It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage After White Woman Is Named As Winner Of Zimbabwe's Miss Universe Competition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
www.citizen.digital...

The crowning of a white woman as the winner of the 2023 Miss Universe Zimbabwe has been met with much derision and outrage online with many people blasting the organizers for a decision they say is utterly flawed and tinged with racism.

At a star-studded gala held in Harare, Zimbabwe model Brooke Bruk-Jackson, a white woman, was crowned the winner of the Miss Universe Zimbabwe 2023 as her fellow competitors gathered around her clapping as she coyly received the glittering crown.

Fellow Zimbabweans and both black women Amanda Mpofu and Nokutenda Marumbwa were crowned first runners-up and second runners-up respectively.

Immediately after her crowning, Zimbabwean and Southern Africa internet lit up, with many saying that Brooke Bruk-Jackson was undeserving of the honor not just because of her obvious racial heritage but also because her competitors looked much better than her.

I remember sometime ago when Miss Sweden was a black lady and her name was Malou Hansson. She won the contest back in 2002.

en.wikipedia.org...

Miss Finland back in 1996 was a mixed race lady, her father was Nigerian and her was mother from Finland. Name is Lola Odusoga.

www.blackpast.org...

Miss Norway 2011 was the first black woman to win the contest. Her name is Iman Kerigo and was a refugee from Kenya.

newpittsburghcourier.com...

We can't even imagine what will happen if people from Sweden, Finland, Norway, become outraged if a non-white lady wins a beauty competition in these countries. Whatever name is out there will be thrown at them from racist to fascist to Nazi and God knows what else.
edit on 24-9-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I find the opposition of the women racist due to the fact that is seems Zimbabwe is falling for the same type of racial propaganda that we in the US has been feed for decades.

I guess in African countries very soon only blacks can apply, forget that the winner is a born Zimbabwe women born in Zimbabwe soo much for "diversity".

Congratulations to Brooke Bruk-Jackson in her win and the hell with the racist complains.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I find the opposition of the women racist due to the fact that is seems Zimbabwe is falling for the same type of racial propaganda that we in the US has been feed for decades.

I guess in African countries very soon only blacks can apply, forget that the winner is a born Zimbabwe women born in Zimbabwe soo much for "diversity".

Congratulations to Brooke Bruk-Jackson in her win and the hell with the racist complains.

I strongly agree with you.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If it was a transgender, they would have been lining up to kiss "her" ass

a reply to: Muldar

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If it was a transgender, they would have been lining up to kiss "her" ass

www.cnn.com...

Miss Netherlands the first ever transgender woman to win a beauty contest.

There can't be any criticism in this case because the arbiters of truth and ethics will attack you.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Meet the contestants:

www.pageantcircle.com...

Meet the judges:

www.instagram.com...

Isn't it rather odd that the almost all black judges would choose a white woman?

Anyone know why this white woman was so much better than any of the other contestants of color?

Seems fishy to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hey, I only came here to objectify some women, not to be called a racist!

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
Hey, I only came here to objectify some women, not to be called a racist!

That's what beauty pageants are all about - objectification, so it is understood from the get go.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Did they see the Dutch 'miss' universe for 2023? Not even a woman, and definitely not Dutch.
These people who outrage are hypocrites. They would have had no problem with a black woman winning this contest in any European country

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Isn't it rather odd that the almost all black judges would choose a white woman?

Anyone know why this white woman was so much better than any of the other contestants of color?

Seems fishy to me.

Why is that odd? If anything, that makes you sound racist. It's possible for a black person to pick a white woman as the winner you know. You only seem to notice that they are black

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Seems fishy to me.

Why is that odd? If anything, that makes you sound racist. It's possible for a black person to pick a white woman as the winner you know. You only seem to notice that they are black

Why is it racist to question why a white woman won over mostly black contestants, with a white woman running the show and with mostly black judges. Something isn't quite right. It may be political or even reverse racism, but my question still remains. Why did this white woman win over all the others, surely there are qualifying rounds with rankings?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

So if a White woman wins it's sketchy ? Because she's White ?

What attempt at logic are you making here ?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Aren't these "competitions" an anachronism in this day and age?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

To me, she was not the prettiest contestant, so I am asking what set her apart?

I'd like to know why the judges picked her, maybe that information will be available on social media in the near future.

I posted all the contestants in a post above, have a look at all of them and tell me she's the best looking?
edit on q00000057930America/Chicago4545America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
'outrage' yet the only place i seen the story is on ATS

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

To me, she was not the prettiest contestant, so I am asking what set her apart?

I'd like to know why the judges picked her, maybe that information will be available on social media in the near future.

I posted all the contestants in a post above, have a look at all of them and tell me she's the best looking?

Yes. Not all “beauty” contests are about physical appearance.

The criteria would be interesting to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wish there was a virus that could turn everyone in the world purple.

That would solve a great deal of problems IMO.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It always seemed to used to be which one wanted World Peace and stuff the most?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
'outrage' yet the only place i seen the story is on ATS

Thank you!

It's not given much attention in the MSM but the story is true.

Unless you base your knowledge and information on the MSM.
edit on 24-9-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

How dare you! What exactly is wrong with green?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join