It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious international laws that MUST be implemented before the roll out of CBDCs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
As an ordinary person if I go on holiday abroad my spending is about £100/$100 a day, so I get cash out. But if, like they say, they bring in card only payments, what if on the first day they freeze my account. Not only would it ruin my holiday but the implications of having no funds does not bear thinking about.

The laws that should be in place before CBDC is rolled out.
1. The law MUST state that no Bank, no Government or other legal institution can freeze or in any way stop you accessing your own money.
2.Ordinary citizens that are just spending "living" money (not large purchases) SO, the law should state that all transactions below (a normal day to day expense) say, £100/$100, must be free from any and all charges. Over that amount per day the banks can charge whatever.
AND these laws MUST be upheld wherever you are in the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   
They also need a law prohibiting any malfunction of all computer systems connected to banking.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The whole point of CBDC’S is to control how you spend your money, it will be tied in with personal ESG scores. If you’re rich enough you will be able to offset this as with carbon credits, otherwise you will have limits on most things. They don’t really want you to leave the 15 minute cities never mind holidays abroad.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I have to disagree with this part:

SO, the law should state that all transactions below (a normal day to day expense) say, £100/$100, must be free from any and all charges. Over that amount per day the banks can charge whatever.

All transactions should be free.

People shouldn't be charged fees to spend or move fiat money within they're own country.

That's how it is with cash, so if they're not improving on what already exists, free market dictates that customers will prefer to stick with cash.

edit on 8-9-2023 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:06 AM
link   

The new 446 page Energy Bill, passed by Parliament with only nine votes against it, makes provisions about a wide range of energy matters, including energy production, regulation of the energy market, CO2 transport and storage, carbon capture, hydrogen production, low-carbon heat schemes, hydrogen grid trials, heat networks, smart appliances, load control, energy performance of industrial and residential premises, offshore energy production, and the civil nuclear sector. The Bill is written in dense, legalistic language and references other pieces of previous legislation, meaning it would take a great deal of effort to understand it fully.

The Bill explains what a ‘Smart Meter’ is and gives energy providers the ability to control how much energy we are allowed to consume using a “load control signal”. Moreover, representatives from energy companies will be given the power to enter any home, with police protection if required, to replace traditional meters at the end of their lives with Smart Meters. Furthermore, authorities will have the power to force energy assessments for any premises and impose fines of up to £15,000 or one year in prison for failing to meet any future energy performance levels. Lastly, ‘Energy Savings Opportunity Schemes’ will be established and obligations imposed on persons and companies to make energy savings, with criminalisation for failure to comply.
darntons.com...#:~:text=So%20it%20seems%20that%20the,%E2%80%9 Ca%20load%20control%20signal%E2%80%9D

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I’m thinking we will end up with more than one CBDC reserve currency just because of this issue. Countries are tired of the dollar dominance and how it is used to sanction if the US disagrees with their policies.

If we have two reserve currencies sanctions will be a thing of the past.

Also do you think the BRICS nations are going to use the same currency as the US?
Nope, so most likely there will be more than one currency.
edit on 8-9-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How will CBDCs enable governments to continue to borrow trillions? Will there be credit limits, aka debt ceilings?

Will governments eventually be forced by their own negligence to become fiscally responsible, something much harder to do when you have to make massive interest payments on old debt while interest rates rise?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
That bill is downright nefarious.
Did you read this part-

Establishes energy savings opportunity schemes with threat of criminalisation for failure to comply

darntons.com...

You will take your opportunity or be criminalized...How Orwellian is that?
The cops will kick down your door if you refuse to allow a power company employee to enter to have a smart meter installed-and you will be dragged off to prison.

How very British.
Nothng authoritarian about that whatsoever.

edit on 8/9/2023 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/9/2023 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I don't think it will just be British.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I’ll just spend cash. If my representative were to vote for such a law we would be waiting for his return home with pitchforks and torches.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Your point 1 has very huge problem. That will cause anyone that is taking money from your account illegally not to be stopped until your account is empty.

Should you need to stop transactions because someone has stolen your identity and are using your account, how are you going to stop it if you can't just have your bank stop it? Your law would make identity theft very profitable.

Number 2, all transactions to or from the accounts of individuals should be free. The banks are supposed do make their money by holding yours not by charging to you to use it.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I’ll just spend cash. If my representative were to vote for such a law we would be waiting for his return home with pitchforks and torches.

There’s an Aldi in London that doesn’t accept cash anymore, other stores are the same and it’s going that way in general. Where are the pitchforks and torches?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Bud light them.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Good find most people won’t believe this until it’s to late

force energy assessments for any premises and impose fines of up to £15,000 or one year in prison for failing to meet any future energy performance levels.

How much will it cost to meet these energy performance levels I wonder? What if you can’t afford the costs? You’ll be forced out of the home you own one way or another. What crime is being committed by your home not meeting energy performance levels exactly anyway? People really need to think hard about where all this BS is heading.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
we're going to end up with parallel societies using parallel monetary systems.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Good find most people won’t believe this until it’s to late

force energy assessments for any premises and impose fines of up to £15,000 or one year in prison for failing to meet any future energy performance levels.

How much will it cost to meet these energy performance levels I wonder? What if you can’t afford the costs? You’ll be forced out of the home you own one way or another. What crime is being committed by your home not meeting energy performance levels exactly anyway? People really need to think hard about where all this BS is heading.

the idea is to confiscate homes as this gov is trying to do a john major and force the poor out of their homes to enable rich foreign investors to buy them on the cheap, people are not falling for it twice hence they are rushing through laws to allow confiscation and reselling the properties to mates on the cheap.

its where the scale of corruption we see plaguing the west ends up..
edit on 8-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
International Laws that must be rolled out before implementation:

1. CBDCs and usage thereof are optional; any country that tries to implement them as mandatory and introduces a fee associated with them shall be invaded by brutal military force.

That should just about cover everything, right?

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Uh, sorry, you just don't quite get it. One of the big reasons for CBDC is to control people's behaviors by refusing them use of their money. Buy a firearm? No more money for you. Invest in an OIl & Gas Corporation? No more money for you!

Oh, and another thing.....they don't want you leaving your fifteen minute city gulag either. No travel for you! And if you do travel, you'll find yourself stranded and allowed to starve to death. No more life for you!

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The laws that should be in place before CBDC is rolled out.

Just say NO to CBDCs.

Bitcoin 'free the world!'

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join