It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel Khalife Police Search Richmond Park For Terror Suspect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The prison escape of terror suspect Daniel Khalife was "clearly pre-planned" and is "extremely concerning", the head of the Met Police has said.
Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley told LBC the force is exploring the possibility that the former soldier was helped by other prisoners or guards.
An overnight search of Richmond Park in south-west London has also taken place.
The 21-year-old is accused of trying to spy for an enemy state, understood to be Iran, and plotting a fake bomb hoax.
The search of Richmond Park was not based on any specific lead or intelligence, and search efforts have been scaled back, BBC News has been told.
Mr Khalife - who joined the British Army in 2019 - clung to the underside of a delivery lorry to make his escape from HMP Wandsworth on Wednesday morning.

Daniel Khalife Police Search Richmond Park For Terror Suspect

Hopefully, he's found soon and apprehended back into custody.

Ballsy escape i suppose, but you have to wonder at the level of security and supervision if inmates can get away in this sort of manner?
edit on 8-9-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
He'll head for London, get lost in the crowd and meet up with a sleeper cell. If he can disappear that easy, they'll never find him till it's too late.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well, he won't have far to travel considering the location.

I tend to imagine you might not be too far off the mark DAVID64.

Hopefully, we are wrong all the same, and someone spots him before he can manage to depart the UK.

That's if he has not already been spirited away and disappeared into the night.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:12 AM
link   
given the way the uks sis works this looks like an inside job.. far too easy an escape..

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
He'll head for London, get lost in the crowd and meet up with a sleeper cell. If he can disappear that easy, they'll never find him till it's too late.

unless he's sis or srr.. though srr tend to be female..
edit on 8-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The escape is somethig I've only seen in movies, raises a lot of questions about security and if guards or the driver had been bribed.

Seems odd for him to be such a popular park given the high profile hunt but hope they catch him ASAP as he's a very dangerous and capable of big terror attacks.

I think he fled the country shortly after his escape. There's not enough details yet but it seems very carefully planned out and not a spur of the moment escape - given his army backgroud, I imagine he'd arranged for people to pick him up and get him out the county if the escape was succesful

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

easy is straight to coast and small boat or ferry given no one watches the channel any more for boats in either direction..

king charlie brighton, lord lucan new haven.. its an easy hour by train and ferry journey

edit to add even small plane from the likes of shoreham or any number of private airfields.. depending on who funded this escape.
edit on 8-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Ballsy escape i suppose, but you have to wonder at the level of security and supervision if inmates can get away in this sort of manner?

if it was this easy and inmates could more would.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Looks like it.

Obviously, further information is required but that would be my guess also.

I mean there is even speculation as to Daniel Khalife having already left the UK.

Don't hold me to the veracity of that all the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I don't think it's easy per say nickyw, but given that it did indeed happen, it's obviously doable.

It raises some interesting questions as to the level of security at that category B HMP never mind questions as to why the fellow was even being housed there in the first place.

By my guess, this was clearly pre-planned, and as you suggest most likely involved a measure of complicity from others.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Not excuing this guys behaviour but having read about conditions in that prison(and many others in collapsed britain)I really can't blame the guy for wanting a change of scenery.

A previous inmate-now a prison inspector-was interviewed on the news about the conditions-rats everywhere,piles of rotting rubbish un collected,people who have medical emergencies left dying on the floor unattendend by prison officers and left for hours until they die or an ambulance decides to arrive..
Some may be shocked at those conditions in modern day Britain-But not me.All our other intstitutions have collapsed,so why not the prisons as well?
Its only logical.

The guy is probably sipping tea in Tehran by now.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I'm not familiar with SRR but he would certainly be under watch by SIS and it's certainly possible he was feeding info back to them given his links with Iran. It's not unheard of for SIS to aid enemy coutries in this way to protect sources and agents.

MET have confirmed it was a carefully planned escape with talk of Iran possibly helping set it up as he's accused of working on behalf of Iran to steal national security info.

It's a crazy story and it makes no sense for them to have put him in Cat B prison instead of Cat A prisons meant for terror suspects - he seems to have evaded all CCTV cameras in London so must be very well trained in escape and evasion tactics.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The old saying would seem to apply "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime".

Jails are not supposed to be holiday camps.

And you realise the fellow was remanded down to terrorist charges?

As to the state of the UK prison system well it does indeed leave a lot to be desired.

Far worse places around the globe all the same than the correctional institutions here in the UK.

As to where Daniel Khalife happens to be, well that remains to be established, again hopefully he is caught and held accountable for his crimes if he is found to be guilty.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Same method of escape that El Chapo pulled off, or am I thinking of Pablo Escobar?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Richmond Pk (Surrey) is very near to HMP Wandsworth (SW London). Police doing a search of the park makes sense. There are a number of small airfields in Surrey - quick escape route out of UK, probably on private charter?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The old saying would seem to apply "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime".

Jails are not supposed to be holiday camps.

And you realise the fellow was remanded down to terrorist charges?

Jails don't have to be holiday camps,but they can still be a punishment while adhereing to basic standards of hygene and medical help when needed.

Remember-The guy has not yet been convicted so although he is charged with serious crime,we can't say for sure if he is guilty of the original charges.

Of course the escape doesn't help his case though.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

SRR or special reconnaissance regiment is an an extension of the sas and descended from the troubles era 14 intelligence company with more focus on counter ambush escape and evasion training..

I said mostly women as they were sent into the ME as they are able to get into/out of places men can't.. in uss terms its the equivalent of "the activity" both seem to converge on similar streams from the me..

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Great take and interview about how hard it is to avoid CCTV in London and how it requires inside info and meticulous planning.

I wouldn't be that suprised if he had several pre-planned locations (bottle necks, traffic lights, places where ULEZ cameras had been destroyed by people) where he could uncouple himself from the van and climb into a manhole then wait for a van/lorry to pick him up.

Nearly every square inch of greater london is covered by cameras and even when exploiting their blind spots there doesn't appear to be a single eye witness report of him during and after the escape.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Jails don't have to be holiday camps,but they can still be a punishment while adhereing to basic standards of hygene and medical help when needed.

I don't disagree, but like i suggest there are far worse correctional institutions in other nations around the globe to find yourself in than a category B HMP in the UK.

Which by the looks of things, appears to be the wrong place for the fellow to have been held.

My understanding being terrorist suspects are generally held in our category A jails.

Remember-The guy has not yet been convicted so although he is charged with serious crime,we can't say for sure if he is guilty of the original charges.

Quite hard to get remanded here in the UK in this day of age as most of the places are full to capacity and then some.

Unless you have an extensive criminal record, are a flight risk, or pose a serious danger to the public.

Which is something to consider where Khalife's charges are concerned, and given the fact that he escaped.

Of course the escape doesn't help his case though.

Well it certainly won't help his case in the eyes of the law, or if he happens to be caught and brought to justice.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join