It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inflation cost of gasoline is bringing unheard of prices ever before in Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: musicismagic

WTF is “trucking gasoline”?

Do you mean diesel? That’s usually always more expensive than petrol in Australia.

Yes, trucking gasoline means " diesel " . I remember in the States diesel was less then 20 cents a gallon. Can you believe that. And gasoline my Chevy Nova was only 23 cents a gallon in Florida.

You're showing your age, MIM!
I remember as a teenager two rival stations would have 'gas wars' to undercut each other, and one night we got gas for 15 or 17 cents a gallon.

The whole world seems to be onboard with using the Green agenda and Covid to first bankrupt every nation, then swoop in with a plan to 'save us all'.
The only snag seems to be BRICS; not everybody is on board with a One World Government, it seems.....and we all know how that's going to end.

Enjoy every day as if it's your last, because one day it will be.

Actually gas was about 18 censt a gallon when I was 16. Cigs were 25 cents a pack. And chips 10 cents a bag and my favorite, Hostess cherry pie for only 12 cents. I wonder what they cost now in the States?

A quick internet search will tell you, but trigger warning: make sure your heart is healthy before looking it up.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well Music, I didn't think your prices were all that bad but maybe they are for your country. However, it looks like things will be getting worse. The Biden administration is putting the squeeze on everyone right now. Add in the reduction in oil production from other countries and you have a worst case scenario. Of course, just in time for winter.

In an aggressive move that angered Republicans, the Biden administration canceled the seven remaining oil and gas leases in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge on Wednesday, overturning sales held in the Trump administration’s waning days, and proposed stronger protections against development on vast swaths of the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska.

www.pbs.org...

Oil prices spike as Saudi Arabia, Russia extend 1.3 million barrel a day oil cut through December
World Sep 5, 2023 7:27 PM EDT
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia and Russia agreed Tuesday to extend their voluntary oil production cuts through the end of this year, trimming 1.3 million barrels of crude out of the global market and boosting energy prices.
www.pbs.org...

I don't think anyone will find comfort in the fact we'll all be suffering together. Well everyone but the wealthy and connected.

Get your stuff now people cause it doesn't look like it's going to be any cheaper.

<< 1   >>

join