It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Baby Boomers Are Falling Into Homelessness - Fastest Growing Segment of Homeless Population

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: FlyersFan

As a Boomer, I suggest that we use the trust funds and inheritances we'd set aside for our ungrateful children and blow it on cruises, booze, and anything that can harm the environment.

But seriously, this sucks. And the following generations don't give a damn anymore.

They're too busy playing victims and blaming my generation for all their problems while they're on their phones sipping vegan soy mocha-latte'.

Not my original idea, but I’ll add on to it…….
Picture this.

We take old abandoned malls. We make those into retirement homes.

Here’s my add ons-
We have giant lan parties and us mIRC, drink coke from glass bottles, play oldies from the 80’s.
In the cafeteria we will be served school square pizza, orange Julias, and McDonald’s pies fried in beef tallow and listen to boom boxes and walkmans.
Instead of Anchor stores, we will have a grocery store, an urgent care, and a blockbuster. What more could we need?

There will be a moat built around the mall and one road in. The road only fits one car that uses stick shift with no GPS.
This will prevent any Millennials from sneaking in. 🤣

EHEM.

Looks like *this* Millennial remembered to book Tiffany & Debbie Gibson for D & D nights (somebody's got to be the DM & it ain't me)

Edit: Ok, so it's Taylor Dane DMing, prices are steep anymore.
edit on 9/14/2023 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
We have done everything 'right'. Worked. Saved. 401K and pension at husbands work. But by my calculations we will be out of money at age 85 and that's only if everything goes alright and there are no surprises.

Here's some free advice...

Take some of your savings/cash, and buy a few bitcoins. Put them in cold storage. Wait 5 or 10 years, and you will be very, very happy you did.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here's what they have got planned - do with the information what you will.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Come on guys. Pull your own bootstraps up!

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Middle out bottom up .... can anyone tell me what the hell that means?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Middle out bottom up .... can anyone tell me what the hell that means?

I hope it means that the workers won't get the short end of the stick any more. Google Ford workers ... ain't gonna take it any more.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

hahahaha...... So you don't understand it, but you like the idea.

Word salad is delicious with the right dressing

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Middle Out is pretty straightforward.

Middle-out economics claims a fundamental law of capitalism must be “if workers have no money then businesses have no customers”. In this sense, it claims that the true “job creators” in a capitalistic economy are customers and not rich business people. It maintains that a thriving middle class is the cause of growth and not the consequence of it.

-Wikipedia: Middle-out economics

edit on 15-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Thank you!

So is this what the Biden admin is lying about doing? Doesn't seem to be working very well.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I think he gave a major speech yesterday, but I missed it.

I did a search for the full term "Middle out bottom up" and a page came up, then a pay-wall which said "This is not a paywall" just give us your personal information. Sounds like a pay wall to me. My personal info has value to me.

Anyway, this thread is about poor Baby Boomers, from what I read it sounds like "and if the Middle Class is doing well, then the lower class will do better." Kind of like the floating boats sayings, like "then all boats rise".

The homeless don't have boats though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join