It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Prophecy - The Three Days of Darkness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Prophecy is a Divine light by which God reveals things concerning the unknown future and by which these things are in some way represented to the mind of the seer, whose duty it is to manifest them to others.

The "Three Days of Darkness" is a private revelation of several Catholic saints and mystics. It is said to be three days where there will be no light from either natural sources (sun, moon, stars, etc) or from man made sources such as electricity, and hell will be literally be loosed upon the world. The gates of Hell will be opened, and it'll be deadly for a large portion of the world and it'll make a mess of the world. No time frame is given for when this is to happen. It is not part of Catholic dogma or Catholic teaching. It is private's revelation meaning that the hearer is free to believe it or not as they see fit. Some of the people who prophecied the Three Days of Darkness are 'blessed' or 'saint' in the church, meaning they have performed miracles and led holy lives. Others who prophecied it are mystics or others such as children who have claimed to have been visited by angels and/or the Blessed Virgin Mary.

One of those who have predicted it is Blessed Anna Maria Taigi (1768-1837). She is said to have stated - "There shall come over the whole earth an intense darkness lasting three days and three nights. Nothing can be seen, and the air will be laden with pestilence which will claim mainly, but not only, the enemies of religion. It will be impossible to use any man-made lighting during this darkness, except blessed candles. He, who out of curiosity, opens his window to look out, or leaves his home, will fall dead on the spot. During these three days, people should remain in their homes, pray the rosary, and beg God for mercy. All the enemies of the Church, whether known or unknown, will perish over the whole earth during that universal darkness, with the exception of a few whom God will soon convert. The air shall be infected by demons who will appear under all sorts of hideous forms."

Marie-Julie Jahenny (1850–1941), known as the "Breton Stigmatist," expanded upon the story of the Three Days of Darkness. According to Jahenny, it would occur on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday; all of Hell would be let loose to strike at those outside their homes and those without a lit blessed candle of pure wax. These candles would miraculously stay aflame the entire period, but not light at all in the houses of the godless.

Some other visionaries and mystics said to have prophecied about the Three Days of Darkness are St. Hildegard, in Germany; Elizabeth Canori-Mora,; Father Nectou, in Belgium; Rosa-Colomba Asdente, Pere Lamy, Marie Baourdi, Marie Martel, Palma d'Oria, in Italy, Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska . This is not a complete list. Saint Padre Pio is said to have prophecied about it, but the Padre Pio Center says that is false.

The Three Days of Darkness Prophecy

The prophecy of the “Three Days of Darkness” is relatively simple: the world will be plunged into darkness for three days, during which time demons will roam the earth and cause great destruction and suffering. The faithful are urged to stay indoors during this time, with their doors and windows closed and covered, and to pray and repent for their sins.

The prophecy also states that during this time, a great purification will take place. Those who have prepared themselves spiritually will be protected, while those who have not will suffer greatly. The faithful are urged to make use of sacramentals such as holy water and blessed candles to protect themselves and their homes.

As a secular side note - no electricity or power - that means no cars running and no airplanes flying, etc. I'd say it sounds like an EMP that people are trying to describe but had no words for. Their perception of the revelation would be restated in their words and in their world view ... war and an EMP taking out electricity, and smoke from fires burning cover the sun and moon so they can't shine? Maybe. The world would be a mess after three days of that. Survivors would find a mess to deal with I'd think.

This would not be the first time that Three Day of Darkness fell upon the Earth. We find it in Exodus with Moses - Exodus 10:21-23 - Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness spreads over Egypt—darkness that can be felt.” So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days. No one could see anyone else or move about for three days. Yet all the Israelites had light in the places where they lived.

Scripture reference for prophecy from God -

1 Corinthians 14 - Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

Acts 2:17–18 - ‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.

edit on 9/22/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I question whether "removal of all enemies of rhe church" is compatible with Revelation ch13 (where the enemies of the church are very active) or 2 Thessalonians ch1 vv7-8 (where the enemies of the church are finally judged).

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

That is very interesting, and this prophecy may intersect between religion (from the source you mention above), and science.

If there is going to be a solar micronova in the coming years (as a number of significant scientists postulate, but not the mainstream media), beforehand likely an intense solar flare will knock out electricity (no manmade electric lights), and then dust from the micronova shell will block out sunlight until it reaches the Earth's distance of 1 AU, causing ??? Maybe 3 days of darkness, before 'all hell breaks loose' and the final horseman of the apocalypse arrives.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
This Three Days of Darkness could be part of the final battle.
Or it could just be the perception of the receiver and therefore fallible.
Prophecy is a tricky thing. There is the human filter involved.
So .... Who knows.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
An EMP wouldn’t cause people to “drop dead” opening their windows, unless of course it’s the result of a nuclear weapon, however radiation poisoning doesn’t have such immediate effects, but being in the blast radius sure would…either way, a window wouldn’t prevent it🤷🏼‍♂️

I believe 3 days of darkness is involved in some indigenous peoples prophecies. It’s been a while, but perhaps it was the Hopi’s ?

“ The Hopi Indians are the Record Keepers of the Native Americans. The Hopis call this the “The Fourth Age of Man”. According to them the earth has been wipped clean 3 times already. First by Fire, next by Ice, most recently by the flood… Approximately 11,000-12,000 years ago. Some believe that the actual date of the flood occured on June 5, 8498 BC. According to the Hopis we are about to enter “The Fifth Age”, which they call “The World of Illumination”, which seems to coincide with the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. The Hopis say that there will two more worlds after this. “The Sixth Age” which is “The World Of Prophecy and Revelation” and “The Seventh Age” is “The World of Completion”. The 3 days of darkness of Hopi Prophecy was first thought to be in 1998/1999 (Also Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce predicted 1998 and 1999 would be an important year, following world events the three days of darkness will be between 2011 and 2015 in my opinion.”
Source: www.alamongordo.com...

edit on 22-9-2023 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Back in the mid-1980s, I had a friend whose mother went to Međugorje to visit the site where the villagers said they saw the Blessed Mother. My friend's mom was very knowledgeable on all things Catholic. She told us about the Three Days Darkness. I was raised Catholic, but had never heard of it. I don't scare easily, but that story freaked me out. She had the blessed beeswax candles in her house.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Back in the mid-1980s, I had a friend whose mother went to Međugorje to visit the site where the villagers said they saw the Blessed Mother. My friend's mom was very knowledgeable on all things Catholic. She told us about the Three Days Darkness. I was raised Catholic, but had never heard of it. I don't scare easily, but that story freaked me out. She had the blessed beeswax candles in her house.

I went to Medjugorje back in 1991. Saw a couple of the children and was at St. James church during one of the apparitions as well as 'Apparition Hill' during an evening apparition. That's when I first heard of the Three Days of Darkness. We have blessed beeswax candles in our house just in case. And we have coverings available for all the windows as well. You never know ...

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I think the 'drop dead' looking out the window thing is that they would die from fright. Either from seeing demons running around or from the destruction etc etc .... I can see people dropping dead from massive instant stress if something like that was to happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I went to Medjugorje back in 1991. Saw a couple of the children and was at St. James church during one of the apparitions as well as 'Apparition Hill' during an evening apparition. That's when I first heard of the Three Days of Darkness. We have blessed beeswax candles in our house just in case. And we have coverings available for all the windows as well. You never know ...

About that time (mid 80s), I was given a book on the visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich. Have you read about her?
It was said that she possessed the gift of reading hearts, and could see visions of the past, present, and future.

Lots of info available in The Archive:

ANNE CATHERINE EMMERICH

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I question whether "removal of all enemies of rhe church" is compatible with Revelation ch13 (where the enemies of the church are very active) or 2 Thessalonians ch1 vv7-8 (where the enemies of the church are finally judged).

as a roman catholic i tend to like this feathering in with the alois irlmaier prophecies, my history teacher in the 80s had us playing fulder gap in terms of thinking history/war/prophecy, she was the one teacher i had i admire the rest where sctuasl tankies so loved the idea of the tanks rolling..

i never really thought it'd ever be relevant again but in the world of putin it feels more relevant now than the 80s when io was in bug school.

in that vein my fear has e never been nuclear but rather chemical or biological..

the whole framing irlmaier uses fits where we are in a lot of ways far more than the normal prophecy where you have to use an electron microscope and a decoder ring just to see any kind of connection.

this catholic prophecy channel is interesting

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'd say it sounds like a nuclear exchange. if the USA, Russia, and China went at it, most the cities would be destroyed the ash and fallout would rise into the air, and you could have many days without sunlight. On top of that you have the pestilence, which the radiation levels would take 14 days to drop to survivable limitations. The first 3 days people would die quick. They recommend 14 days before going out, as that just means dying slow vs quick. after 3 months you just die slower, and it takes years of recovery to remove the background radiation that kills you slowly.

So EMP, only candles, and if you are living post nuclear exchange I am willing to bet you are praying by candle light, (Blessed Candles), and the fallout kills all the first couple days. Make sense to me.

Camain

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

early 80s my history teacher brought us to the prophecies of Alois Irlmaier getting us to wargame the fulda gap to help us see the how history, prophecy and geography play into it all.. she certainly brought me to the conspiracy world..

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

[ I was given a book on the visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich. Have you read about her?

Yep. I've read some of her work. There is a lot! It is said the Mel Gibson used her work when making 'The Passion of Christ' movie.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Maybe a gamma ray?

I have thought also that the 3 days of darkness has something to do with with something astral, something violently produced by nature, or violently produced by man.

As far as demons being released, if you look around you, the changes in the behavior of people all around the globe, that may be the explanation for why so many normal people have become hateful, rude, vile, vicious, and violent.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to watch it now.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

I found the video you posted very interesting.

From where we are standing, it does support the claims of the prophecy

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Alas, such is our design, like moths to a flame we flutter towards Ignorance and superstition.

Three days of darkness only blessed candles can illuminate...wow.

edit on 22-9-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Any large scale EMP would most likely be a nuke. You detonate one of those in the atmosphere, and it functions as an EMP, but can cover a large area without actual casualties. It's been known you could use nukes this way for quite some time, and suggested by many pundits that Russia may do something like that at some point.

a reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Interesting ….I am not. Avery religious person , I didn’t grow up in a church . But I do believe their is some truth’s to
stories in the Bible. I have heard about the 3 day prophecies , but didn’t realize you could only use blessed beeswax candles . What’s the difference ? Is there a different ingredients in the candle ? Is it beeswax Vs paraffin and one would melt - disintegrate from the EMP, and one would not ? Or is it because they are blessed ? ( seriously , I don’t know ) .

<<   2 >>

join