big "C" communism is totalitarian and against everything biblical.

it feels strange to label normal community endeavours as [insert ideology] as if Hollywood's idea of individualism is real.

i've always hated this idea of an individual american living in a mad max world it absolutely wouldn't be the norm, communities would come together and protect each other as its our default state, if that was true the early Americans would never have learnt to circle the wagons, or build towns..

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

There will always be a struggle between good and evil.

This is why communism doesn't ever work. Evil doesn't like to share. Evil likes to enslave.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join