It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus died to set you free, so in honor of him, be free.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: FlyersFan
Read Romans 6-8, Galatians 5, and 1John 1-3.

Read Romans 3:23-24, Ecclesiastes 7:20., Romans 3:10, Psalm 143:2
Its really easy. I already posted them for you.
EVERYONE SINS. You try not to. You apologize to God when you do. But ALL SIN.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Born free.

Then mental chains.....

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So, you never sin?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I honor him every day by choosing not to be a Christian and to not worship anything or anyone, including myself.
I find that to be more than sufficient recompense for a historical figure that may or may not have existed, supposedly doing something I didn't ask for, all because a supposedly all powerful creator chose to make it necessary to do it that way instead of just making the problem not exist to begin with.
If the kingdom of heaven is within all of us anyway, and faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains, then what do I need to worship and pray to something else for? That's lame.
The whole point of "Jesus", was that the spirit of "God" is in ALL of us, and that means we are all the "son of god".
The man supposedly lived his life telling parables. Ever think his life might have just been a parable itself?
How about "Dwell in spirit, don't care about Earthly stuff, or Earthly religions, or herd mentality. Listen to your conscience, have empathy, come together with fellow humans, be a Communist (yes the Biblical Jesus was literally a Communist, like it or not), and know that if you believe you can do something then you can"?
None of those things require worshiping anything, or surrendering to any religious doctrines.

edit on 12-9-2023 by TheValeyard because: spelling error bc I'm over-caffeinated

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   

this is why i do not follow your god or your religion. there is no accountability.

a person can be truly evil their entire lives, then find jesus and its all good.

also, i think its pretty bad that the same evil person never has to pay for their evil. they dump that stuff on an innocent person to pay for it.

nah, i want accountability. i want to be judged on my actions, good and bad, and praised or punished accordingly.

ive known way too many christians that are "not perfect, just forgiven" types. sinning it up on saturday, hungover at church on sunday. they are forgiven.

wtf, mate.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

There is accountability. Those who believe in Jesus but return to their vomit will have a worse punishment than those who never believed.

Jesus willingly paid the debt for our sins. It was not forced upon him. He had multiple opportunities to walk away from his fate.

Perhaps the gospel has been misrepresented to you, but what you're saying is just not accurate.

Jesus died for our sins and was raised on the third day so that in him, we could be forgiven and live righteously. If we reject him or return to disobedience, we will die in our sins.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That's still just, like, your opinion, man.
That's what YOU believe.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Maybe you missed my comment. Do you sin?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatchful

It's probably been months since my last sin. Maybe longer. I can't quite remember. I ask God regularly to make me aware of my sins, and the Spirit has not convicted me recently, but I remain obedient to him.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Everyone sins. No one goes through an entire day without a wrong thought, doing something without thinking it through, coveting something, lying - even the type of omission of truth.

Solomon knew full well that he and all men not only have the potential for sin, but that we all exercise that capacity routinely. As he stated in his prayer at the dedication of the temple, "If they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin…" (1 Kings 8:46). And Solomon spoke of it again in the book of Ecclesiastes: "Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins" (Ecclesiastes 7:20). Again, while these verses do not unequivocally indicate daily sin, they certainly warn us against the pride of saying at any moment that we have no sin.
www.gotquestions.org...

You are setting an impossible standard for any person in this world, new believers, and those who may be open to accepting Jesus in their lives.

edit on 13-9-2023 by Whatchful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   

That's why I didn't initially answer your question. Because regardless of whatever scriptural evidence I show you, your mind is already made up.

Jesus died to set us free, but you're trying to justify remaining in bondage.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Your words are dangerous. I will pray for you.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   

There's no going back to Egypt, so stop trying lest you fall in the desert.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
It's probably been months since my last sin. Maybe longer. I can't quite remember. I ask God regularly to make me aware of my sins, and the Spirit has not convicted me recently, but I remain obedient to him.

You are deceiving yourself. ALL sin.
Romans 3:23-24, Ecclesiastes 7:20., Romans 3:10, Psalm 143:2

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   

[1Co 10:13 NASB95] 13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And I posted scripture that says just the opposite ... that all people sin.
None are righteous.

posted on Sep, 16 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You posted scriptures that described our state prior to justification by faith.

That's like looking forward to yesterday.

<< 1   >>

join