It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the discovery of antigravity cause WW3?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   
BINGO!

a reply to: Duggz

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: RedPanda94

Some would argue that Anti-gravity was the end of WW2 .

We brought home many Nazi scientist along with their discoveries and one of those was Anti-gravity . At-least that's what it said in a dusty book I read once that now sits on a shelf

I've always considered Anti-Matter to be the next great discovery , Well to put it more accurately the Stabilization of Anti-Matter.

Anti-Matter Weapons and General use of Anti-Matter as a Power source the potential is near limitless.

So, while the moon landings were being filmed in a basement somewhere, The nazi scientists were further unlocking the secrets of anti-gravity. Cool.

lol how am I supposed to know ?

It's just a Theory mate , I've read so many Esoteric Books on Fringe Subjects that I cant even begin to remember it all , Who says the Moon Landings were Faked ??? Perhaps they are real ...

Perhaps the Moon is just the beginning.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Anti-gravity already existed.

Superconductor Mobius strip

See, when the puck or whatever went around a curve, it counteracted/ignored Inertia. It should have flown off in a straight line in the direction it was moving.

When it went underneath the strip, it counteracted/ignored Gravity. it should have dropped to the ground.

Maglev trains have been doing this for several decades.

This just takes the rail along with.
edit on 12-9-2023 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
Anti-gravity already existed.

Superconductor Mobius strip

See, when the puck or whatever went around a curve, it counteracted/ignored Inertia. It should have flown off in a straight line in the direction it was moving.

When it went underneath the strip, it counteracted/ignored Gravity. it should have dropped to the ground.

Maglev trains have been doing this for several decades.
You're not using the wikipedia definition of anti-gravity, which specifically says what you describe is NOT anti-gravity:

Anti-gravity (also known as non-gravitational field) is a hypothetical phenomenon of creating a place or object that is free from the force of gravity. It does not refer to neither the lack of weight under gravity experienced in free fall or orbit, nor to balancing the force of gravity with some other force, such as electromagnetism and aerodynamic lift.

So the electromagnetic force holding up an object underneath the strip is specifically excluded in that definition. You said "When it went underneath the strip, it counteracted/ignored Gravity." The electromagnetic force did counter gravity, but that's not anti-gravity. It did NOT ignore gravity. Gravity is still there pulling down, but the electromagnetic force pulling up is stronger. Likewise a refrigerator magnet is not anti-gravity, nor is a helicopter, according to that definition.

If you start making up your own definitions, it becomes difficult to know what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Anti-gravity is a captivating domain of study. Within the realm of theoretical physics, Quantum Gravity is a particularly intriguing field that has received significant attention. If one were to comprehend gravity at the quantum level, it would theoretically open doors to novel mechanisms of manipulating this force. Imagine a scenario where negative mass matter is created, which essentially repels any other matter with positive mass. This would pave the way for innovative propulsion systems and drives.

Louis Witten, an eminent physicist, ventured into this arena, and today, his son, Edward Witten, stands as a prominent figure in M-Theory. Louis's association with the research laboratory at Martin Marietta Corporation raises eyebrows. The fruits of such research remain shrouded in mystery. Did the world of theoretical physics venture too far from tangible physics, resulting in no tangible outcomes? Or did they indeed unravel the enigma of anti-gravity? Both scenarios hold their own set of implications. And in either case, it's human nature to guard one's findings—be it a ground-breaking discovery or an inadvertent mistake.

If anti-gravitational aircraft do exist, attributing their origins to extraterrestrial sources seems rather far-fetched. These wouldn't be miraculous vessels of infinite energy. In fact, I'd postulate that crafting such vehicles would demand exorbitant resources and cutting-edge materials.

The recent spate of "extraterrestrial disclosures" does leave a hint of subterfuge. One can almost visualize a coterie of bureaucrats, cocooned in their windowless chambers, concocting tales to perpetuate myths of otherworldly alliances. If there exists such an anti-gravity propelled aircraft (which I surmise would be drones, given the challenge of high G-forces on organic beings), they might be specialized tools, perhaps employed for geopolitical strategies or as deterrence mechanisms.

The labyrinth of anti-gravity isn't straightforward. Its multifaceted nature means it isn't pure pseudoscience, but neither is it definitively articulated. The real question is whether our advances in theoretical physics genuinely allow us to wield the laws of nature in unprecedented ways.
edit on 13-9-2023 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedPanda94
After doing a lot of research I strongly believe that antigravity actually does exist and that it appears to be the main reason why the military superpowers of the world are keeping the truth about UFOs a secret. There are many fields of study on antigravity done since the 1920s such as Electrogravitics and Magnetohydrodynamics. The main concept in a nutshell is that two magnetic plates counter-rotating on top and below a superconductor metal will create a powerful electromagnetic field causing lift.

I don't see how the military superpowers will allow this technology to be commercialized and fall into the hands of the public. I strongly believe that the day antigravity technology becomes publicly announced will also be the day when world war 3 will start to unfold. I have a strong feeling that those in power would rather start a nuclear war and send human civilization back to the stone age than to risk having this technology fall into the hands of the average person. I seriously hope I'm wrong.

No, it won’t. For perspective, the a-bomb did not start wwii.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

We'll have to prove that strong electromagnetic fields can have an effect on gravitational forces.

And when we do --- if our human civilizations still exist --- magnetic field propulsion vehicles are the future of air and space travel. And we also may use gravitational technology to produce endless electric power generation.

"The Tic-Tac incidents with very credible 'foo fighter'/UAP/UFO testimony from a U.S. Navy pilot, along with declassified UFO footage clearly demonstrates that gravity-defying technology does exist."

quote:

"Does ANTI-GRAVITY Technology Really EXIST?"

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Im not sure there will ever be a full on WW3.. as i believe we are already in a sort proxy ww3.
Luckily no one seems to want to take the gloves off.

MAD still exists

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
If you start making up your own definitions, it becomes difficult to know what you're talking about.

That's amazing that you don't see the irony in saying I made up my own definition about something that, for all intents and purposes, is made up.

Unless you have proof that anti-gravity actually exists everyone's definition is wrong. Including Wikipedia's.

It'll be fun watching you correct everyone when electromagnetic propulsion starts being called 'anti-gravity'.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I always wanted to know what really became of Marcus Hollingshead (www.scribd.com...)

He was another one, several years ago, which, if you believed his claims, were straight out of Star Trek. I think Ventura also interviewed him but, he went silent and then... poof, he was gone.

Whether his "device" was ever real or not is the mystery.

Anyone ever find out what happened? He claimed to have been picked up by the ESA (European Space Agency).

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

That's amazing that you don't see the irony in saying I made up my own definition about something that, for all intents and purposes, is made up.

Unless you have proof that anti-gravity actually exists everyone's definition is wrong. Including Wikipedia's.

It'll be fun watching you correct everyone when electromagnetic propulsion starts being called 'anti-gravity'.
You have serious logic flaws there. Assuming what you say about "anti-gravity" as defined by wikipedia is true, substitute "Unicorn" for "anti-gravity" in your statement above and see if you can detect your own logic flaws:

"Unless you have proof that unicorns actually exists everyone's definition is wrong."

Now do you see the problem with that statement? Does it show you what's wrong with your statement?
Lots of people believed in unicorns, but eventually most people figured out they didn't really exist. That hasn't changed the definition of a unicorn, except now we can add "mythical" perhaps. The wikipedia definition of anti-gravity already says it's "hypothetical" which is the sciency version of "never been shown to exist", which might hold out a little more hope than the unicorn myth that some kind of technological advances could someday reveal if there's any truth to the hypothesis. But probably neither unicorns nor anti-gravity as wikipedia defines it exists yet; that doesn't mean we need to change the definition of either one.

If your message is that anti-gravity doesn't really exist as in your previous post, don't you see how confusing it is for you to say it does?

That's an issue with "ionic lifters", which are sometimes referred to in anti-gravity literature as anti-gravity devices, but they really aren't, and have no effect on gravity. They just use a unique method to counter gravity and they do fly, though they are rather limited in payload and capability.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
I always wanted to know what really became of Marcus Hollingshead (www.scribd.com...)...

Anyone ever find out what happened? He claimed to have been picked up by the ESA (European Space Agency).

I could only read the first paragraph of your link and after that the remaining paragraphs were blurred, is that because I don't have a scribd account?

Here's an information dump on Hollingshead I can read:

Marcus HOLLINGSHEAD Anti-Gravity System
That mentions Hollingshead getting a contract with ESA.

I listened to his interview with Tim Ventura here:

Marcus Hollingshead's Antigravity Device

What he keeps saying in the interview is that he's not a physicist, and he's trying to discuss things he thinks might be going on in his device that are above his level of understanding, like possibly the transmutation or Iron to manganese, though he doesn't mention Manganese specifically, but it's implied:

In his audio interview with Tim Ventura in September of 2004 Hollingshead says that there are changes in the nucleus of the iron atoms within the RP (composed of layers of purified iron and kapton as the dielectric). The forces "push protons into becoming neutrons" and soon the iron core is no longer pure iron.

Note: it is true that an antineutrino (nubar ?-) colliding with a proton (p+) will yield a neutron (n0) and a positron (e+), or, ?- + 1p+ —> 1no + oe+. If a positron speeds away, there must be something that flies out in the opposite direction, since it has been determined that the positron momentum is not balanced by recoil of the proton. A neutrino, answering this requirement, is thus also emitted. This suggests the iron atoms become an isotope of manganese.

The result, says Hollingshead, is the release of energy and production of a local gravity lensing effect. However he reports that the diminution of iron in the RP results in nuclear byproducts and a reliable gravity lensing effect for a duration of only 2,000 hours.

Iron comes in four stable isotopes, the most common of which is Fe-56, comprising 91.7% of most terrestrial samples. There is also Fe-54 at 5.8%, Fe-57 at 2.2% and Fe-58 at .28%. If a proton of Fe-56 is pushed to become a neutron the result is Mn-56 (Manganese with 25 protons and 31 neutrons). Mn-56 is radioactive and has a half-life of about 2.5 hours. Thus, an "RP" would be rendered into a radioactive (hazardous) material. This isotope may be the undesired "by-product" Marcus refers to in the interview.
But this raises so many questions, like how does he know this is happening, since he's just a physics layperson?

What we've seen in other cases of laypeople who don't really know physics, is they can measure effects and not understand what they're measuring. They may genuinely think they've found some effect and may be very sincere and not think they are hoaxing. Hollingshead could be such a person. He has simply not provided enough information about his device for an independent evaluation of whether it's a real effect or a misunderstanding. By the way this is not just something that laypeople get wrong...even physicists have fallen victim to measurment errors. NASA claimed to have measured a propulsion effect of the EM drive, when in reality it was later shown that even NASA didn't really understand what they were measuring, and it was shown to be a measurement error.

So if trained scientists at NASA can misunderstand their measurements, how much easier is it for laypeople with no physics training as Hollingshead admits he is, to do so?

Another anti-gravity researcher was Ning Li, whose company received a U.S. DOD grant for $448,970 in 2001 to research anti-gravity. I would have had higher hopes for an actual scientist like her being less likely to make measurement errors than a layperson like Hollingshead, but nobody seems to know what happened as a result of that $448,970 grant, no results were ever published publicly. Li died a couple of years ago so we may never know, but a physicist on ATS made this post about her credibility not being good. So I have my doubts about her, but her story and apparent disappearance into obscurity after getting a nearly half-million dollar DOD contract makes for good conspiracy theory fodder.

edit on 2023914 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Another anti-gravity researcher was Ning Li, whose company received a U.S. DOD grant for $448,970 in 2001 to research anti-gravity.
I found another post explaining what Ning Li did with the money. It wasn't what she was supposed to do, which was build a prototype:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Bedlam
As I recall the scuttlebutt, the funding was to produce a prototype, but she took the money and did basic research to extend the theory, they got peeved with her spending the funding and not doing what she agreed. At some point you just quit hearing about her and it was like she dropped off the face of the earth.

In 2008, Dr. Jack Sarfatti said she went back to China, but all indications are that never happened. A reporter tracked down her son George after her death, and he was able to tell the reporter about his mother Ning Li, but couldn't say much about her work:

Solving the mystery of Huntsville’s brilliant anti-gravity scientist

George said that his mother was visited by Chinese officials on one occasion in 2008 when members of the CCP were visiting America. They did attempt to recruit her back to the country to continue her work, but Li had no interest.
So apparently the Chinese did try to recruit her but she didn't want to go to China.

edit on 2023914 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wouldn't surprise me if Zorgon and co. weren't one of the study groups that were used as evidence to eventually get (bat$hit insane) ideas like TTSA greenlighted.

At one point- Bedlam convinced Zorgon he had served on an anti gravity FTL triangular US Navy space ship IIRC.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone
Both of those characters were very interesting and I miss their posts here. Zorgon seemed like a nice guy with a good heart that wanted to believe lots of the stories that were circulating, but he didn't just stop there and seemed to always trying to go down the rabbit hole to dig up whatever documentation he could find.

Bedlam seemed like a genuinely brilliant engineer working on secret stuff that he wasn't allowed to talk about, and most of his posts about engineering of non-classified things he could talk about seemed solid. But then he made these outrageous-sounding posts from time to time, and I was thinking if what he's saying is true, I will have to adjust my perception of reality, though I must have missed the post you're talking about. Ultimately he just made me think "what if", but I still have the same "you'll have to show me instead of just telling me" view of reality where I don't really believe wild stories without any proof (which includes anti-gravity claims). If the response is "I could show you, but then I'd have to kill you", I don't need to know that badly. Astr0 was more out there, I don't know if he was serpo or serpo II whatever, or if Zorgon believed him.

Speaking of Zorgon, he was interested in anti-gravity and he and some others had a website called thelivingmoon, which supposedly had some anti-gravity information. One example: I don't think anybody in this thread has mentioned Searl's anti-gravity yet, but it's complete nonsense, like Searl built an anti-gravity machine but it flew away and he's never been able to make another, worse than "the dog ate my homework" excuse. Thelivingmoon had enough information about anti-gravity to make one's head explode, but sadly, most of it is pseudo-science nonsense like Searl etc. There are some exceptions, like some of the levitation articles, which discuss other means of levitation besides anti-gravity, one of which was an electromagnetic levitation experiment done at NASA.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Aye- you can still see Zorgon's post on the living moon.
Reply No.8

Dont know how many other people were recipients of such "tales".

2014 was a vintage year for the belief in SSP Tri's - not sure we can blame it all on the SSP ITK'ers though- 2014 was also the year someone flew that Delta over Wichita- which didnt help.
edit on 17-9-2023 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join