It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nina, Pretty Ballerina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Today I was doing my usual Saturday shopping tour of duty and came across something unusual that perked up my day.

From afar...

Too curious to ignore, I homed in...

Up close and personal...

I'm always saddens me to see any animal out of its natural environment. However, I don't know this gentle creature's history, so I won't shoot criticism from the hip. All I know is that it was very cute, endearing and her name is Nina.

Having heard the name, and goats always give me the impression of standing on tiptoes... a song came to mind. So, here's a musical interlude...

I hope I've brightened your day, as she brightened mine.

edit on 9/9/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sounds like she got your goat, Encia!

Many don't realize how sociable goats and sheep can be. In environments in which they are treated as individuals, they react as individuals, like cats and dogs.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Aw, the nostalgia! I once had a pet goat; dumbest animal on the planet, but SO adorable!

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Nah, I fell in love with Nina.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That's wonderful, I didn't know they could be domestic pets.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yeah. But they are stupid. My uncle had some way back in the day.

Some people equate goats with evil
but look closely into the eyes of a sheep sometime
not saying they're evil per se, just creepy.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

That's wonderful, I didn't know they could be domestic pets.

Sure they can! Just like a pet Koi, but not as bright or trainable.

I don't think there are very many animals I haven't had at one time or another-including seahorses, a tarantula (not by my choice-lol) and a baby alligator and even a full-sized pet pig back in the early 70's.

In 1988 I moved from Arizona back to Idaho in a repurposed school bus with 2 kids, 2 dogs an 12 dozen birds, ranging from parakeets to Moluccan Cockatoos.

I've also been rescuing baby animals who've lost their mother for several decades.

I find animals so much easier to understand and deal with than people, and they always appreciate being fed-no matter how bad of a cook you are.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Goats are so many things:

Tasty, fierce, funny, shifty, good cheese makers, elite climbers, deceptive..

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

LOL, I agree with all those traits, except tasty; I don't think I've ever eaten goat.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have known a few people who had a goat living in their house. Sort of like a pet dog. They will make noises when they want to go out and go bathroom, they can be house trained just like a dog. Also knew a person who had a pet pig in their house, they took it for walks. It was one of those tiny ones, and it was well house trained.

I have known people who had pet raccoons living in their homes...not a good idea, they destroy things, and you definitely should never leave a pet coon in your car alone because they tear apart the seats.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

That’s wonderful, nugget1! It’s rare to find people who give so much care and attention to animals.

I’ve always said that if I were to win the lottery, I’d open a sanctuary for all abandoned, misfit animals. I think I’d dedicate my life to their well being, protection and happiness.

And, you’re right, they are easier to understand. They communicate with their eyes; I tend to notice their pain, joy, anxiety, etc., just through the expressivity of their expressions… humans, less so with each passing day.

edit on 11/9/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, pigs I've seen kept as pets. Apparently, they are smarter than dogs. But goats is a new one for me. I can understand on a farm, but in an urban environment it seems out of place.

In Vancouver, I saw the ravages raccoons leave around abandoned garbage or open bins, I can imagine the havoc they can cause indoors. They are so curious and capricious. I remember, with much affection and nostalgia, the raccoon in the Grizzly Adams TV series... one of my favourite shows when I was a kid.

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

LOL, I don't see them as evil. I feel they are deep thinkers; I don't equate apathy and silence with stupidity - Speak softly and carry a big stick... I wouldn't want to be kicked by one!

posted on Sep, 11 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   

LOL, I don't see them as evil.

Oh! Goats you mean. Are there silent goats? My uncle's goats were into head butting people for no reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 05:49 AM
link   

LOL, I guess the headbutting must be instigated by something that they feel is threatening, either their being, offspring or territory. I believe animals sense our emotions and intentions in some sort of 'psychic' manner, for want of a better word.

They instinctively know,
if someone is friend or foe.

:Cheers:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Or,

They have an itch on their head and don't have hands to scratch it.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Of course pet goats know the secret of getting head scratches by humans;
domestic goats, not so much.

top topics

join